Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Master of the Hunt

I'll bite. We Canadians only go down there because it's our only opportunity to bear (bare) our arms.

Get it?

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

How about you Canadians come down here to get our "hot women"! Get it? Hot? Lol. My old friend was Canadian. You have awesome accents.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

How about we actually talk about the Master of the Hunt, you know, what this thread is for?

Anyway, while I'm using server space to make this post, I'll just throw out a fun not-so-competitive army I've used in the past.

280/2 MotH x2
200/15 Vipers x5
20/1 Marcu
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

MotH is good. Back to bashing Americans.

1812. . .

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Atlaga View Post
MotH is good. Back to bashing Americans.

1812. . .
Led - inadvertently - to the demilitarization of the Great Lakes, and a period of détente followed by prosperity between our two great nations. The Master of the Hunt could hardly have done better without the Napoleon Wars mucking up Europe...
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:18 AM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

WHen do you send this guy into battle?

I just can't seem to use him right.
Old January 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post

You send him in when you need to.

I've had a chance to play him once so far, and he feels to me like one of those units that you put a single OM on starting round 2 or so, once you're basically set up. Continue this until you can get him to a priority target (high-life, average defense or bonding heroes), then you go up to 2 or 3 OMs until you've killed/crippled his target, then you go down to 0 or 1 OM on him until either another target presents itself, or the endgame, where he cleans up.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:

You send him in when you need to.

I've had a chance to play him once so far, and he feels to me like one of those units that you put a single OM on starting round 2 or so, once you're basically set up. Continue this until you can get him to a priority target (high-life, average defense or bonding heroes), then you go up to 2 or 3 OMs until you've killed/crippled his target, then you go down to 0 or 1 OM on him until either another target presents itself, or the endgame, where he cleans up.
I used him to take down the mighty Tor-Kul-Na in 2 tunrs.It was spectacular.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Dwarvenwarrior123 is surprisingly tart

Quote:

I use him with a meat sheild and have him attack the stronger heroes (I took out Q9 in 1 attack )

Old January 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Eh, what is this aboot? Being mean to the Canadians, eh?
(NOt to get off topic, but Canada actually is a really nice country. I went there on a school trip and everybody was really nice)

Frankly, I think MoTH is one of the better characters in this wave. With height advantage, he will kill many heros in one attack. Last game, I killed Dragonborne man in one attack with him.

Maybe MoTH is Canadian?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM

CyberClaw16 Woo who?

MotH seems like the perfect counter for an elf wizard army, he's bound to do some nasty damage with those wizards having 2 defense. Anyone try this yet?
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:50 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Frankly, I think MoTH is one of the better characters in this wave. With height advantage, he will kill many heros in one attack. Last game, I killed Dragonborne man in one attack with him.
Before I played him, I thought he looked like one of the weaker units in this wave-- an expensive, single attack, non-bonding meat shield. Now that I've used him a few times, I see he clearly has his uses.

Although his range of four is not spectacular, it does allow him to pick a good position (usually height, which makes him much more formidable) and plug away at a high life, high defense, range 1 hero with good results. The extra wounds are a pretty nice bonus.

His cost of 140 looks a bit pricey, but if he takes down something big that costs about the same or more, he's well worth it.

Like many heroes, he's not very useful against squads. He'll hold out for a while, but one attack just won't cut it against swarms. Combine him with some squads, and now you've got something.

I agree that he's probably only worth an order marker or so to set him up in a good position until you have a clear target move close enough for him to strike. Be careful not to waste too many on him and sacrifice the positioning of the rest of your army.

He's a pretty solid end of game closer too. His "extended" range of 7 doesn't work consistently enough to count on it, but it's a nice little added threat while you set him up in a good position. It also helps avoid the "run and gun" scenario at the end of a game where a long-range unit attempts to stay out of his range. At least you can threaten while he tries to corner them.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Last edited by Johnnylama; February 7th, 2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units