Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 25th, 2021, 04:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Knowledge - Testing

Based off of the discussion about new glyph types, here's how I'd recommend changing the Glyph of Knowledge, assuming these rules for the black glyphs in our box:
INVERSE GLYPHS
Inverse Glyphs have an active-side displaying their name and symbol and an inactive-side with the Inverse Glyph symbol on their back. While an Inverse Glyph's active-side is up, figures standing on that space grant the powers for that glyph as outlined below. While that Inverse Glyph's inactive-side is up, there are no special benefits for that space. When your figure lands on an active-side Inverse Glyph, it must stop. Note: A double-spaced figure must stop when its leading side moves onto an active-side Inverse Glyph.

At the beginning of each round of the game after the first one, flip every Inverse Glyph on the battlefield so that the opposite side is now up (so all active Inverse Glyphs become inactive, and all inactive ones become active). Scenarios will tell you what side to place each Inverse Glyph on to begin the game, or you can start them on either side when designing your own battlefields.
Quote:
GLYPH OF KNOWLEDGE
While a figure you control is on this space and this glyph is active, before rolling initiative, you may look at a random Order Marker on one Army Card of each opponent.
This is a straightforward translation from the current form of the glyph, which I've found to be balanced and unique from the others. It's noticeably weaker than most of the other glyphs already, though, and making it inactive half of the time is a substantial change. We could either look at increasing the strength of the glyph (maybe you can look at any three unrevealed OMs, to make it scale better to lower player-counts?), leaving it as a weaker point of interest, or redesigning it completely.

My first inclination is towards the second option (leaving it a bit weaker), that way we have a better variety of mechanical draws to pull players across the map, but it'll be a pretty noticeable difference if the other glyphs are all hitting at the same weight. What do y'all think?
Old October 18th, 2021, 09:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Here's a few alternative ideas to strengthen it (since I think it'll probably be very weak as-is but every-other round). I think I like the last one.

Quote:
GLYPH OF KNOWLEDGE
While a figure you control is on this space and this glyph is active, before rolling initiative, you may look at a random Order Marker on one Army Card of each opponent. If that Order Marker is an 'X' Order Marker, you may look at one additional Order Marker on one Army Card of that opponent.
Quote:
GLYPH OF KNOWLEDGE
While a figure you control is on this space and this glyph is active, before rolling initiative, you may look at all Order Markers on one Army Card of each opponent.
Quote:
GLYPH OF KNOWLEDGE
While a figure you control is on this space and this glyph is active, before rolling initiative, you may look at a random Order Marker on one Army Card of each opponent. If that Order Marker is an 'X' Order Marker, you may look at all Order Markers on that Army Card.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:04 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like those ideas. The second one feels the most classic/straightforward to me, though it pretty much gives you perfect OM knowledge unless the OMs are on at least 3 cards for the round.

Relying on finding the X feels a little weird, but I can get behind it as a way of avoiding giving away all of your opponent's plans unless you guess well first. Another option could be an initiative boost of some kind if you find the X, though I kind of prefer your idea of looking at more OMs instead since the glyph is entirely about knowledge.
Old October 20th, 2021, 06:46 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I was thinking of another reveal after finding the X less as "guessing well" and more as "guaranteed to see at least one numbered OM (if one exists on the card).

I don't immediately like an initiative boost because it's combining two different things, however, that did give my this idea...

Quote:
GLYPH OF KNOWLEDGE
Before rolling initiative, if a figure you control occupies this glyph, you may look at one Order Marker on one Army Card of each opponent. Add X to your initiative roll, where X is the total value of all numbered Order Markers looked at with Glyph of Knowledge.
...and to be honest I kind of like it. It's an elegant combination and it scales with player count for up to +9 (just barely eclipsing Dagmar). Adding to your roll would impart some knowledge to the other players as well; if I get +7 and looked at your 1, you know the two I chose from the other opponents were 3's. Not sure how everyone would feel about that. An alternative would be to reveal them (so you don't have to take everyone at their word on the math), which means everyone benefits no matter who has the glyph, although the player doing the reveal still gets the initiative as well.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 4th, 2022, 11:25 AM

I like all of these options in some way, but I think overall I agree with Astro that looking at all OMs on each chosen card is a nice simple way to go for this set.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs