Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Star Wars Episode 3 - What Really Happened at the End?

Brilliant, kc, well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utger man View Post
"Star Wars the Clone Wars" that show SUCKS hard!
Fixed.

Nice.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:51 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I really like that interpretation but feel it is a retcon because I lack faith in Lucas' ability to think that deeply without trying to show it in a very overt way.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I really like that interpretation but feel it is a retcon because I lack faith in Lucas' ability to think that deeply without trying to show it in a very overt way.
KC is George Lucas! Not a retcon!
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:05 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Speaking of how movies should have really ended, here's a website with tons of really funny endings that "Should have been."

http://www.howitshouldhaveended.com/

Enjoy! I especially liked the Wizard of Oz one.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Or one of his peeps would think deeply like that, and Lucas would fight it until they just did it his way.

I read the thread title and thought, you can't really say what really happened at the end of Episode 3 on a family site.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:11 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes; very nice! I agree.

Wonder if this has been taken up in any of the other media Star Wars explorations, which I don't know about--except for the animated TV series, which doesn't. I know there is a game which covers the early Vader just after the Republic falls.
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:06 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I was watching Episode 3 yesterday, and thinking to myself how much I despised part of the ending. Padme just "lost her will to live"? How lame. I always wanted to attribute it to Vader's Force Choke somehow to make it less lame, but the medical droid says she's in perfect health. Then, it hit me.

Darth Plagueis the Wise - he had the power to save others that he cared about from death. But, how did he do this? Apparently, no one alive knows but Darth Sidious. So, if I were a Sith Lord, how would I save a person from dying? Well, how about by stealing the life force of someone else? Or having someone give their life force to someone they love? Or better yet - a combination of the two.

There's Vader - lying on the "beach" at Mustafar 3/4 of the way dead. Sidious arrives and kneels over him, and the camera lingers there for a few moments. What's Sidious doing?

As I watched the scenes which parallel Padme and Vader laying on their respective slabs, with Padme dying and Vader being "reborn", it came to me. I knew what Sidious was doing now. And Padme wasn't dying as Vader was surviving - Padme was dying because Vader was surviving.

I theorize that Sidious used the dark side power taught to him by his former master to save Vader's life by taking it from someone that Vader loved - Padme.

Sidious could sense the connection between Vader and Padme - the passion - even when the Jedi couldn't. I'm going to guess that's because the Sith use passion for their power, as Anakin says earlier in the movie. I believe he used that connection to save Vader's life, and take Padme's. Remember that when Vader stands up in the suit for the first time, that Sidious knows Padme is dead. How would he know that so quickly? Sure, Yoda could sense the death of the other Jedi, but Padme isn't a force-attuned person. Sidious knows because he killed her.

At least, I like to believe this is what happened as it's way better than "she lost her will to live", and it's even foreshadowed in the movie and symbolized during those ending scenes.
Wow, kc, that's a pretty good theory!...a little too good...just how did you come by this insight, I wonder.

That's it everyone! killercactus is a Sith Lord!!! This explains the constant advocation of Runa usage! Quickly, grab your lightsabers!!!

Seriously, though, good supposition. I wish Lucas had done something to explain that ending a bit better, it just felt like a crappy way to end the best of the new trilogy.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Seriously, though, good supposition. I wish Lucas had done something to explain that ending a bit better, it just felt like a crappy way to end the best of the new trilogy.
The reason the end of that movie seemed so forced and open to great interpenetration like KC's theory is because the Bearded One was not interested in a good explanation. The only thing he was worried about was killing her off, and getting Vader in the suit. He was forced into killing her because it was canon, and he had to get him into the suit because that was his whole agenda from the beginning.

In reference to the theory, I wonder if that is how Sideous stayed alive over all these years. He might have been draining the life of those around him the whole time. It makes you wonder if he grabbed Dokuu's energy upon his death. You also have to wonder if he would have gotten either energy at the end of ROTJ. He really didn't care who, he just needed either Luke or Vader to die. That may be why apprentices are so expendable.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

That's it nate - give into your anger. I can feel the hate flowing through you.... Only together can we end the suppression of Runa and bring order to Heroscapers!!!

By the way all - it's canon that Sidious knows how to transfer his own consciousness (or life force, if you will) into another vessel. In the EU books, he is resurrected at least once by transferring his consciousness into one of his guards, and eventually into a clone body. I would think he uses his own passion for life (or fear of death) to do this. Doesn't seem too far-fetched that he can use someone elses passion to do the same for them.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That would be indeed nice if that was what really happened. To bad it wasn't. Nope, Lucas was fine with Anakin murdering children, but killing his wife, nope can't have that. I literally groaned with the whole stupid, lost the will to live, because Padme is truly so whiny and selfish that living for her children just isn't enough.

Gods, how I hated the prequels and how they suckified everything good in the OT. Really, 2 Jedi's fight everywhere, but because one is 3 feet higher than the other (and tons of other areas to jump to) now he can magically win the fight? Just sad.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:12 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
That would be indeed nice if that was what really happened. To bad it wasn't. Nope, Lucas was fine with Anakin murdering children, but killing his wife, nope can't have that. I literally groaned with the whole stupid, lost the will to live, because Padme is truly so whiny and selfish that living for her children just isn't enough.

Gods, how I hated the prequels and how they suckified everything good in the OT. Really, 2 Jedi's fight everywhere, but because one is 3 feet higher than the other (and tons of other areas to jump to) now he can magically win the fight? Just sad.
That's another reason I hated "she's lost the will to live" - 2 children that aren't going to have a father is a pretty darn good reason to live, and should provide more than enough will. Padme didn't seem selfish or whiny to me leading up to that, so I looked for another explanation.

I could offer explanations on the other stuff, but I can see they'd be a waste of breath. One of my best friends is determined to hate them too - everything that came after Greedo shot first.

(in fairness - Obi was rolling an extra attack and defense die)

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; February 26th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

That's another reason I hated "she's lost the will to live" - 2 children that aren't going to have a father is a pretty darn good reason to live, and should provide more than enough will. Padme didn't seem selfish or whiny to me leading up to that, so I looked for another explanation.

I could offer explanations on the other stuff, but I can see they'd be a waste of breath. One of my best friends is determined to hate them too - everything that came after Greedo shooting first.

I could offer up explanations for the whole high ground thing (in fairness - Obi was rolling an extra attack and defense die)
Oh, I don't deny that high ground is an advantage, it was the entire thing like he just had to surrender suddenly because he was 3 foot higher. The way it was presented was stupid.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies