Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old May 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
That is pretty sweet! I will have to play around a bit more with it, but it looks like a fun little tool that I might actually use.

Good find.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I didn't exactly find it. The creator posted it on the HQ. Its was there the whole time. But since most people only pay attention to the homepage over there, it got ignored. And now I think the thread is dead or missing and I can't find the username of the guy who created it.
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
That is pretty sweet! I will have to play around a bit more with it, but it looks like a fun little tool that I might actually use.

Bannister
I agree, this is something my boys and I will try next time we play. I like the variety of having to make the best with what you're dealt.

We had to make a house rule that units used in the last game can not be used in the current game...otherwise the same units would always be in use.

I think so nobody feels "stuck" we will generate 5 player's worth of teams and then each draft a team...so that there is a little bit of choice involved.

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This is a very sweet program. I've use this before to try out maps. It's funny to use a unit for the first time and realize "This is a good unit!" Random generation forces you to use stuff you wouldn't normally.

Here is a 450 point run using the normal number of expansion available for our games. SoU will get a kick out this since 450 point was the point value for our games from last Saturday.

I think the Synergy checkbox is just awesome.

Newb.
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighamrules
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i dont like it. i can only do 1000 points.
how many pts do you use

generally 1500+
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just tried one, and I think it did pretty well:

NeGokSa
SuBakNa
Marrden Hounds
Marro Drones

vs

AE
Marcus
Drake
4th Mass

Those actually look like a couple decent armies. No bonding (which is my favorite thing) but decent armies nonetheless.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:23 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Taking the sad army cards down to 0 is a great idea - thanks, Kharma! Although now I do feel a little stupid for not thinking of it myself...
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I remember this. I played around with this back on the HQ. It's pretty nice.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 17th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Billy Baroo has disabled reputation
Hi all, I'm the guy who created the drafter. Good to see that some folks are getting some use out of the drafter. If you've got questions or want to see any improvements, post 'em here and I'll see what I can do.

I created the drafter after using another random drafter on the web. That drafter (the one at kelto) was solid, but I wanted a few more functions like drafting for synergy bonuses (warlord bonding and other specific bonuses). After the drafter at kelto's site went down, I posted mine to the forum for others to use.

The drafter is indeed random, especially if you don't choose synergy bonuses. So some outputs can produce less desirable teams, while other outputs can produce a good balance. If you choose a limited numbers of figures and choose synergy bonuses, you could very well end up seeing identical (or near identical) teams in consecutives drafts.

I've got a few small updates in mind but just like my my heroscape gaming (last played in October), it keeps getting pushed back for something else:

- Add cookie so drafter remembers your preferences
- Update output page design
- Finish character bio popups to show bonuses from other units
Old May 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
GLAD TO SEE YOU MADE IT BILLY!!!!

Nice avatar, BTW

Sorry I didn't give you props when I made this thread, the thread over at the HQ was dead....so I couldn't remember your name.

I use this thing all the time.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
we've used this drafter too. It's great to use when you have large groups 6 + . Saves a ton of time for drafting. Instead of taking a good 30 min drafting, takes about 4 min. Excellent tool. And nice to be forced to play units you wouldn't normally play.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:09 PM

E.G.Snakeman has disabled reputation
I really dig the idea of letting it come up with 6 teams for four players to choose one of the six "pre-made" armies...
I'm excited to try it out... thanks for sharing! and thanks billy b. for coming up with this and sharing it!

If it's not a Doberman, It's just a dog!
But grass dogs are cool too...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software