Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 10th, 2018, 09:30 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

With the return of Josh Gordon, I think it's possible that you are right, but for most of the last two years I'd say I disagree with your statement. Besides Gordon and the injured Joe Thomas, what other player on Cleveland's team is even a possible HoFer? I came up with zero. Even more strange and more glaring is their lack of talent at "skill positions." I'd say keeping Hue says, "We believe the problem is something other than coaching." I know people say it all the time, but you can't make chicken salad from chicken s#it, no matter how good a chef you are.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's interesting how fans are.

I see bloggers and social media fans of the Bengals and the Ravens complaining about their teams' failure to do better with off season coaching moves and no "housecleaning," but both franchises have been fairly successful for the last few years. "But no playoff wins," the Bengals' fans complain, when Marvin Lewis gets an extension. "But it's been a few years," the Ravens' fans complain.

Meanwhile, I recently heard a Browns print journalist say that for all the Ravens fans complaining about Joe, they'd love to have him in Cleveland. Capable, durable, low-drama. They'd build a statue of him! But he was wrong, of course. They'd complain, just like pretty much all fans complain.* Whatever it is that the team is, you get to complain that it isn't the next level higher.

I get it, from Browns & Lions fans. God love 'em, unless they're defending the play of Ndomukong Suh. Which they don't have to do anymore.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 10th, 2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: * Except for Patriots fans. They gloat, and they're FTMP the worst. My brother excepted.
Old January 10th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I understand the argument for not drafting QB after QB, but if you really think about it, how long has it been since the Super Bowl was won by a team without a premier QB? 2003? The game has changed in 15 years and passing is more important than it's ever been.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old January 10th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Only non HOF QB to win one in the last ten years is Flacco, who was at least a fairly high draft pick.

For Spidey, what HOF talent was on the Detroit team other than Megatron with nobody to throw to him? Cleveland arguably has better running backs and better defensive players (especially on the defensive line) than were on that Detroit team.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Russell Wilson? And Manning got his with Denver, but it sure wasn’t in a HoF-worthy season.

Regardless, even if you do need a superior QB to win the Super Bowl, if there’s a surefire 10-year starter at LT, and a 50/50 shot at a competent QB, if all other things are equal you take the tackle.

= =
Old January 10th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wilson is the 2nd-highest-paid player in the entire league. Maybe not be a HOFer (at least yet), but that certainly qualifies as "premier" in my book. Like IAmBatman said, Flacco is really the only questionable one, but I think you'd support him being included in the high echelon

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old January 10th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Wilson was not one of the highest paid players in the league when he won the Super Bowl, and like I said, Peyton was not playing like a HoFer the year he won it with the Broncos. It can be done, and you should *never* draft a Johnny Manziel in the first. You want to take a flyer on a guy with red flags, or whose skill set may not transfer, wait until later rounds. Let the Browns take the Johnny Manziels, leaving others for Team Josiah.

= =
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Only non HOF QB to win one in the last ten years is Flacco, who was at least a fairly high draft pick.

For Spidey, what HOF talent was on the Detroit team other than Megatron with nobody to throw to him? Cleveland arguably has better running backs and better defensive players (especially on the defensive line) than were on that Detroit team.
I was exactly referring to Megatron. The fact he was so good with crap QBs is why I do consider him a HoFer. But frankly Cleveland has no one comparable.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Something I missed in live play that's, in retrospect, pretty remarkable:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/myle...afc-super-bowl
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:04 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

All too familiar story. So so tired of them.

= =
Old January 21st, 2018, 10:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

And the lack of holding and the questionable DPI calls... I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I definitely hate the Patriots.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:41 AM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
And the lack of holding and the questionable DPI calls... I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I definitely hate the Patriots.
I've never hated a team more.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV