Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 15th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Flood away, that is what this thread is for.

A little worried about an un-destroy-able figure. Oh wait I am creating four of those.

For the figure, I would use the one you posted as-is for Larry (with the Spirit still attached) and use that custom for Negative Spirit.
Old August 15th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks solid. Maybe Negative Energy for the one power?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2018, 03:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm wait Hollow Man and Negative Form combo to make him unkillable for long stretches, don’t they?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm wait Hollow Man and Negative Form combo to make him unkillable for long stretches, don’t they?
Hollow Man doesn't make him unkillable - he can still be killed in melee, and quite easily, he just can't be sniped.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 15th, 2018, 03:40 PM

Ah, good, not a problem then.

Old August 15th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A little worried about an un-destroy-able figure. Oh wait I am creating four of those.
Theming has really been a struggle with this guy. The Negative Spirit is either invinvible or very very hard to kill. I've never seen it done. But it is something that can be changed if need be, of course.
Quote:
For the figure, I would use the one you posted as-is for Larry (with the Spirit still attached) and use that custom for Negative Spirit.
I'm planning on making a mini order soon. If I do, I'll buy two Negative Men and try lopping the spirit off one to see how it looks, and maybe post pictures somewhere?
Quote:
Looks solid. Maybe Negative Energy for the one power?
I like it! I'll edit it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Hollow Man doesn't make him unkillable - he can still be killed in melee, and quite easily, he just can't be sniped.
If anyone has a different idea for keeping Larry safe, I am all ears. I guess the theme here is that it's easier to ignore a guy crumpled on the floor vs a guy who's running around. I could also see it being an attack dice reduction or something entirely different.
Old August 15th, 2018, 04:28 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

No such thing as overflow! It's nice to keep your OP updated, but new posts grab our attention.

Negative is looking solid (oops, bad pun). Have you seen Shadowcat II? Reading Negative Spirit, the second power could be a great reuse of Phase Walking.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 15th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
No such thing as overflow! It's nice to keep your OP updated, but new posts grab our attention.

Negative is looking solid (oops, bad pun). Have you seen Shadowcat II? Reading Negative Spirit, the second power could be a great reuse of Phase Walking.
Actually, looking at Kitty, I'm wondering if he might be overpowered ATM. Flying is better than Airwalking, A chance at an autowound and then attacking is probably around the same level as Phase Mastery (Right?), and the Negative Spirit is straight invincible, which is a heck of a lot better than a chance to dodge an attack. Sure, he has his own weaknesses but that could put him even higher than 170, which IMO is a bit on the high end.
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:14 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Two things on this impressive write-up for a tough Doom Patroller:
1) I'd lower the wounding to 1 at the end of a round, and
2) I'd lower the Negative Spirit's Attack to 4. With Flying it's going to often have Height, which will give it 4 anyway. Not to mention with its left box stuff, it will work well with Star Lord. (which I don't know how you feel about, but I thought I'd mention.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Theming has really been a struggle with this guy. The Negative Spirit is either invinvible or very very hard to kill. I've never seen it done. But it is something that can be changed if need be, of course.
Sounds like a good use for a D-20 roll to me. Roll in the upper spectrum and he can't be attacked or something and roll lower and he becomes difficult to kill.
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Two things on this impressive write-up for a tough Doom Patroller:
1) I'd lower the wounding to 1 at the end of a round, and
2) I'd lower the Negative Spirit's Attack to 4. With Flying it's going to often have Height, which will give it 4 anyway. Not to mention with its left box stuff, it will work well with Star Lord. (which I don't know how you feel about, but I thought I'd mention.)
Thanks for the kind words, Spidey! I definitely agree with the 2nd point. Before I felt like he needed that to make him worth putting an OM on, but now with the Negative Energy power I think it'll even out. The 1st point I'll have trouble accepting (I originally had him get destroyed if the spirit couldn't make it back), but I think 1 wound instead of 2 might be for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Sounds like a good use for a D-20 roll to me. Roll in the upper spectrum and he can't be attacked or something and roll lower and he becomes difficult to kill.
I think that sounds really good! I'll mull it over for sure.

EDIT: I'm just going to throw the most current version here. I've added Spidey's changes but haven't written up what Karat suggested.

Negative Man
Spoiler Alert!

Negative Spirit
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; August 15th, 2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old August 16th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Just A Head

So after sitting on it for a night, I think I've chiseled the design down just that bit more.
Quote:
HOLLOW MAN
Before taking a turn with Negative Man, you may place the Negative Spirit, if it is in your army, on an empty space adjacent to Negative Man. If the Negative Spirit is on the battlefield, Negative Man cannot move, attack, and opponent's figures more than 5 spaces away from Negative Man or opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of another figure you control, cannot attack Negative Man with a non-adjacent attack.
I don't know if it's clear, but basically anybody too far away from Negative Man or anybody with another one of your units too close to them isn't going to shoot at Negative Man, because he just won't be their top priority. However, people can still get up close and punch him down. The wording may need a bit of work, but this works way better to me than faux-intangibility.

Quote:
NEGATIVE SPIRIT POSSESSION
The Negative Spirit does not start the game on the battlefield. It must be summoned onto the battlefield by a figure with the Negative Spirit Host special power. If the Negative Spirit would be destroyed, you may instead remove any wound markers from this card and place the Negative Spirit on this card. If you no longer control any figure with the Negative Spirit Host special power, remove the Negative Spirit from the battlefield.

NEGATIVE FORM
The Negative Spirit can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Before rolling defense dice for the Negative Spirit, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, roll defense normally. If you roll 5 or higher, the Negative Spirit takes no damage.
With this change, somebody is still going to have to get rid of Larry to take out the Spirit, but it keeps the Spirit from just being a flying assassin that can't be stopped.

Sorry for double posting again, but I'm excited because I feel like this design is really getting close to feeling like a "complete" unit! (Even if he is friggin' complicated.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy