Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Minecraft

Yeah, the new update stated that the deeper you dig, the brighter it needs to be to stave off the baddies.

--

How's this for funny?

Spider Riding Skeleton!

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Whoo! Minecraft! I bought the game a month or so ago. But I have to force myself to only play on Saturday or I'd never get anything done in RL or in my HS projects... Unfortunately... that means Saturday usually lasts until about 5am Sunday
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Yeah, the new update stated that the deeper you dig, the brighter it needs to be to stave off the baddies.

--

How's this for funny?

Spider Riding Skeleton!

I wonder if thats intentional becuase I saw it a few times in my games too.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:12 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I read someone it's like a 1/1000 chance a spider will spawn with a skeleton riding it. I've never seen it though.
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

According to this page, it's a 1 in 100 chance.

But, I am also among the thoroughly addicted. And completely confused by redstone wiring

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post

But, I am also among the thoroughly addicted. And completely confused by redstone wiring
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

Ive sort of taken a break from Minecraft since Black Ops came out.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits
Well, I mean, I understand how they work, it's just, I'm completely dumbfounded when I try to use them, i.e. making a door.

Old November 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I saw the Skeleton riding Spider a 2nd time, so I guess it wasn't special.

I made a 'prototype' monster catcher (really just copied someone else), and now I'm in the middle of a massive undertaking. I've started to dig out a 50 x 50 x 'to the bottom' area that I am going to turn into a mega-monster catcher. Been taking screen shots as I go... will post at some point.

-insert signature here-
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

That sounds exciting nyys. Can't wait to see your monster catcher. Maybe I'll copy it for my game.

I'm trying to build an underwater glass house lit by jack-o-lanterns. It is more of a challenge than I thought it would be.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I used a simple formula for a monster catcher, a 2 cubes deep pit at least 2 cubes wide, preferably 3 cubes wide (Sometimes spiders don't fall in the 2 cubes wide version). I usually make a small trench around my early dwellings before I really get into building an "X system" as it were. I tried putting cactus in the pit too. I kills the monsters well enough but then it makes trying to recover the goods a bit risky. At least its not like Lava where you have 0 chance of recovering anything. Also, at night the farm animals seem to be attracted to the torches lining the simple pits and tend to fall in for easy harvesting.
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Shade Tree

I did make a massive 28x28 hole in the ground, which I am using as my massive base. I think it's about 25 levels high, and 10 levels of that are underground.

It's mostly empty space, though, aside from the pool and my necessities (workbench, furnace, and storage).

I'm mainly only looking for diamonds now, because that's the only thing I really need. Though more iron is always nice.

Old November 14th, 2010, 09:05 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I've been on a hiatus as well with Black Ops out. And SS, I get confused with redstone too, which makes something like this even more impressive to me.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games