Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 20th, 2018, 01:59 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 12/10/18: Black Harts Compl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Okay, just had time to look through these - I really, really like them. Dark Iris and Steel Auxilius might be my favourite. My one suggestion would be making Linebacker a Unique Hero - that way, someone has everything they need from a single copy of Battleball.
Thanks for checking them out! The idea of changing the Linebacker into a Unique Hero is tempting, since I already changed the Black Harts to only have 3 members so that the box would come with a "complete" two squads and the Battleball supply will inevitably dwindle.

I really like them as an Uncommon Hero because of the army building flexibility and their Swog Rider-esque roots, though. I think that having just two of them (or even one) is more than enough, too, but I know that plenty of people want to have more multiples of common units. I'll have to mull over potential transitions to a Unique Hero for a bit.
Old January 4th, 2019, 12:38 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Astro's Custom Units [Update 1/4/19: Iron Wolves Complete]

With the new year finally underway, I've found the time to get together another post detailing the various units in the Iron Wolves faction that I designed. This should hopefully make viewing all of them at once easier.

IRON WOLVES OVERVIEW

Here is a compilation of every card in the Iron Wolves faction, along with a brief explanation preceding each. This should make it easier to view the faction as a whole.
Spoiler Alert!

In addition to the compilation above, here are alphabetized links to each unit's original post, so that more detailed synergy webs and bios can easily be viewed:
Iron Judge
Iron Wolves
Quick Jack
Stalwart
Stalwart the Forge
Steel Ultimatus
Should anyone be interested in acquiring these figures for themselves, they are all contained in a single box of the game Battleball (it contains one copy of every Hero and enough extra figures for two squads of the Iron Wolves). It also contains every unit that I used for my Black Harts faction, which is the counterpart to this one. Currently, the entire box can be found for relatively cheap by searching on eBay.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome!
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:36 PM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 1/9/18: Masha Shingai]

MASHA SHINGAI
Demon Samurai

Valkrill's Vengeance - The Last Dynasty (1/3)
Online HeroScape Link
Playtesting Results

The figure used is Oni Mage from the Pathfinder Battles: Kingmaker set. Masha Shingai is a single-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ABE NO SEIMEI : NIGHT OF THE YOKAI
    As a Yokai, revealed Order Markers may be moved from Masha Shingai's Army Card to any other card you control.

• ABE NO SEIMEI : SHAPESHIFT
    As a Yokai, Masha Shingai may switch his location with any other Yokai before moving normally. Other Yokai include:
  • HATAMOTO TARO : HEROIC DEFENSE AURA
    As a Samurai, Masha Shingai may benefit from Hatamoto Taro’s HEROIC DEFENSE AURA.

• KATO KATSURO : KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND
    As a Samurai Hero, Masha Shingai may benefit from Kato Katsuro's KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND activation synergy.

• TOMOE GOZEN : DEFENSIVE FORMATION
    As a Samurai, Masha Shingai may boost his own defense as well as Tomoe Gozen's when he is adjacent to Tomoe Gozen.
Synergy Benefits OfferedAs always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Original Version:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Astroking112; February 21st, 2021 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added Nure Onna synergy.
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:49 PM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 1/9/19: Masha Shingai]

I'm now pretty confident in Masha's design. Awakened Terror feels great to use (especially without the penalty to Unique Samurai Squads, who really benefitted a lot from the help), but has plenty of room to play around thanks to it only affecting a very specific set of figures and needing an Order Marker every round. One ill-timed initiative switch could end Masha's reign of terror, and my tests suggest that he doesn't make melee match-ups unfair (in the strongest build that I've found, they generally struggled more after he was already killed, surprisingly).

What he does add to the Samurai are more tools and choices. Having another solid hero to use (especially one that can draw attention from the enemy as well as he can) is nice for army building, and his Fiery Retribution helps them ever so slightly against ranged armies. It's extremely difficult to maintain formation with both him and Tomoe Gozen in the same army, letting opponents rush the Samurai before they can finish setting up, but if it's managed well then this army can shine, especially with Raelin. They don't dominate still, but it's a lot more viable than the Unique Samurai squads have ever been, and it still feels distinct from just about every other army thanks to how Tomoe Gozen and Masha Shingai both work.

Personally, I feel that Masha is ready for a SoV submission at this point. My testing shows that outside of extreme theoretical situations (like an army entirely composed of Fyorlag Spiders or Goblin Cutters), he's pretty balanced as-is, so now it remains to be seen how the judges feel. If anyone has any feedback before I submit him, I'd love to hear it; otherwise, I'll be making a formal submission pretty soon.
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been loosely following Shingai through his development and like where he ended up! Quick question that may have been brought up already, but have you considered allowing Fiery Retribution to work on friendlies too? I don't know how much it really matters one way or another (maybe makes him a little bit better), it's more that I just enjoy poking friendly synergies into things to make fun play styles (like the HSB).

Also, sick character bio.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:01 PM

Thanks! I'm really happy with where he ended up, too. I was sure that excluding Unique Samurai from Awakened Terror would be too powerful, but most of my group has come to a consensus that it's reasonable after testing it out.

I've actually never considered letting Fiery Retribution work on friendly Samurai before. My first thought is that it would make him significantly better in team games, since one player could take him and the other could take all of the Samurai to still get the benefits. It's an interesting thought, though I'm not sure if it would really fit here.

Also, thanks for reading the bio! I sat down telling myself that I would make it short, and then I ended up spending most of the time writing that post editing the bio.
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:15 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I've actually never considered letting Fiery Retribution work on friendly Samurai before. My first thought is that it would make him significantly better in team games, since one player could take him and the other could take all of the Samurai to still get the benefits. It's an interesting thought, though I'm not sure if it would really fit here.
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I agree. Too bad, but I more just wanted to mention it because I feel that friendly synergies are an oft missed opportunity.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:08 PM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 2/9/18: Arboris]

ARBORIS
Everlasting Guardian

Valkrill's Vengeance - Growth and Decay (1/4)
Playtest Results

This card art was created by Dr.Goomonkey. The figure used is currently unknown. The one currently pictured on the card is too rare at this point, so I am still looking for a replacement sculpt. Arboris is a single-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ACOLARH : ULLAR'S AMULET
    As a unit that follows Ullar, Arboris may benefit from Acolarh's ULLAR'S AMULET movement bonus.

• CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT
    As a Sentinel, Arboris may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior's KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.

Last edited by Astroking112; February 10th, 2021 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added a link to some playtests.
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 2/9/19: Arboris]

Oh, yeah, I remember that guy! He's really cool.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Thanks! I'm pretty fond of this design. It's a pity that the sculpt is so rare, since he's one of the guys that I'd like to get through SoV at some point or another.
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, that is a great one - I have no shame in saying that you earned that win last Spring.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yeah, that is a great one - I have no shame in saying that you earned that win last Spring.
Considering how many great contestants there were, that's high praise. Thanks for the kind words.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards