Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 19th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Why Purple for Einar?

i searched a bit first to see if anyone else has made this connection. and i hated to make a new thread just for this but couldn't figure out what thread to put this in...

each unit stat is color coded like this:

move --> green
range --> gray
attack --> red
defense --> blue

each General has a signature color that apparently parallels the stat colors on purpose.

Ullar --> green
Ullar has plenty of fast movers with the Scouts like Vipers and Theracus. Plus, Venoc Warlord has the +2 Move enhancement and his Flagbearer also has a movement enhancement.

Vydar --> gray
Vydar has plenty of range; over 50% of his army has range. and his Flagbearer has a range enhancement (aura).

Utgar --> red
Utgar is no doubt the aggressor (the bad guy) and has figures like Tealord with the Attack Aura and Minions with the doubling skulls. and his Flagbearer has an attack enhancement (aura).

Jandar --> blue
Jandar is the defender (the good guy) with figures like Raelin with the Defense Aura and Sentinels with doubling shields.

ok, nothing above is all that surprising. it's an easy "color connection" to make. so that leaves Einar. why is purple his signature color?

i think it might have something to do with Einar having all of the Samurai which all have Counter Strike. (plus his Flagbearer is a Samurai.) with Counter Strike you are mixing Defense (blue) with Attack (red).
blue mixed with red is purple.

this might just be a coincidence and a bit of a stretch. just thought i'd point it out as a possibility.
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Intriguing. I don't know if there is any validity to it, but it is intruiging in that conspiricy theory way.
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Gary...

... put the cards down. You've been staring at them for FAR too long!

In all seriousness, that is a very interesting observation. Whether this color system was intended by the designers, we may never know. But wow, everything you've stated does match up, doesn't it?

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Well, purple is the traditional color of royalty and a mark of the elite. Perhaps this is an allusion to how effective Einar’s troops are?

When I think about it, I kind of disagree with your conclusion. I would argue (and have argued) that Jandar is one of the most offensive based factions in the game.

I think their colors have a bit more to do with the theme of each general’s units. Ullar is all about nature. (Green=wild, nature) Vydar is about technology and he is the one faction that seems unable to choose a side. (Grey= morally confused, machines.) Utgar is about destruction, and many of his units have fire like capabilities. (Red= anger, violence, flame.) Jandar is about peace and justice. (Blue= peace, another traditional royalty color.)
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Chiodos has disabled reputation
That is pretty interesting......

Old April 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Well, purple is the traditional color of royalty and a mark of the elite.
That's what I would've said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Gary...

... put the cards down. You've been staring at them for FAR too long!
Seconded

Those are some intersting observations, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:19 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pretty cool theory Gary.
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I like it!

~Aldin, colored gamboge

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Well, purple is the traditional color of royalty and a mark of the elite. Perhaps this is an allusion to how effective Einar’s troops are?

When I think about it, I kind of disagree with your conclusion. I would argue (and have argued) that Jandar is one of the most offensive based factions in the game.

I think their colors have a bit more to do with the theme of each general’s units. Ullar is all about nature. (Green=wild, nature) Vydar is about technology and he is the one faction that seems unable to choose a side. (Grey= morally confused, machines.) Utgar is about destruction, and many of his units have fire like capabilities. (Red= anger, violence, flame.) Jandar is about peace and justice. (Blue= peace, another traditional royalty color.)
yes. i agree with all of the above. and i've seen those points made in other threads. but it also kinda seems that they (designers) are also steering the move, range, attack and defense stats in a similar direction of the theme of each General. although looking closer at Jandar's army as a whole you are right...he is not overwhelmingly strong on defense on average.

and yes, i have been staring at the cards way too long.
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM

Chiodos has disabled reputation
Ive also noticed somthing about general's,there names all end with "ar" like ullar utgar.......etc.

Old April 19th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos
Ive also noticed somthing about general's,there names all end with "ar" like ullar utgar.......etc.
How long did it take you to notice that?
Old April 19th, 2007, 08:39 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Interesting observation indeed! I definately don't have that kind of time on my hands to study cards though I think they made Einar purple because it's a color.(At least purple is better than pink)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion