Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Mixing Super Scape With Classic Scape

Minions of Utgar can't kite slow melee figures. Silver Surfer can.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Alternatively he can blast away their OMs. Silver Surfer is a super-kite.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I thought you were bowing out of the conversation.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Alternatively he can blast away their OMs. Silver Surfer is a super-kite.
Yet I can never seem to hit that 16 after wounding someone with him. I swear, that's maybe the least effective power in Heroscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
I thought you were bowing out of the conversation.
Only the parts about C3G being broken tend to grind my gears. I've long since accepted that Valhallascape and Marvel Heroscape aren't compatible (simply because they were never designed or costed with each other in mind).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2014, 02:01 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"There is a Romantic elegance about the look and feel of Heroscape . . . " ~ kolakoski

It's all in how it feels. To that end, I'd use Delta+ pricing, include VC customs, and pick a roster of permitted comic book characters, that "blend in" from my own unique point of view, from which a limited number of [points][units] may be drafted. Some units I'd include: Sgt.Rock, Black Panther, Black Cat, Shadow Cat, Hand Ninja, Green Arrow . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; April 4th, 2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old April 4th, 2014, 02:45 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski: Interesting that you'll make a list of supers for us (for your own games)? But what about versions? Are you talking only C3G, or what? I may want to supplement any lists you make, because whatever your criteria, I've got lots more... Alternately, you can give me the criteria and I could submit others that meet it for your approval when you're the GM.

Another way to go is to design scenarios that actually feature certain supers specifically, as I have for my Pulp Adventure games such as WWII Era only, etc.

Chas
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:23 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I like the idea of scenario specific supers - a lot less work than compiling a list. Let's see . . . C3G (200 points) works out nicely - the Gang could draft thematically (one apiece, in random die roll order) from the following, a week or two before the game, for a Lost [City][Treasure][Mine] scenario.

Last edited by kolakoski; April 4th, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 08:13 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I am very happy that this discussion got going, without rancor. Thanks for participating, everybody! As an update, here's what we at the New York City Gang of Four have been doing lately in our rotating GM games for mixing Supers with Classic/VC:

1. Chas: Infinity Gauntlet #1 played and #2 planned, with my Character Point Level restrictions and a specific number of characters that one can put on his team at each level, with fewer allowed for higher levels (any cards approved by GM if not C3G or a well known individual designer).

2. Sherman Davies: Scenario Specific Supers (Good Guys brought to Valhalla) in pairs--you may take either A and B or C and D (of his own custom Supers cards).

3. Kolakoski: A list of approved mid level characters (usually C3G under 200 points). See K's recent Blog for his most recent, expanded lists.

4. Taeblewalker: Not designing any mixed scenarios, but enthusiastically participating in all of the above!

***Whoever you are, let us know what you are doing in mixing the two types of Scape (or even with others, such as HOSS)!***
Old July 3rd, 2014, 02:31 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Always mix Marvel and Valhalla, never have problems. Supers die against squaddies almost every time (as intended and tested, see CVN talking about Hulk vs Romans).

Again, we almost always use an open army building time so people know I am going to use a Marvel and will plan appropriately. They balance out quite nicely (read: perfectly) if you know how to play strategic Heroscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Always mix Marvel and Valhalla, never have problems. Supers die against squaddies almost every time (as intended and tested, see CVN talking about Hulk vs Romans).

Again, we almost always use an open army building time so people know I am going to use a Marvel and will plan appropriately. They balance out quite nicely (read: perfectly) if you know how to play strategic Heroscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
The signature explains the rest.

The balance I seek is such that all the draftable units in a game (Classic and/or Super) are part of the cake, and not relegated to the frosting fringes. My latest scenario,
The Lost City of Dragoncourt!, alluded to earlier, is finished, and the Gang has already begun creating armies for it, even though there are 2 games ahead of it in the Hosting pipeline. Here are the army drafting restrictions (including the list of available Supers) and Victory Conditions for the scenario:

The Explorers.

4 players (the Gang of Four, naturally ) with pre-made armies of 600
Delta+ points apiece (including VC (C3V and SoV), no Marvel), each player's army to fill no more than 12 spaces, placed, a card at a time, as in Heat of Battle, on the Swamp hexes outside the City (adjacency to other players' units allowed).

Autonomous Allies. In addition to the units available for drafting above, each player may draft (and spend a portion of his/her 600 points for) one, and only one, of the C3G units listed below.

(150 points) The Book of Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
(150 points) The Book of Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

(150 points) The Book of Moon Knight (Marc Spector)

(160 points) The Book of Spider-Man
(160 points) The Book of Swordsman (Jacques Duquesne)
(160 points) The Book of Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) (II)
(165 points) The Book of Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley)
(170 points) The Book of Beast (Hank McCoy)
(170 points) The Book of Elektra (Elektra Natchios)
(170 points) The Book of Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)

(170 points) The Book of Tigra (Greer Nelson)

(175 points) The Book of Kirigi

(180 points) The Book of Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
(180 points) The Book of Gypsy (Cindy Reynolds)
(190 points) The Book of Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)
(190 points) The Book of The Crow (Eric Draven)
(190 points) The Book of Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) (II)
(200 points) The Book of Black Panther
(T'Challa)
(200 points) The Book of Grey Gargoyle (Paul Pierre Duval)
(200 points) The Book of Kraven (Sergei Kravinoff)

(200 points) The Book of Lizard (Curtis Connors)
(200 points) The Book of Scorpion (Mac Gargan)

Note: An Autonomous Ally may not Bond with any other units, nor bestow or receive any other Class or Personality related extra turns, regardless of what their cards may otherwise allow. For example, Kirigi, although a Ninja, may not take a turn by means of
Kantono Daishi's Dishonorable Leadership.

Victory Conditions.

The team with the most Victory Points (out of 13 total) after 12 rounds wins. VPs are awarded to each team as follows:

2 VP for killing Moltenclaw.

2 VP for destroying the Great Outcrop.

1 VP for destroying each of the 4 Outcrops (other than the Great Outcrop).

1 VP for the each of the 5 Treasure Glyphs carried back onto any Zap Zone hex.

Zap Zone

This scenario is inspired in large part from a previous, very successful, past scenario, the battle report for which may be found at the following link: Battle Report - The Lost City of Ashra!. Most of the tactical/strategic issues are the same. The pure units drafted to gain height without flying to assassinate the main target are no longer necessary. My goal this time is to have heroes controlled by Bonding squads make up the points not otherwise spent on my Super. For instance, in Delta+, I considered

225 Greenscales x 3
215 Nilfeim
160 Swordsman
600, 12 spaces,

but 2 heroes seems like placing all my eggs in too small a set of baskets. Better is

200 Black Panther
190 Knights of Weston x 2
125 Sir Gilbert
85 Finn
600, 11 spaces.

Better still

170 Electra
150 Morgoloth
140 Werewolf Lord
140 Wolves of Badru x 2
600, 10 spaces.

The build I'll actually be fielding has 4 heroes.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 3rd, 2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You may want to consider Conan also. He should be released soon at 200.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:41 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You may want to consider Conan also. He should be released soon at 200.
If he's released in time, I'll add him to the list.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion