Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 25th, 2011, 07:07 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Favourite Short Story

With the favourite fantasy book thread it got me thinking about alot of the short stories I have read over the years. What is you fave. It can be fantasy, sci-fi, whatever.

I'm going to list my top 5

#5 At Moonset Blackcat Comes by Gary Gygax (featured in Dragon Magazine #100)
#4 The Frost Giant's Daughter by Robert E. Howard
#3 The Doom That Came To Sarnath by H.P. Lovecraft
#2 The Rats In The Walls by H.P. Lovecraft

and my all time
#1 The Thing In The Crypt by Robert E. Howard
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Favourite Short Story

All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. I read it in 7th/8th grade and still remember it. They made a tv movie of it in the 90s but as always the written word is better.

Lately I have been reading some Phillip K Dick short stories, including paycheck which is the "title" of the compilation, and they are all really good.
Old August 25th, 2016, 06:29 AM

jacknichol Woo who?

cinderella- Disney movie I was in 10th standard when i read it and that's the cutest and romantic story, i evea read in my life.
That's really good and fantastic.
Old October 15th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A Sound of Thunder was such a cool short story to me as a kid, especially the version in the Dinosaurs anthology with the William Stout illustrations. Nowadays it's a part of the anthology some of my independent studies students read and I find it leaves more time-related quandaries than anything else.

As a teen, John Updike's A&P was a memorable and relatable tale.

As an adult one of the more notable short stories I recently read was Stephen King's The Man in the Black Suit in his collection, Everything's Eventual.
Old October 15th, 2016, 08:05 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd have to say my favorite short story is probably 'The Colour out of Space' by H.P. Lovecraft. I've got a whole book of his stuff but still have yet to finish it.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books