Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Gomolka's Map Thread - Crazy Awesome 2v2 Map - 12/9/08

Here is my first VirtualScape creation. It is very simple and only requires 1 RotV and 1 RttFF. Being my first map, I just wanted it to be fairly simple and only require a master set and a single terrain set so that it would be available for a wider population to use and build.

I play tested this out with my friends multiple times and it plays out great! There is always a battle to claim the high ground in the middle, and we found out that it actually works quite well with melee characters if you use them correctly.

Criticism is gladly accepted, and tell me anything you think I should do to make it better. Improvement is my top priority.

Here are a few pictures of my map as well as a PDF file. Hope you enjoy it!

Fight for the High Ground!

Requires: 1 Rotv, 1 RttFF

Fight for the High Ground PDF File

Here is my second VirtualScape creation: Where the Roads Meet.

I haven't actually playtested this exact map, but I have played maps very similar to it and have liked how they played out.

It is somewhat decent for melee figures because they can travel along the road while having some coverage from the trees. You can also travel underneath the mini-bridge with small figures, and you have an alternate path to the enemy side if you do not wish to cross the bridge.

Here are a few pictures as well as a PDF File:

Where the Roads Meet

Requires: 1 Rotv, 2 RttFF

Where The Roads Meet PDF File

Again, I gladly accept constructive criticism. I am always looking to improve any maps I make and hopefully make one well enough to be considered for BoV.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

~Gomolka

*Edit* Water tiles have been fixed to single stacked, rather than double stacked.

Last edited by Gomolka; December 9th, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
It looks good!

But, I think you used double stacked tiles by accident.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
pretty good, I love the simplicity of it!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Welcome to the cartographers! Nice first map.
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
It looks good!

I've been fiddling around with VS for the 1st time too lately and was making this mistake as well. Click water tile 1 not 2 and you won't get the double stack... unless of course that was on purpose.

-insert signature here-
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not sure those bridge walls will fit there on Where the Roads Meet. Your best bet is to at LEAST build them with your terrain to make sure all the pieces fit. I admit I've skipped actually building them myself from time to time, but be sure you know what can go where.
Old March 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle
I'm not sure those bridge walls will fit there on Where the Roads Meet. Your best bet is to at LEAST build them with your terrain to make sure all the pieces fit. I admit I've skipped actually building them myself from time to time, but be sure you know what can go where.
Thanks. I fixed this. Also, sorry about uploading my maps so many times in the downloads section. I am sort of new to this, and I need to learn to make things how I want them in the end before I upload them and then decide to change.
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
It looks good!

I've been fiddling around with VS for the 1st time too lately and was making this mistake as well. Click water tile 1 not 2 and you won't get the double stack... unless of course that was on purpose.
Thanks! That was the mistake I made on Fight for the High Ground, but I know now to fix it.
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Somewhat bumping, but at the same time wanted to mention that I fixed the water spaces in Fight for the High Ground, and fixed it so that it doesn't come up as requiring 2 RotV because I used the wrong hex at the wrong place.
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka
Somewhat bumping, but at the same time wanted to mention that I fixed the water spaces in Fight for the High Ground, and fixed it so that it doesn't come up as requiring 2 RotV because I used the wrong hex at the wrong place.
Good job.
Don't worry too much about it, I've made the same mistake before too.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:16 PM

My third VS Creation

Conflict in the Woods

This map requires 1 RotV and 2 RttFF.
It is completely symmetrical (besides the ruins, of course), and provides decent coverage for figures traveling along the road.

Glyphs are on both sides. I made them off to the sides so that they wouldn't be in range of eachother. I decided not to choose specific glyphs, and let whoever builds it decide.

Tell me what you think about it, and how I can improve it in any way.

Conflict in the Woods PDF

Last edited by Gomolka; December 9th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM

Very nice!
I like that a lot.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios