Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 30th, 2019, 06:40 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Alternate Sculpts

The proxy I've been using for the Skull Demon since I don't think I could afford what a Ram box would cost even if I found one on eBay (although I was lucky enough to pick up the Confrontation starter set for really cheap, but I doubt I will get that lucky again) is another Reaper figure, the Whispering Tyrant ID 89031. He's not perfect but with how hard those minis are to find figured people might be interested in that, and I've found that one a solid option so far - looking forward to painting it.

Cheers!
Old September 30th, 2019, 06:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That's a good one, SharkRider!
Old September 30th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Love it. How big is that mini, Shark?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 1st, 2019, 01:29 AM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Easily single based, a bit taller than the average Reaper figure, so probably roughly the height of a Sentinel or Minion without wings I'd guess, but a bit thinner than those. From the pictures I've seen of the real Skull Demon minis it's probably not quite as imposing but it's pretty close. I unfortunately don't have the mini here to do an exact size comparison, but it's taller than the proxy mini I used for Nicholas Eisenwien which is pretty much exactly Cyprien's height, if that helps.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:16 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That sounds good for a Skull Demon.

I have a couple of pages worth of stuff to sort through for the OP now. I'll get to it.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 08:51 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The good news is, I finally have time to update the OP. I'm about to work on it now.

The bad news is, I've had a fair amount of wine already. So I can't vouch for the thoroughness of my work.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 08:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Step 1: Done. Next, insert links to C3V threads. If I missed something, let me know.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:17 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Done! Phew.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Many thanks to all who have made suggestions so far. If I've left one out for some reason that isn't clear, please let me know.

Please keep the suggestions coming! I will happily keep filling the OP until everything is covered 5 times over. I want our units out there.

Also, please feel free to keep suggesting classic 'Scape minis that would work for C3V/SoV units. Those are excellent suggestions for this community, for sure.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:26 PM

An easy classic one that came up in a discussion with my gaming group was using the Ogre Pulverizer as a Pel the Hill Giant proxy. They're fairly similar in stature and pose, and given that the Blood of Gruumsh box was one of the ones that seems to really need the proxies, figured that might be worth throwing into the ring.

Also, after some more miniatures shopping, I have a few more updates to my spreadsheet, Dad_Scaper, if you'd still like me to send them over. Found proxies for the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep and the Sentinels of Grax in the Reaper catalog, and it looks like there will be a number more when the new sculpts from the current kickstarter are more readily available.

Cheers!
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You could send over your spreadsheet again, Shark. I apologize for not having incorporated it into the OP yet.

"Easy classic" alternate sculpts are exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

edit:

********* Updated through here. *********

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs