Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 18th, 2015, 07:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quozl, Tell them about the Scape vs Arena game you played! (As mentioned on bgg). Not THAT was interesting.

Wi
Old July 18th, 2015, 09:49 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I did some scanning done today so you guys can look at an except of the rules and the cards:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z6kynzp6q...nFjSTj9xa?dl=0
Thanks quozl! I had been hoping to be able to see more of the army cards!
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:22 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I played Arena today at a local gaming event.

What I see it as is a more complicated version of HeroScape, and that's only because of the spells, they take some getting used to.

Everything else is the same (basically). We played on normal HeroScape maps and I lost both matches. I ended up playing Lilliana and Nissa and the only thing that threw me off is that the squads have life, some have a life of 3 and others have a life of 1. It's a fantastic game IMO and I hope they continue with expansions.

Here are a few images I took if anyone wants to see them in action:
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On "Prime Day" Arenas was going for $45+. Now it's back down to $29.99 but our of stock.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 19th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Everything else is the same (basically). We played on normal HeroScape maps and I lost both matches.
@Son of Arathorn said that's perfectly normal, so you must be right.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 19th, 2015, 02:27 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

I played Arena at the same game function as NS. I obliterated William099 who made a misstep and put his planeswalker on low ground and then watched as she was annihilated by 3 attacks of 4 and then I proceeded to return his squads to his reserve which was at that point basically his graveyard. (Blue is its typical annoying self )

My thoughts. Meh. It wasn't a bad game. Maybe I'll like it better with more expansions but what I had didn't excite me or get me wheels ticking like Magic or Heroscape does on their own. There's definitely strategy and it is a bit clever how the two were blended. As it is, I'm not terribly excited by it.

~Dysole, reserving the right to change opinion as time goes on
Old July 19th, 2015, 07:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ninja Status,

I see you're playing on Scape terrain--good for you. What is the red circular marker under the yellow squaddie in the second photo?
Old July 19th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

will Hasbro have tourneys at GC next year is my question? Are they set for any expansions yet?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Do I order this, or try and find it at GC is my question?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 19th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Do I order this, or try and find it at GC is my question?
It is unlikely to be sold at GenCon by WotC. Other sellers might have it, though if they do, who knows at what price. Official wide release date is August 1.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Everything else is the same (basically). We played on normal HeroScape maps and I lost both matches.
@Son of Arathorn said that's perfectly normal, so you must be right.
Oi, the kid's getting better all the time.
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:15 AM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart

I played this game yesterday @ my LFGS, 3 person game took about 40 min. The 3-d terrain is identical to Scape, but there is only 2 3 hex sand, and 2 1 hex sand.
The 6 bases are made of card board, and snap together like a jigsaw puzzle.
the edges of the card board edges do NOT match the 3-d edges, you just use them do add height to the map.
Game will retail for $29.99.
Each player gets 1 planes walker wizard, and the 2 squads that match their color.
Game play is just like Scape, with the added feature of a deck of spells to use during your turn. The combat dice are the same, except skulls are now crossed swords.
any questions? I'll try to answer.

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion