Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old March 10th, 2019, 04:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: NEW CONTEST - Triple Play Frenzy

Looks Great JS. I'll have to say I like this one, but the star one is super cool and would be my pick of the two. Well done.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks Great JS. I'll have to say I like this one, but the star one is super cool and would be my pick of the two. Well done.
Thanks Trex!
Old March 14th, 2019, 02:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So I guess I misread the rules, because I just made a map with 3 BftU intending to submit it...
Old March 14th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
So I guess I misread the rules, because I just made a map with 3 BftU intending to submit it...
yeah you can use up to 2 BftU sets but not 3

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Alright, here are my two submissions for this contest. With the 3 player game format being more casual in nature, and not tied to the competitive tournament scene, I wanted to experiment a bit so they are certainly unique. Not too concerned if they win or not (I already have some of TREX fantastic dice bowls), just wanted to try and give people looking for 3 player maps some options. Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Spoiler Alert!

Lost City of Z

Utgar had given Grimnak an important task, and he was determined to please his new master. He had taken his forces deep into the jungle in search of the Lost City of Z. Legend held that the ancient city contained secret vaults, which held many items of great power. Items that could help Utgar complete his conquest of Valhalla. Two weeks into the search, Grimnak received word from Utgar that each of the other Generals had also dispatched forces in search of the Lost City of Z, turning his secret quest into an open race. Today Grimnak believed that race may have come to an end, for they had located the ruins of a city deep within the jungle. It must be the prize they had come in search of, if only this unnaturally thick fog hadn’t made it nearly impossible to see anything more than a few feet in front of his face. They had first stumbled upon the edge of the ruins almost an hour ago, but Grimnak would not lead his troops into a trap, whether it be one of the Lost Cities ancient untriggered defenses or another generals ambush. So he had sent out a couple of small groups to investigate and report back before taking the bulk of his forces any further. He had still not heard back from those Blade Gruts he sent into the city proper, the simple minded fools were most likely completely lost in the fog by now, if not dead. The Arrow Gruts he had ordered to investigate a tower nearby had reported back that the fog was equally thick above the city, and they were unable to see anything of note. An occasional echo of sound would reach them through the fog though, Grimnak just wasn’t sure if it was his own scouts who were making the noise, some wild creatures that called these ruins home, or a competing search party. What to do now?

Suddenly Grimnak felt the mole hairs on his back move in response to a soft breeze that was not there before. The wind steadily picked up in intensity, the city itself seems to be moaning now as the wind whips about the ruins. The fog was swirling before Grimnak’s eyes, much like the fog itself this wind felt quite unnatural to Grimnak. Whether mystical energies were at play here or not would have to be investigated at a later time though, for the Arrow Gruts were squeaking excitedly. The fog had lifted, and it turns out they were not alone……..

Build Requirements: 2 Marvel, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ, 1 Castle
Glyph Recommendation: Dragmar (+8 Initiative)
Build Directions

Spoiler Alert!

Ice Pit of Kaazune

Sgt. Drake had been searching the dungeon complex under Mt. Kaazune for several hours, and was just about to call it a day, when scouts returned with reports of a significant temperature drop in one of the northern tunnels. It was well known that decades ago a great Ice Dragon hunted this mountain range, and there was no natural reason for the temperature to go down this far beneath the surface. Had they just found the Great Wyrms’ lair? This news required a direct investigation, so Sgt. Drake set off with his troops in tow. When he arrived at the end of the cold tunnel, he found the chamber beyond opened up into a great pit of ice and stone. Treasure could be seen glinting in the darkness below, reflecting back light from the torches. Now who will venture down into the depths to retrieve it, and who will deal with the other interested parties, who were just now appearing at two other tunnel entrances?

Build Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 TT
Glyph Recommendation: Place 5 Random Treasure Glyphs on the spaces indicated by the 5 Brandar Glyphs
Build Directions
Old March 15th, 2019, 03:26 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the looks of those Yodaking. Ice Pit of Kazazune especially looks nice. Unfortunately, I can't see a reason for any ranged armies to ever leave their start zone, since the 24 hex you start on, is at the highest level on the map. It looks really cool though, and I'm happy to see it.
Old March 15th, 2019, 07:41 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the submissions @Yodaking !

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 15th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Love Lost City of Z...very cool design with all the decisions to be made. Love it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 15th, 2019, 12:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like the looks of those Yodaking. Ice Pit of Kazazune especially looks nice. Unfortunately, I can't see a reason for any ranged armies to ever leave their start zone, since the 24 hex you start on, is at the highest level on the map. It looks really cool though, and I'm happy to see it.

Well my thinking is that in a non-tournament setting people won't be as concerned about losing or playing for time to win on points, so eventually someone has to make a move. If you plant a ranged figure on the very edge of your start zone, you can only attack one space in your opponents start zone with a range 8 attack, 3 spaces with a range 9 attack, and that is just with 1 figure. So at the very least you will try to move some of your range 5-7 guys out onto the 3 hex spaces of the same height. The 3 hex spot of equal ground also provides a nice way point for flying melee units. They can hop over to the next start zone in just two moves while never giving up high ground. Fittingly, Dragons and Wrymlings are going to like the Dragon's lair the most with their flying and ranged attacks. The shadow tiles and treasure glyphs should be appealing enough for some heroes to venture down into the pit and hide behind the rocks, but you are right that squads don't have much incentive to go there. I imagine most squads will stick to the edge of the bowl.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 06:57 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the Lost City of Z’s look! The varying start zone positions will be lots of fun and will surely ensue in some bloody battles
Old March 22nd, 2019, 09:14 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think I'm ready for my submissions! After some rigorous playtesting and several beers I present to you:
Ringstrasse
Spoiler Alert!

AND

Triptych
Spoiler Alert!

Triptych is meant to be played with Heavy snow and Regular ice.
Thanks everyone for letting me poke around on this forum for so long without doing anything. Best. Forum. EVER! (not pandering to the judges)..

Last edited by Ulysses; March 22nd, 2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 09:35 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I think I'm ready for my submissions! After some rigorous playtesting and several beers I present to you:
Ringstrasse
Spoiler Alert!

AND

Triptych
Spoiler Alert!

Triptych is meant to be played with Heavy snow and Regular ice.
Thanks everyone for letting me poke around on this forum for so long without doing anything. Best. Forum. EVER! (not pandering to the judges)..
Lol. Thanks so much for changing from poking around to jumping in on the action! It's always awesome to see new faces join in. And thanks for your submissions - they look great!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla