Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
The One-Common Per Army Discussion Thread.

I love using my multiple common squads, but as of recently I haven't been using much of my other units. For this reason, my group will do a few games with a "1 common rule." Because of the lack of cohesiveness, it is pretty hard to make an army that meshes together. However, I do have an idea that can work.

400 point

Nikita Agents.....120
Brunak..............110
4th Mass............70
Kozuke Samurai 100

The Nikita build the suppourtive backbone to the army. Brunak can carry one to protect himself against any ranged attacks, while the other two can remain adjacent to each of the other squads. Brunak will be my first wave of assault, and can hopefully scramble and do some damage. After he falls, I can use the 4th Mass and the Kozuke for a last stand. Again, the Nikitas can provide ranged defense, and I won't need to ever put an order marker on them. The 4th Mass can do some damage against attacking units, and the Kozuke can charge to anyone that comes into range. The only thing I have to worry about is Syvarris or DED, who outrange my 4th Mass and the Charge of my Samurai.

I think it would be fun doing a "1 common rule" battle, because it changes your approach to building an army. If anyone else wants to post an army idea they have, or point out a glaring flaw I'm probably missing, go right on ahead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion