Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Blue Lantern (Bro'Dee Walker) - Design Phase

Good call, Margloth! We should probably specify Unique Heroes on the healing power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I think for consistency they should all be (insert color) Lanterns.
That'd definitely be a theme fail for the Star Sapphires, though. Not sure about the blues.
Agreed - on both counts. I definitely prefer Star Sapphires, and I definitely don't know for Blue Lanterns.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We already use Yellow Lanterns, which isn't even the name of their Corps, and Larfleeze, whose only ever called Agent Orange. Blue Lantern is equally usable (even if they're not specifically called "Blue Lantern," they are members of the Blue Lantern Corps.)
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I think for consistency they should all be (insert color) Lanterns.
That'd definitely be a theme fail for the Star Sapphires, though. Not sure about the blues.
Really? I recall Wonder Woman actually being referred to as a Violet Lantern, not a Star Sapphire, same with Flash and the Saint title.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We already use Yellow Lanterns, which isn't even the name of their Corps, and Larfleeze, whose only ever called Agent Orange. Blue Lantern is equally usable (even if they're not specifically called "Blue Lantern," they are members of the Blue Lantern Corps.)
But the generic ones we called Sinestro Corps Soldiers , which would be along the other lines, so there is precedence .
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

As to Margloth's concern, I think healing Event Heroes is fine in this case.

Here's the ERBs. Instill Hope seems to be too weak. Would people be against changing it to an automatic skull for every figure engaged, to a maximum of +3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
I don't see any real problems. The massive healing potential, together with his high move, should find him a place in a lot of armies. It will also probably rarely be worth it to use Instill Hope, but it will be a nice backup power.
Quote:
BLUE LIGHT OF HOPE
After moving, and before attacking, you may remove one blue Battery Marker from this card to remove a wound from this Blue Lantern and all figures adjacent to this Blue Lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
I'm not a fan of Instill Hope. I don't know that I would use up a battery marker with Instill Hope to add one measly attack die for one (possibly more) attack as opposed to saving it for use with Blue Light of Hope to heal a couple figures at once. Let's say I heal wounds from this figure and two adjacent other figures whose cost is in the 250-300 point range. That's 85 points worth of healing just for this figure plus another 50 points or more per adjacent figure, depending on cost and life. So I just added 185 points to my army with one marker, versus maybe adding one more wound to some other figure - which would be 50+ points. Of course, it's more if you do it on a multi-attacker, so that would be the ideal way to set it up, of course.

So let's say it's the same scenario as the healing: a multi-attacker engaged with three figures in the 250-300 point range. We'll even give him the same points/wounds, so 185. But it's an extra die only, so only a 50% chance of adding the extra wound, which is 185/2 points, or 92.5. And that is only if you actually roll enough other skulls to crack the defense, so 92.5 points is conservative (not to mention that a multi-attacker engaged with three other figures in the 250-300 point range within 3 clear sight of Saint Walker is difficult to pull off and the multi-attacker probably won't last long enough to set up the Instill Hope buff anyway).

So it seems like the healing power is a far more efficient way to use the marker. Maybe change the "extra die" to automatic skull and limit the number of attacks it can be applied to or the number of figures it can be applied to, or limit the range of use for Instill Hope (ie- reduce it from 3 clear sight spaces to 2 or even 1). This makes it so that using a marker for Instill Hope isn't such a risk that you blow it on a bad dice roll rather than just saving it for guaranteed points through healing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Saint Walker, Texas Ranger

Because Chuck Norris wouldn’t have it any other way.

Blue Power Battery
Nice synergy boost.

Blue Light of Hope
And this is what I love about the Lantern mechanics, because you diminish power as you lose batteries, but you also have strong incentives to remove batteries.

As written, this would apply to adjacent enemy figures as well.

Instill Hope
Comma after “Saint Walker attacks”.

Whoa, and here’s another use for the battery. It’s one way to turn any figure into a Daredevil. Hmmm, if you draft Daredevil, this bonus would stack with Daredevil’s Man Without Fear, wouldn’t it?

Final Thoughts
I’m a huge fan of the Lantern mechanics in general, so I’m an easy fan of this design. You’ve also provided some great uses for the batteries as well. The Daredevil amplification might need to be tested to see if it would be overpowered, though the opponent might be able to counter by spreading out his forces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn

Everything looks good to me except the Blue Power Battery. I don't think a Blue Lantern should be 7/7 when fully charged next to a GL. I think you should tweak his base stats a bit and have it like this personally:
BLUE POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 blue Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Blue Lantern's Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each blue Battery Marker on this card, and one to this Blue Lantern’s Attack number for each blue Battery Marker on this card if he is adjacent to one or more Green Lantern figures.

I think that more closely follows the theme of what a Blue Lantern does in a way that is easy to translate to our game mechanics. I would then boost his defense a fair amount because I think the iconic Blue Lantern should be able to survive more attacks out of sheer hope.

Let me know if I am overstepping my bounds as an ERB member at any point.
We got the power battery problem sorted out, so I don't see a problem there nor do I have a problem with his base stats' power level. Instill Hope could use a buff hence my above comment. If there are no objections to the change, I will do the initial in the next 24 hours.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This could buff it up a bit:

INSTILL HOPE
When a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Saint Walker takes a turn, you may add 1 to that figure's Attack Number for each Battery Marker on this card. After taking a turn with that figure, remove a Battery Marker from this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like that Quozl .
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I like that Quozl .

That should certainly be more useful.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that too.

I also think part of the problem for Instill Hope right now is that Blue Light of Hope is just too good! I think we should restrict it to healing Blue Lantern and one adjacent figure you control. If he can go in and heal everyone adjacent, that's just so powerful you'd never think of using it for anyone else, especially in a GL army where lives are at such a premium.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

INSTILL HOPE
When a friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Saint Walker takes a turn, you may add 1 to that figure's Attack Number for each Battery Marker on this card. After taking a turn with that figure, remove a Battery Marker from this card.
Friendly Darkseid, IM Hulkbuster, Red Hulk, Captain Marvel, etc. rolling 11-12 attack dice might be a little worrisome

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I personally think that a defensive power over instill hope is better based on this:
Quote:
All Blue Lanterns are armed with a blue power ring, fueled by the emotion hope. While hope is the most powerful of the seven emotions, Blue Lanterns must be near an active Green Lantern's power ring to tap into their own rings' full power. Otherwise, the rings are only capable of the default abilities of flight and a protective aura. This is because the power of hope is nothing without the willpower to enact it. The Blue Lantern's protective aura allows them to survive in space and other hostile environments and can be manipulated to a limited degree even without a Green Lantern present, using it to augment their strength and extending it to form a larger shield, but this ability is almost exclusively defensive. Blue rings must be activated by true hope before they will operate at their user's command.
While under the influence of a nearby green power ring, a blue power ring has the same abilities as a green ring, plus some unique powers of its own. Blue Lanterns can heal wounds and regenerate lost body parts. The ring's power can be supplemented with the hope of other living beings; for instance, Saint Walker and Warth were able to reduce a dying sun's age by 8.6 billion years because of the hope emanating from the inhabitants of a nearby planet. A blue ring can negatively impact the performance of rings on the opposite side of the emotional spectrum. It can neutralize the corruptive effects of red power rings, block the energy-stealing properties of orange rings (as well as nullify its side effects on the bearer of it), and drain the power of yellow power rings. Conversely, a blue ring can charge a green power ring to twice its maximum power level. This effect can also negatively impact a green ring, as close proximity to the Blue Central Power Battery will overcharge a green ring, causing it to implode (taking the user's hand with it). Blue power rings manifest their constructs mainly by reading the target's hopes, but can make constructs like the other corps.
FYI, the official names of the Corps' are as follows:
Green Lantern Corps
Blue Lantern Corps
Red Lantern Corps
Agent Orange
Sinestro Corps
Star Sapphires
Indigo Tribe

We went with Yellow Lantern as a way to differentiate the Sinestro Corps Soldiers from the others, as I recall. Larfleeze should definitely be Agent Orange, and since there are rarely other Orange Lanterns, I think it works for Lex. However, this brings up a conundrum with the Orange Constructs. Truthfully, these constructs are considered his Orange Lanterns as evidenced by Glomulus being his representative to the New Guardians.

Additionally, I had been thinking of suggesting a version of Blue Light of Hope that involved a d-20 roll for varying amounts of wounds to heal instead of the heal everyone of 1 wound.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like that too.

I also think part of the problem for Instill Hope right now is that Blue Light of Hope is just too good! I think we should restrict it to healing Blue Lantern and one adjacent figure you control. If he can go in and heal everyone adjacent, that's just so powerful you'd never think of using it for anyone else, especially in a GL army where lives are at such a premium.
I think you are right about Instill Hope being too good to pass up. The BL & one other would limit it nicely.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

INSTILL HOPE
Friendly Darkseid, IM Hulkbuster, Red Hulk, Captain Marvel, etc. rolling 11-12 attack dice might be a little worrisome
Yeah I think we should max to plus 2.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library