Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
"I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 500 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs. Also, Aldin reminded me that there are a few well known "rock-paper-scissors" counter-army builds, but ideally they won't be rehashed too many times here (it wouldn't be much fun to read the same 3 armies over and over and over as they infinitely counter one another. )

I'll start this off with a little slow-pitch:

Stingers x3 180
Dividers x2 280
Nagrubs x2 340
Su-Bak-Na 500
23 hexes

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; July 17th, 2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 500 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs.

I'll start this off with a little slow-pitch:

Stingers x3 180
Dividers x2 280
Nagrubs x2 340
Su-Bak-Na 500
23 hexes
marcus
3x legos
mbs
ngs
ae
500/16(20)

The ae don't start on the battlefield so every round everyone gets to move forward while your army will most likely be advancing in waves due to the amount of figures. Thanks to the romans my army will be attacking with a maximum of five figures each turn (prior to the ae) against your maximum of four figures per turn (three of which are nagrubs). Once the ae drop they can remove more than one squad per turn (due to you using three figure squads), ngs holds off sbn, mbs shoots and sbn while he is engaged to ngs and if he disengages with ngs to attack mbs he risks a 50% chance of losing a fifth of his health. The romans and marcus deal with the squads prior to the ae entering the game and if you swarm ngs the ae can grenade him. This army beats yours imho.

I love it when a plan comes together!
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure it's worth much, but I think the originally listed Stinger army has a decent shot at taking out that Roman army. NGS? Why bother?

But to take down:
Marcus
3x Legos
MBS
NGS
AE
500/16

I'd go with:
4xWoA 200
4xAA 280
480/24

All the AA need to do is take out MBS and the AE and this thing is all over.

~Aldin, who supposes you could add KG and drop a WoA but thinks this is a bit stronger

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I'd go with:
4xWoA 200
4xAA 280
480/24
Q9
Krav
Raelin
Zeta
2x Reavers

Reaver engage Aubriens while the Krav shoot them, Raelin supports Q9 as he shoots WoA.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
I'd go with:
4xWoA 200
4xAA 280
480/24
Vydar Ranged.

Krav-100
Q9-180
Raelin-80
Laglor-110
Marcu-20
Isamu-10

EDIT: Shoulda hit preview post. Same general idea though.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You guys are funny. I presume part of the challenge is to avoid dropping into Paper/Rock/Scissors Tier 1 armies.

~Aldin, making up rules as he goes since 1981

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
You guys are funny. I presume part of the challenge is to avoid dropping into Paper/Rock/Scissors Tier 1 armies.

Hmm. If that's the case, then I'd go with

Nilfheim-185
Q10-150
Sgt. Drake-170

Drake takes out Archers and Q10 and Nilfy take out whatever.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

For Squad killing fun
Braxas 210
Q9 180
KMA 100

Q9 Steps forward and starts taking out everything in range. If he goes down a healthy braxas should make short work of what is left. The KMA are there for clean up and to prevent turtling.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:

Thanks for pointing that out Aldin. I'll add it to the OP.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Nilfheim-185
Q10-150
Sgt. Drake-170
Love it

...need some heavy hitters...

Jotun 225
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Kelda 80

Looks like fun.

~Aldin, needing a map that won't let anybody play keepaway from Jotun

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Jotun 225
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Kelda 80

Looks like fun.

Nilfheim (185)
Q10 (150)
Gladitrons x2 (160)

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.

Last edited by Worseley; July 17th, 2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
...need some heavy hitters...

Jotun 225
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Kelda 80

Looks like fun.

Metal Swarm
Gladiatrons x3
Blastatrons x3
Raelin (1.0)

Drop a blast for Raelin.

Use Raelin as bait for Cyprien, trap with the Glads. Jotun just needs to be swarmed in one round, his 4 defense won't hold 4 attacks of 5+.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion