Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

Thanks guys for the tips. I think I'll go ahead and get the Falcon first then keep an eye out for a sale on the Decimator.

I would love to add in the scum faction since I'm not a big fan of the empire, but then I would be starting from square one. I wish that they would include ships from all three factions in their starter sets.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Thanks guys for the tips. I think I'll go ahead and get the Falcon first then keep an eye out for a sale on the Decimator.

I would love to add in the scum faction since I'm not a big fan of the empire, but then I would be starting from square one. I wish that they would include ships from all three factions in their starter sets.
Well, Scum wasn't even a concept from the get-go, else the Firespray certainly would have been Scum.
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:21 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

If you're interested in the Scum faction the Firespray would make a lot of sense. I find it a lot of fun to fly with the rear arc options and interesting pilots, but it can be flown in both imperial and scum lists. Once you pick up the Most Wanted expansion you'll have some decent scum options with the firespray to add to the y-wing and z-95's in Most Wanted.
Old June 26th, 2016, 01:43 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
If you're interested in the Scum faction the Firespray would make a lot of sense. I find it a lot of fun to fly with the rear arc options and interesting pilots, but it can be flown in both imperial and scum lists. Once you pick up the Most Wanted expansion you'll have some decent scum options with the firespray to add to the y-wing and z-95's in Most Wanted.
That is not something I had even considered. I forget that some ships are shared between some factions. As you say, that would be a way to get a big ship for my immediate Empire needs, and also a start for the Scum. I have to really consider now what faction that I want go with. As much as I want to get everything for all factions I just can't afford it. Thanks rudyvalentine.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 26th, 2016, 09:17 PM

I just finished my second game and I have a few questions.

1. Target Lock. If you lock on to someone and do not use it this round, do you get to use another action next round, while still maintaining a target lock?

2. Most pilots have an ability. Can you use a pilot's ability then also perform a regular action? Or do you choose one over the other.

3. One of the pilot abilities said you can turn in a focus token to either change one focus result to an evade on defense, or to a hit on offense. How is this different than just using a focus token on your action. It seems like a useless ability. What am I missing?

Old June 26th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Yes

2. You may use both, so long as the pilot's ability doesn't have the "Action:" header in the description anywhere. If it does have the "Action:" header, then that is one of your choices for an available action this turn.

3. I cannot think of who that particular pilot is off the top of my head, so I cannot reasonably answer that one right now. Lemme check, or post the pilot's name.

EDIT: If you're talking about Poe Dameron's ability, then you don't have to spend the focus at all. You simply have to have the focus token and, so long as you do, you can make those changes on offense AND defense. Pretty cool ability, actually.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 26th, 2016, 10:32 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Spending a focus token turns all focus results into hits/evades, no one. With Poe Dameron's (and Luke's) ability, you can save your focus token for whenever you roll more than 1 focus result.
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
1. Yes

2. You may use both, so long as the pilot's ability doesn't have the "Action:" header in the description anywhere. If it does have the "Action:" header, then that is one of your choices for an available action this turn.

3. I cannot think of who that particular pilot is off the top of my head, so I cannot reasonably answer that one right now. Lemme check, or post the pilot's name.

EDIT: If you're talking about Poe Dameron's ability, then you don't have to spend the focus at all. You simply have to have the focus token and, so long as you do, you can make those changes on offense AND defense. Pretty cool ability, actually.
Yes it was Poe Dameron I was using. Him and Luke.

Just to confirm #1. If I have an unused Lock-On that is carried over from the previous round, this round I can also lay down a focus token on the same ship, while maintaining the lock-on?

Old June 26th, 2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Just to confirm #1. If I have an unused Lock-On that is carried over from the previous round, this round I can also lay down a focus token on the same ship, while maintaining the lock-on?
Yes. That's what makes target locks useful. The ability to acquire them now and save them for later. Though it's best to target lock when you're not getting shot at as you won't have any defensive focus or evade otherwise.
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
2. Most pilots have an ability. Can you use a pilot's ability then also perform a regular action? Or do you choose one over the other.
You may trigger pilot abilities whenever they say they can trigger. They are not actions.
Old June 27th, 2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Yes. That's what makes target locks useful. The ability to acquire them now and save them for later. Though it's best to target lock when you're not getting shot at as you won't have any defensive focus or evade otherwise.
Alright. Thank you @MegaSilver and @rym for clearing this up for me.

Old June 30th, 2016, 01:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That is not something I had even considered. I forget that some ships are shared between some factions. As you say, that would be a way to get a big ship for my immediate Empire needs, and also a start for the Scum. I have to really consider now what faction that I want go with. As much as I want to get everything for all factions I just can't afford it. Thanks rudyvalentine.
I'm a little late here, but I have to say that picking up Most Wanted and then getting the rebel HWK, a rebel Y-Wing, rebel Headhunter, and Slave I, is a great way to expand your collection in both size and flexibility.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures