Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old December 21st, 2015, 02:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painting and Modification Display Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
That's a great paint job! Would make a good Marro Hivelord methinks.
Indeed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:44 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
Eldrazi Ruiner [take #1]

Well fudge... And here I was telling myself that I wasn't gonna get the expansion... And I still haven't gotten around to painting the core set lol
Old December 26th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Expansion is worth it. I've seen it as low as $11 online through Board Game Geek.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 26th, 2015, 02:18 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

That is a very superb paint job for the Eldrazi Ruiner, you said take 1, does that mean your going to paint another one afterwards? It's ok I most talented amazing artists doubt there own work, I know I do every time.

So many great paint job since I last visited this thread, I love the goblin to, it's a good paint scheme.

I've noticed all the models in AOTP:BZE, are better Quality, even the 2 pre-paints are better than the base game.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old December 27th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The figures are indeed much better

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 27th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I painted my Rhox veterans first and I can't believe how much better they look. they were by far the worst but with a solid paint job the sculpt actually looks pretty cool.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 28th, 2015, 01:26 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
My first go

Big shoutouts to @TREX for helping me get started and for inspiration. Wouldn't have been possible without his advice. All of them need some clean-up, but they're better off than before. Comments and critique always welcome.

Blazing Firecats

This was my first go and I had no idea what I was doing, but I'm actually very happy with how these guys turned out. The picture doesn't do them justice as the yellow stands out too much. To the eyes, it's much darker. I over-thinned my red paint and it barely covered the black primer. my amateur brush strokes weren't able to apply a solid coat. The black pokes through in many places and the result looks a lot like burning charcoal. Surprisingly cool and I like them a lot more finished than I did while painting.

Leyline Phantom

Basically stole these from TREX. Dark Blue undercoats with a heavy white drybrush.

Illusionary Projection

Same as the Phantom. A bit darker than I'd like, so I may go back and try to lighten them up.

WIP
Starting to work on some of the more difficult/detailed ones now.

Rhox Veterans

God these guys looked awful before. Even with just the grey , they look a million times better.

Blighted Reavers

I like the color these guys have going on. Need to do another coat or two since they look painted.

----------
If anyone is holding out on giving a paint job a go, I'd highly recommend it. Even as a complete novice painter, the squads can really come alive if you spend a few hours on them.
Old December 28th, 2015, 02:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@SpriteMichaeler , thanks for the kind words. They are coming along great. Remember to hit the normal looking more detailed ones with a wash. You can apply what I told you to just about any kind of figure you want. I'm planning on doing all my Zendikar ones once I recieve them in the mail.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:44 AM

Owen1234 Woo who?
Re: My first go

Don't know how to delete a reply so I just did this
Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:47 AM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Is anybody selling painted squads? I saw an eBay listing for an entire master set(painted VERY well) for around $250 and I don't have that money right now. So if anybody is selling single squads or whole sets for cheaper link me to the eBay/Amazon

EDIT: Here's the listing I'm referring to, http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131689738632
Old January 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen1234 View Post
Is anybody selling painted squads? I saw an eBay listing for an entire master set(painted VERY well) for around $250 and I don't have that money right now. So if anybody is selling single squads or whole sets for cheaper link me to the eBay/Amazon

EDIT: Here's the listing I'm referring to, http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131689738632
For that much money they should be painted with gold. You should just try your hand at it yourself, its not really that difficult to give a decent paint job. Granted, the figures you have a link to, are very good. With a little paint, some drybrushing techniques and a simple wash, the figures come a long way.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 07:06 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen1234 View Post

For that much money they should be painted with gold. You should just try your hand at it yourself, its not really that difficult to give a decent paint job. Granted, the figures you have a link to, are very good. With a little paint, some drybrushing techniques and a simple wash, the figures come a long way.
Agreed.

I had no painting experience and my Rhox Vets turned out awesomely and I only invested 8 bucks in paint from a dollar store (Gold, Silver, Off white, and a generic Brown, and black (mixed with off white for grey)), 8 bucks for a can of primer, 8 bucks for a can of Miniwax Polyshade, and 2 dollars on brushes. I guess the hour or so I put into them is worth something, but I enjoyed it so we will call it a wash. I still have 95% of all my supplies left.

Also who wants Cotton Balls on their figures?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender