Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 6th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Multiplayer General Wars Madness 3/12 in Savage, Maryland!

SAVAGE MULTIPLAYER MADNESS!!!

The format:
310 points; 14 hexes, General Wars!!!

My House Rules apply: yes to C3V/SoV, no to supers and no to C3G. All SoV & C3V units released as of this post (1/22/16) will be eligible by 3/12. First tiebreaker is partial card scoring.

Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

When: 3/12/16, show up 12:30, roll dice 1:00, stop rolling 5:45, leave 6. Or stay at 6 and play around with their open board games; Saturdays at 6 is open board gaming.

Where: The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland. Great game shop, great tournament space, great little mall.

What: Heroscape, of course! Multiplayer Madness style.

How Much: $5. All of it will go to prize store credit, as usual.

Why: Because it's always good, and multiplayer in this format is the best.

For those not familiar with this format, it is my very favorite. It is both fun and tactically demanding. By the time you leave you will likely have gotten to play with most of the players in attendance. And these games are so wild there does not seem to me to be the tension I see at a traditional tourney *but* a carefully selected and carefully played army will still reward you with a good finish. General Wars means your entire army must come from the same general!

Anyway.

Time to start signing up, and suggesting multiplayer maps, if you are so inclined.

Maps (No glyphs):
(edit 5/26/16: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=45561)
Spoiler Alert!

1. CatScaper!!!
  2. DS
  3. KidScaper
  4. Gurei-Ornery
  5. Legos of Bleakewoode
  6. Akden
  7. Southwind
  8. Jackson
  9. Kldonnelly
  10. Ethan
  11. Hivelord#4
  12. Jackson's friend
  13. Stephen Universe
  14. hose
  15. hosey
  16. Robin
Maybe:
hosj
drewcula

Maps:

I'm sure there are other good maps out there, please suggest some. This is more or less the same set we've been using for this event. Thanks!

[5/26/16 ~ Check this thread in the future: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d.php?t=45561]

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 26th, 2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old January 14th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Save the Savage Date! 3/5 in or near Savage, Maryland!

I'm contemplating a switch to 3/12. I haven't confirmed it with the shop, but if they say ok then it's a go. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

= =
Old January 14th, 2016, 11:05 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

It must be 3/5!
Old January 14th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You can't do 3/12? If not, either way, someone (or someones) will not be happy.

= =
Old January 15th, 2016, 12:34 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Likely no unless I move a bunch of stuff around. Whatever works for the greater good!
Old January 15th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. Sorry, Big Boa, and I hope you can still join us, but it looks like the "greater good" needle is pointing at March 12, and it works for the shop. So that's what we're going to do.

I really hope you can get the stuff moved around to come anyway.

= =
Old January 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Re: New Date! 3/12 in Savage, Maryland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
@akden , @Gurei-Ornery (already took the liberty), @kldonnelly , @Crichton (come on, buddy!), @Big Boa , @pieface! , @Sagrilarus , @Taeblewalker , @Scooter , @Johngee , @Sherman Davies , @Grishnakh (carpool with Sherman), and @chas and @kolakoski , @OverEngineered , @Tiepilot1138 , @drewcula , @G1shark , @Robber , @Lamaclown , @Nobody , and @davidtheterp .
Tagging all these people all over again to make sure they see that our tournament will now be *March 12* at The Family Game Store in Savage. Details to follow.

= =
Old January 20th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I will now commence updating the OP with attendees. Post if you're attending! Or let me know some other way!

Edit: oops! Didn't tag @hose . Done!

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 21st, 2016 at 12:51 AM.
Old January 21st, 2016, 09:59 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

10th Regiment and I will be there, and we can bring a few maps. Time to dust off the Heroscape stuff!

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you already had us down as attendees.

Last edited by akden; January 21st, 2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Oops.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 03:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It's better to see traffic in the thread. I shouldn't have put you in, just so you could post. I'll put up a format later today, I think.

It'll be the multiplayer madness format, but if anyone has suggestions on points, spaces, or other restrictions, let me know.

= =
Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, the OP is updated with a format. Note that we are General Wars this time! That means your entire army must be from a single general!

= =
Old January 22nd, 2016, 08:07 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker
Re: Multiplayer General Wars Madness 3/12 in Savage, Marylan

Hosey and I are a maybe. I have the date saved. It pretty much depends on my work schedule, which I never know until a couple days before.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events