View Poll Results: What Format?
Standard (1 on 1) 5 23.81%
Team 14 66.67%
Master Set Draft 1 4.76%
Other (specify in post) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Iowa City Invitational- May 26th

Here are the details:

Where: Critical Hit Games; Coralville, Iowa

When: May 26, 4:00-(9:00-10:00 P.M.)

Entry Fee: $10/team for prizes

Maps and Army Info: 530 points, 24 starting spaces, neither player can have more than 300 points on his/her side, two maps will be used: Mole Hills and Arctic Divide. Arctic Divide will use only slippery ice rules. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5725

-Come with a partner ahead of time. I've considered the random partner thing, but I think things will be more fun if people play with familiar people. I know some Scapers here aren't fortunate enough to have lots of Scapers where they're from, so please post in this thread if you need a partner.

-There is UNLIMITED talking to your partner allowed during the game. This includes order marker placement, in-game decisions, etc. However, one player basically playing the game for both partners is discouraged.

-Initiative will be decided by the highest roller and going in clockwise order.

-Army totals are to not exceed 530 points, and neither half can exceed 300 points.

-Starting zone spaces will be 24, and each team will have one starting zone area.

-Only one copy of each unique is allowed per team (both partners can't have Dund).

-When one player has all of their figures off the board, that player can no longer take turns. However, the game is over when all of the opposing army is destroyed (or time runs out).

-Rounds will be an hour and fifteen minutes long. It will take longer because these are team games, so please do your best to play at a decent pace.

-Directions: From the north, south, east, and west, come in from I-80 and take exit 242. There are so many lights and traffic can be heavy at times, so this is both the easiest and fastest way. Turn onto First Avenue heading south (toward all the businesses). Keep going on that until you see Taco Bell and the Peking Buffet (right before an extremely busy intersection). On your left you will see the strip mall where Critical Hit is located. For those of you who like using Mapquest and whatnot, the address is 89 2nd St Ste 5, Coralville, IA.

If you have any questions, ask! I'll be checking this thread often to answer anything. Also, if you already know who your partner will be, post in this thread and I'll add it to this list:

Team Napalm Death (Me and Sabrina)
Team Jordizzle (Codeman and Jormi)
Team 1-2-3 You're Dead (HSDiva and Supergeek)
The Locals (SunDevil and Co.)
Team Fluoride Sting (Clarrisimus and Slade)
Arachnid Antidote (Momo and Aaron)
Team Steel Lightning (SkidLid and BrainBucket)
The Kommrades (Vladmir and Boris)
Team Shake and Bake (Sleeping Fox team)
The Friday Night Special (Sleeping Fox's buddies)
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the draft idea better, but the team thing would be fun too.
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I'd like to cast a vote for the 26th.
I'm pretty sure I could actually make this event.

While the Team thing sounds cool, I'm pretty sure that being M-Day weekend could make it difficult for some.
Easy for others too, I guess.

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:47 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Oh yeah, the 26th is better for me and Codeman too I think. We are going to a graduation on the 19th.
Old March 31st, 2007, 09:42 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Oh yeah, the 26th is better for me and Codeman too I think. We are going to a graduation on the 19th.
Graduation up here as well.

Probably in I.C. too.

Thats two or three nods for the 26th.

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
As of now May 26 works for us. HeroscapeDiva and myself as well as anyone else that wants a ride would head down to Iowa City then.

- 1 vs 1 is always good
- Teams would be a fun change of pace.
- Wow just drafting MS figures! Hey didn't you win the first Tree Town Tournament jsut using MS figures?

SP Thanks for putting this together - I look forward to it .

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Either day is good for me.
All of the options sound fun too. The only thing is if it's a ms draft, I would rather not see random extras on the tables.
Whatever you decide to do, it will be a good time.
Thanks, spider_poison!
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Since Supergeek's the man, the Master Set draft won't have random squads or heroes in them (if we choose Master Set draft).....it will only be one Master Set per table. I'm adding a poll to this post so I can better get an idea of what you all want. Please post a reply with your choice too so I know what's coming from who. Oh, and since the 26th sounds like the overwhelming favorite, let's just shoot for that.
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM

I went for other, because I like the MS draft, but I think it would be fun to have some random squads and heroes at the different tables.
Old April 1st, 2007, 08:02 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have posted that.
It's not a big deal at all, really. It's your deal. I just want to play.
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek
Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have posted that.
It's not a big deal at all, really. It's your deal. I just want to play.
Dude, it's cool . You're like one of the founding fathers of Midwest Heroscape. I really don't care what format we do, just as long as it isn't something too goofy.
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
1- I voted TEAM - just because it would be something different.

2- 1 -vs- 1 ranks right up there equal to team ( at least a close second ).

3- MS draft is also fine but would be my third choice.

Again I'm good with anything you line up - It will be a good time.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events