Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 6th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Michael Myers (Public Playtesting)

I try to break new ground but I also try to reuse powers when they're hitting the right thematic notes (new for the sake of new isn't a good approach, IMO - not saying that's what you do, though). Ultimately, the guiding principle for me is representing the essence of the character, whether that's something that can be done with preexisting powers or it requires new ones.

though! Sorry!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Looking really good here. I have to say, I'm really not a horror movie person (I find most of them extremely predictable and so corny to watch because of there tropes), but I find myself being more and more drawn to these designs. In fact, today I ordered minis for him, Chucky, and since their figures are so expensive, figures to mod into Freddy and Jason. Hopefully I'll have them done in the not to distant future and can post pics. Great job, gang (especially Arkham)!
Same here - I'm not a horror movie person myself, but these designs seem so much fun and so distinct - I've played with Jason a few times and, while I wouldn't go as far as to place him as my favourite design as Odysseus has (no idea who that would be honestly...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Absolutely.

To have MrNobody say Jason is his favorite C3G design and he was compelled enough to start playtesting to try Myers, it definitely makes you feel like these guys are serving a purpose. That was my reasoning before. The more worlds we expand to, the more people and fans of different franchises we reach.

That's what I meant with the superheroes get repetitive comment. It's hard to break new ground in the superhero realm. I always try with every single design I LD to do something new and different not currently featured in the game. Just a new combination of vetted powers doesn't do it for me.
I'm with you absolutely here. I'm finding myself increasingly a tad bored with standard Marvel and DC superheroes. That doesn't mean there aren't ideas there that are interesting, or areas I'd love to see fleshed out or characters I'd love to design, but rather that I generally prefer to see the slightly more offbeat stuff - Marvel and DC characters that don't fit the classic superhero mold, characters from different settings like the fighting game characters, the horror movie characters, the 2000AD stuff hell, even He-Man, even though I have no personal interest. I think expanding beyond the standard superhero mold is making the game more interesting, and I'll generally be much more excited by a design that I feel breaks that mold, to a degree at least, than one that fits into it, just because they feel more distinct. They don't necessarily have to go too far out - I loved seeing Wildcat even though he's a classic superhero because, playing him, he just feels like a boxer - but a bit of distinction from what's beginning to feel pedestrian and cliche will always make me more interested.

~Lazy Orang, who may end up being one of the people in this project who does Marvel and DC designs the least (while still doing a few of them ).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 7th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Well, if you have more than one Marvel or DC, you got me beat.
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Absolutely.

To have MrNobody say Jason is his favorite C3G design and he was compelled enough to start playtesting to try Myers, it definitely makes you feel like these guys are serving a purpose. That was my reasoning before. The more worlds we expand to, the more people and fans of different franchises we reach.

That's what I meant with the superheroes get repetitive comment. It's hard to break new ground in the superhero realm. I always try with every single design I LD to do something new and different not currently featured in the game. Just a new combination of vetted powers doesn't do it for me.
This is one reason I stayed out of it and didn't put up a resistance. I have no use for the horror genre at this stage of my life and with the children i play with. But at the same time if some one is excited about them and it fits into the C3G guidelines then cool...the great thing about Netscape in general is how much variety there is. I've never once played an RPG so the dragons and elves and stuff from classic never appeared on my radar... Marvel came out and I discovered that not even knowing classic existed. If the designers would have been closed minded Netscape would be where it is today...a decade after going out of print. I think of the horror guys the same way...just because it's not my thing doesn't mean it can't work.

So my philosophy is that as long as these figures don't break any synergies or get so powerful that they have to be used to test a future superhero it shouldn't be an issue for anyone. I'll chime in when appropriate and help where I can. But I'm the theme police and I don't always know the full themes. Intake what arkham says about theme and then read the powers and see if that translates to me the same. I figure I can be useful doing that since I know we all see what we expect to see in our own designs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I try to break new ground but I also try to reuse powers when they're hitting the right thematic notes (new for the sake of new isn't a good approach, IMO - not saying that's what you do, though). Ultimately, the guiding principle for me is representing the essence of the character, whether that's something that can be done with preexisting powers or it requires new ones.

though! Sorry!
I find it fun to find existing powers in New combinations...we have nearly 1500 powers here...most times what I need exists.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, personally I could do without a lot of non-comics/superhero stuff, but I'm fine with people chasing what they're passionate about. If it keeps em around longer and draws others in, then it's far and away a good thing. (When I say I could do without em, I mean that I don't have any special love for em, character-wise. I'll always play a card with fun mechanics. Never seen a Friday the 13th movie, but Jason hits my table pretty often)

Part of what I love about the Marvel and DC Universes is the depth of them, though. I love all the weird little characters that fill out those worlds. I could keep chipping away at those forever, and I'd be bummed if the project's direction as a whole ever veered away from fleshing those out.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:38 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, personally I could do without a lot of non-comics/superhero stuff, but I'm fine with people chasing what they're passionate about. If it keeps em around longer and draws others in, then it's far and away a good thing. (When I say I could do without em, I mean that I don't have any special love for em, character-wise. I'll always play a card with fun mechanics. Never seen a Friday the 13th movie, but Jason hits my table pretty often)

Part of what I love about the Marvel and DC Universes is the depth of them, though. I love all the weird little characters that fill out those worlds. I could keep chipping away at those forever, and I'd be bummed if the project's direction as a whole ever veered away from fleshing those out.

The fact that Arkham still kicks out Marvel and DC character that I love makes it much easier to not get personally upset. He does a great job of balancing his outside passions and keeping the mainstream excited as well. So if him being allowed to do these character means he sticks around longer and releases the others...then so be it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Michael Myers @135 points

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Michael Myers, Enchantress (I), Shredder, Sif, Skrull Infiltrator x2 (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Michael Myers, Atom (Ray), Ragdoll, Baron Zemo (Heinrich), Judge Fear (600) vs Robot, Red Skull, Huntress (600)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Feels solid. He can be a bit squishy against supers, but that seems reasonable considering his thematic and in-game power level. The waiting-to-stalk dynamic is cool, and it leads to some tension and interesting decision-making with when you want to go for the kill.
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:32 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Thanks for the tests! Seems like we may be good to wrap up here with him going 2-5. Any desires to see more tests? A 10 point drop? Thoughts?
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:34 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like he'll shine more once his faction comes together. Any chance of a recap of the victory margins of his battles?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 01:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Both of Ronin's games were pretty close, Thing w/5W's and Huntress w/1W being the last ones standing in their respective games. So it doesn't seem to be too far off it he's off at all. Since there seems to be some talk about future slasher synergy to tie all these horror guys together a bit, I'd leave him a 135 or at most drop him to 130 if there is no desire for him to end in a '5' here.
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:02 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Game overview:
Game 1:
Iron Fist with 1/5 wounds, and Tigra unwoudned.
Game 2:
Michael with 4/5 wounds(2nd life), Gamora with 1/5 wounds.
Game 3:
Gamora with 2/5 wounds.
Game 4:
Prof X (1 wound), Beast (2 wounds), Angel (1 wound)
Game 5:
Michael (4 wounds), Mysterio (0 wounds), Count V (3 wounds)
Game 6:
Thing with 5 wounds
Game 7:
Huntress with 1 wound
Old August 7th, 2018, 02:07 PM

So two pretty convincing wins, two pretty convincing losses, and about three close losses?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library