Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Michigan 11 52.38%
Ohio State 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
College football

If you any of you pay attention to college football then you will be watching this game as it is going to be the game of the Century. Say why you think the team will win too, not just "I choose blank"

Old November 13th, 2006, 10:33 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
As a Gator fan, I'm hoping it's Ohio State.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old November 14th, 2006, 02:14 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
I picked Ohio State just because they beat UT earlier this year. I think that Michigan has the better all around team, but I dont think that UM's defense can stay full power late in the game and will allow OSU to come back from a half time deficit and lose the game in the final minutes.

Could, however, go exactly the opposite. The Big Ten is about as strong as the Big 12 this year, and neither team has really been tested by a solid conference team. They have had close games...but they were not full strength. Now both teams are health, I think, and ready to go at it. It will be epic, but I dont think it will compare to last years games that Texas played against Ohio State and USC. Those were 'Games of the Century'.

Dman
Old November 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Picked Michigan for the simple reason that Ohio State has been the de facto champion since they beat Texas and overconfidence doesn't play well in this series. May be a misperception, but it always seems as though the team with the most to lose in this game loses it. Hard to determine with both being unbeaten, but I think consensus is that OSU is the lock...so I'm going with Michigan. They both destroyed "my" team, the Hawkeyes, but so has pretty much everyone else

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old November 14th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Ohio State all the way. Go Buckeyes.

Old November 14th, 2006, 09:05 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
I picked Ohio because I don't like them at all and that usually means that they'll win.

@EyeOfSauron
Why does being a Gator fan mean I should be rooting for OSU?
Old November 14th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Big Blue wins this one.
Old November 14th, 2006, 02:48 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
I think that Ohio state will win but, I would rather see Michigan win.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar

@EyeOfSauron
I'm not EyeOfSauron, so pardon the interruption, but if Florida can run the table (big if after that performance against South Carolina, but it was a win against Spurrier), feeling is that a one loss Florida team could make it over a one loss Michigan team (especially since many will sour on a "rematch" for the fake national title (or will they?)), but maybe not so over a one loss OSU team...all speculation until the season plays out at this point.

I was hoping for an undefeated Louisville (have liked their teams for the past half decade or so), but now have shifted my cheering over to Rutgers...anything that will lead to a playoff. I'm still waiting for there to be 3 or 4 undefeated teams from the power conferences...

And you can see her

Old November 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar

@EyeOfSauron
I'm not EyeOfSauron, so pardon the interruption, but if Florida can run the table (big if after that performance against South Carolina, but it was a win against Spurrier), feeling is that a one loss Florida team could make it over a one loss Michigan team (especially since many will sour on a "rematch" for the fake national title (or will they?)), but maybe not so over a one loss OSU team...all speculation until the season plays out at this point.

I was hoping for an undefeated Louisville (have liked their teams for the past half decade or so), but now have shifted my cheering over to Rutgers...anything that will lead to a playoff. I'm still waiting for there to be 3 or 4 undefeated teams from the power conferences...
I know. Stupid BCS System. Has it ever worked right?

Old November 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
I know. Stupid BCS System. Has it ever worked right?
No. No, it has not.

And you can see her

Old November 15th, 2006, 07:35 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
Michigan is going to come out with this one, they did have the harder scendule over the year, I mean, think about it. Texas is not a very good team, they just lost again last week. Michigan beat Norte Dame which has so far only lost to them. Which was the harder team? Its going to be the game of the Century though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General