Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old November 18th, 2019, 05:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pillar of Hár (Crypolith) - Design

@flameslayer93 could you update the OP with the most recent changes?

@lefton4ya I figured that we were limiting Pillars of Hár to small or medium figures. It looks like we weren't, but I think that we should to avoid anything silly like trying to fit a double-spaced figure on two adjacent pillars. Even if this just takes the form of the rulebook noting that a double-spaced figure can never be placed on a Pillar of Hár (similar to how the SotM rulebook gives some special rules for the Hive or the FotA rulebook for the door and ladders), the alternative seems silly and messy.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 11:38 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

OP Updated.

Honestly, I think we're better off restricting Scaling to Small and Medium figures.

For double hexers falling off because of Unstable, my best suggestion would be to force the double hexer off of both Pillars, and they would just have to sit on the ground. If they could not be placed on the ground, *then* they would be destroyed.

In the event that the Pillar is destroyed, either part of the base must occupy where the destroyed Pillar was and another same level space on the ground.

These are of course if we allow double hexers onto pillars at all, which might be worthwhile for playing and counter-playing dragons on maps with adjacent pillars. I'm ok with allowing double hexers on them because landing them is fairly straightforward.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 24th, 2019, 12:58 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Honestly, I think we're better off restricting Scaling to Small and Medium figures.
Agreed. I think that allowing double-spaced figures to stand on the pillars would be a big mess and something that we should absolutely avoid. I'd add a caveat (either in the rulebook or on the card itself) that only small and medium figures can "land" on top of the pillars or use Scaling.
Old November 24th, 2019, 07:42 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Might need to be in the rulebook. Adding it to Scaling only restricts that power's usage, doesn't do anything to stop say Mimring from just flying up there.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 24th, 2019, 07:47 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Why do you think it would be a mess Astro? It should be easy to clear up and about as intuitive as using the glyph of Erland to summon a double hexer. A few pictures in the rulebook with some rules text and any problems go away.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 24th, 2019, 03:11 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Mimring being double-spaced stops him.
Old November 24th, 2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Why do you think it would be a mess Astro? It should be easy to clear up and about as intuitive as using the glyph of Erland to summon a double hexer. A few pictures in the rulebook with some rules text and any problems go away.
I won't have the box with me again until next week, but trying to perch Nilfheim or Jotun on top of the Pillars of Hár just sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen. Even if the physical balance is fine (which, given that these aren't full hexes unlike the castle set, I'd be surprised to hear in all honesty), which Scaling power was used? How many edge cases are we introducing with Unstable just to let a dragon perch up there? Erland is a lot more intuitive to use and introduces far fewer problematic rules interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Mimring being double-spaced stops him.
The problem is that unless we specifically call it out, players could debatably place Mimring on top of two adjacent Pillars of Hár (or half on an adjacent same-level cliff and half on the single Pillar space).
Old December 2nd, 2019, 09:22 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yeah I'm with Astro on this. That can of worms doesn't even need to be in the same room as a can opener.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 5th, 2019, 08:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I can sympathize with that. Let's avoid it if we can.
Old December 6th, 2019, 10:27 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'm OK with rule that only small/medium/large OR only single space figures can go on top of the pillar. This should just be a ruling on who can even go on top, regardless of whether scaling or flying or climbing on other terrain to get on top.
Old December 8th, 2019, 01:15 PM

I would normally suggest Small/Medium, but I think there may be precedent for single-base somewhere. Do the ladder rules specify Small/Medium or single base? If there's precedent, let's go with that. Otherwise, Small/Medium is an easy fallback position.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2019, 01:26 PM
I could go

They specify Small/Medium.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs