Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: The Juggernaut Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The problem, BoD, is of course that your opponent does not *have* to attack Eldgrim. Or Finn.
This is pretty much all of it.

I have seen it work pretty well if you have a contingent of Knights of Weston and use the Vikings very aggressively and/or putting them on important glyphs, and have some Unique Squad in your starting zone that benefits greatly from more dice, like the KMA or Marro Warriors.

What it really does is gives you champions that stay alive longer than they should, just to avoid boosting your Krav.
But if you keep your Krav/Marro Warriors in your start zone, and move out the vikings, wouldn't that sort of make the vikings untouchable? You'd be doing damage with them, but your opponent won't necessarily want to kill them until the KMA/MW are dead. Which might cause your opponent to come to your side of the field. It might not be a bad strategy, IMO.

It's not a bad strategy. But the way it's phrased in the OP is not what I said. He didn't mention a bonding squad, and he didn't mention the targets for spirits that make the most use out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'll bring up the FaT bomb strategy real quick, since it touches on this and isn't mentioned here yet.

It involves using Theracus to fly Finn into the opponent's start zone, and attacking the opponent's most valuable piece with a boosted Theracus until he dies. Once he does, the KoW activate Finn, who rampages around the starting zone and ties down important figures. If they kill him, his spirit goes on the Krav. If they don't, you can keep bonding with him and getting in the way while the KoW move up.

I went 4-1 with this army using that strategy a couple years ago....

Finn - 80
Thorgrim - 160
Eldgrim - 190
KoW x3 - 400
Krav Maga Agents - 500
Theracus - 540, 20 hexes

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I don't know about the others, but my portion of this conversation was informed by all the Theracus Bombing posts in the past, including yours. Being the rebel that I am, I've sought to find one not previously listed, thus my focus on the Warhulk.
Old July 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

For Migol, I would like being short. Less range could hurt me that way, in theory. I tend to think of the juggernaut as big too. Krug would be awesome with extra defense, especially if he already had a hit or two on him to boost his attack.
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
For Migol, I would like being short. Less range could hurt me that way, in theory. I tend to think of the juggernaut as big too. Krug would be awesome with extra defense, especially if he already had a hit or two on him to boost his attack.
I think Cyprien or a Hydra would be the best Juggernauts. Think about it - A Hydra with 6 move, 5 attack (with a potential 4 attacks per turn), and 7 defense. Deadly.

I think it'd be fun to try Isamu as the Juggernaut! He's pretty great already, and with the added stats he'd be even better (as long as you don't whiff, of course).

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The best Juggernaut is Krug. Send Krug into the middle of the enemy and engage his valuable figures. If they attack Krug, let Krug rip them to pieces. If they don't, use your ranged figures to put a couple of wounds on your own Krug.
Old October 8th, 2014, 10:26 PM

Lesur is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT2 View Post
It's a lot of points to invest in a hero-boost - but it can work.

Often, adding in a KoW helps get the Vikings into the fray with better OM management. As well, with the vikings + KoW, the threat is higher, and your opponent is more likely to deal with the vikings to reduce the threat and help you boost the hero.
Adding several of the KoW will also help protect your Base/Starting Area since if you only move out 1 squad you will still have 1 or 2 squads in defence when your opponent pops over thinking to get some easy kills.

I am a supporter of Star Wars, HeroScape, Age of Mythology and Ninja Ponies. Don't judge my good taste.
Support the Sasquatch Militia. We are looking for people like YOU!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles