Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 7th, 2018, 06:49 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Scapemage's Public Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Beast Boy updated! Really happy with this direction. Next up!

OCEAN MASTER
ORM MARIUS

ATLANTEAN
UNIQUE HERO
ANTAGONIST
DETERMINED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5
POINTS 250?

SORCERY OF NERON
Start the game with one Glyph of Mystic Ocean Trident on this card. While equipped with a Glyph of Mystic Ocean Trident, Ocean Master may cast spells as though he had the Magical Defense special power.

RISING TIDE
Start the game with 6 blue Tide Markers. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving Ocean Master, you may place one Tide Marker on this card. All spaces on the battlefield whose level is lower than the amount of Tide Markers on this card are considered water spaces.

POWER OF THE DEEP
Ocean Master does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 to Ocean Master's attack, defense, and range while he is on a water space.

SUPERSTRENGTH

GLYPH OF MYSTIC OCEAN TRIDENT
Description = Lightning Control

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Instead of attacking normally with the figure equipped with this glyph, you may choose a figure without the Electrically Charged special power within 4 spaces of the figure equipped with this glyph and roll the 20-sided die. If the figure equipped with this glyph is an Atlantean, add 6 to your roll. If you roll 16 or higher, that figure receives one wound and you may use this special power again. You may continue rolling for this special power until you fail to inflict a wound.

Really rough stuff here, but this is my first draft. Ocean Master is Aquaman's brother. He took a deal with the demon Neron giving him a powerful trident which grants only him magical abilities. The trident can control lightning, whilst his helmet can control water to extreme levels. Hence, I dragged the rising tide gig onto his card from the glyph. He is only slightly weaker than Aquaman but is very comparable, so I gave him Power of the Deep and same stats as Aquaman I, except 1 fewer attack.
I’m really liking this direction, I do think Bats has a good point with the additional class of King if their are no other Atlantean Kings on the battlefield. I feel like that will be a natural synergy with any Atlantean squads that get created.
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:50 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
ATLANTEAN PALACE INTRIGUE
If a common Atlantean figure you control is within six clear sight spaces of Ocean Master, Ocean Master cannot be attacked and he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If no other Atlantean Kings are on the battlefield, Ocean Master is also considered to have the Class of King.
I like the red portion here a lot, but less so the rest. I get the thematic call of Ocean Master bringing his own guards on the rise, but I feel those defensive powers would be suited better on the squad card rather than on Ocean Master's card.

POWER OF THE DEEP DEEP SEA ROYALTY
Ocean Master does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 to Ocean Master's attack, defense, and range while he is on a water space. If no other Atlantean Kings are on the battlefield, Ocean Master is also considered to have the Class of King.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:55 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
If a common Atlantean figure you control is within six clear sight spaces of Ocean Master, Ocean Master cannot be attacked and he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. If no other Atlantean Kings are on the battlefield, Ocean Master is also considered to have the Class of King.
I like the red portion here a lot, but less so the rest. I get the thematic call of Ocean Master bringing his own guards on the rise, but I feel those defensive powers would be suited better on the squad card rather than on Ocean Master's card.

Ocean Master does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 to Ocean Master's attack, defense, and range while he is on a water space. If no other Atlantean Kings are on the battlefield, Ocean Master is also considered to have the Class of King.
Nice!
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:36 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed...

Attuma and Ocean Master would be great to pair with Black Manta for a release. Throw in some Altantean's and you got something really cool.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That could work. Makes me want to make sure that any Atlantean Palace Guards definitely guard their King, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I always love cards that start with Glyphs, but ones that you can easily knock away. A scramble for the magic trident is such a great gameplay feature, especially when it has so much damage-dealing potential.

That being said, I actually do like the "cannot be attacked" bit, though that particular implementation might be a bit too powerful with the current set of abilities. I guess we have to figure out what the Atlanteans squads look like before anything else, though.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:59 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Attuma and Ocean Master would be great to pair with Black Manta for a release. Throw in some Altantean's and you got something really cool.

Here's my dream release for that.

SECRETS OF ATLANTIS: C3G SUPERSCAPE TERRAIN PLAYSET

Terrain: Modular Deep and Shallow Water Playmats including both water and undersea land spaces; Palace structures

Vehicle Destructible Objects: Submarine

Glyphs: Scuba Gear Equipment Glyph

Rules: Rules for underwater movement/survival

Figures: Ocean Master, Aquaman III, Sub-Mariner (Defenders), Attuma, Black Manta, Atlantean Palace Guards, Manta Minions, Kraken

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I have the Guards as just giving Kings/Queens a defense boost, not preventing attacks on them outright.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:34 AM

My version of the guards themselves just aggressively attacked anyone who was hassling their King.

Spoiler Alert!

Old August 7th, 2018, 11:19 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

Here's my dream release for that.

SECRETS OF ATLANTIS: C3G SUPERSCAPE TERRAIN PLAYSET

Terrain: Modular Deep and Shallow Water Playmats including both water and undersea land spaces; Palace structures

Vehicle Destructible Objects: Submarine

Glyphs: Scuba Gear Equipment Glyph

Rules: Rules for underwater movement/survival

Figures: Ocean Master, Aquaman III, Sub-Mariner (Defenders), Attuma, Black Manta, Atlantean Palace Guards, Manta Minions, Kraken

Rather than deep and shallow playmats...which still limit everything in 2D...I like Grish's underwater maps...essentially regular 3D maps with everything considered under water...of course you can have a double level (similar to wayne manor) so you can have above water areas too. Essentially eveyone gets some pseudo flying under water...perhaps flying with -2 to move. Probably need to reduce attacks as well since you can't really punch well underwater. unless you have water strength and such

for reference here is Grish's post and here is something else I found a while back...Betawolf's Underwater Terrain

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:33 AM

Yeah, Betawolf's stuff is what I was trying to conjure. That's what I want.

And I wasn't meaning for the playmats to be all you have (i.e. only 2D terrain) but more the base that you build on top of.

Old August 7th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Rather than deep and shallow playmats...which still limit everything in 2D...I like Grish's underwater maps...essentially regular 3D maps with everything considered under water...of course you can have a double level (similar to wayne manor) so you can have above water areas too. Essentially eveyone gets some pseudo flying under water...perhaps flying with -2 to move. Probably need to reduce attacks as well since you can't really punch well underwater. unless you have water strength and such

for reference here is Grish's post and here is something else I found a while back...Betawolf's Underwater Terrain
I wouldn't get finicky to the point of dropping stats. If you're already having Daredevil fight Batman underwater, it seems like you may as well just handwave the details. They're running around underwater without drowning, doesn't seem like a stretch to let them still have the same relative attack power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy