Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2019, 02:22 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Justice League Dark Brainstorming

Deadman will be public.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:20 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
FWIW @LordVenoc , I would be more than happy to run Swamp Thing II in my next LD slot if you want to hone in on other things such as Valiant. Deadman will start up soon but I have no pressing plans for after Bleez.
I'd probably ask you touch base with me again before it officially starts in case my feelings change, but I'd say that I don't mind if you want to. My small desire to run him myself definitely does not outweigh my (and others') desire for more JLD.
Old November 4th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = TIMOTHY HUNTER

SPECIES = HUMAN?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED?
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENCE = 2

POINTS = ???

MYSTICAL JOURNEY
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure you control with the Magical Defense special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Timothy, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

MYSTICAL PROTECTION
If an opponent's figure is engaged with a figure you control with the Magical Defense special power, that opponent's figure cannot attack Timothy.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Timothy is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Timothy can take for this attack is one.

BOOKS OF MAGIC
Whenever another figure you control casts a Spell, instead of removing that Spell from the game, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place the Spell in Timothy’s Spell Pile. Only Timothy can cast Spells from his Spell Pile.
Tim Hunter is your average bespectacled British boy until he finds out he's actually a powerful wizard with a great destiny...stop me if you've heard this before.

He's really only tangentially JLD related (having appeared in like...5 issues of the book), but he definitely runs in the same circles of mystical/House Of Mystery/Vertigo characters (especially Constantine and Zatanna) and I wanted to keep the public design workshop clear for Octopus talk.

I feel like the design is pretty self-explanatory. He's a tag-along apprentice type who has extreme magical potential beyond pretty much anyone else. My only design worry would be being able to recycle extremely powerful spells like Flesh To Stone, and limiting design space for future spells.
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks fun! d20 power means he likes John, but can't bond with him, so he'll still want to bond with Zatanna.
Old November 4th, 2019, 11:02 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I really like that, not knowing the character at all. 4 powers is a lot, but it works.

I’d limit the spells to just common ones maybe, that would cut down on too powerful ones.
Old November 5th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tim Drake if he were a magician. Cool!

The four powers are pretty streamlined at least. I could see scrapping Mystical Protection as Magical Defense already gives him some staying power. I think Mystical Protection is the least important power there from a mechanical perspective, and possibly from the perspective of "telling his story" on the card.

I could see restricting the spell recycling to commons to overcome balance concerns. Good idea, LP!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 5th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

It’s one of those things I wouldn’t love, but I understand if we need to do it. He’s supposed to have the potential to be the most powerful magician of all time (basically the next Merlin) so I want him to feel “special.” Anyone can cast multiples of Common Spells, just draft a handful of them. Recycling Unique Spells gives him that little leg up that really sells his potential a super powerful chosen one.

Idea; what if we upped his Defense by 1, dropped Magical Defense, and only let him cast Spells from his Spell Pile? So he’ll still be able to recycle Unique Spells, but he’ll be considerably more vulnerable and will take some setup time. If he manages to get an ultra powerful Spell into his Pile, the enemy can always just kill him.
Old November 5th, 2019, 02:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like what MD does for him at just 3 life. As Bats mentioned, I'd drop the protector bit first. If your opponent is spending an attack to inflict 1W to him, your more threatening figures are not being attacked with that attack and taking wounds. Fine with him saving Unique spells, he still has a d20 roll needed to pull it off and then some of them are not easy to set up so he can easily go down before he can use it effectively.
Old November 5th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think you could roll the first two into one power.
Pretty cool but no Harry Snotter.
Old November 5th, 2019, 03:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you could roll the first two into one power.
Mystical Protection is a variation of Vigilante Protection, and another protection that in testing right now, so I kind of like it separate for that reason.

As for the spells, we could see if they got too powerful during testing. Either way I really like this guy.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 01:24 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = BLACK ORCHID
SECRET IDENTITY = ALBA GARCIA

SPECIES = METAHUMAN?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SHAPE-SHIFTING AMBUSH
Once per game, when a figure you control would roll defense dice against a normal attack, you may immediately switch Black Orchid and that figure. The defending figure takes no damage, and you may move any number of Order Markers from the defending figure’s card to this card. Until the end of the round, when rolling Attack Dice for Black Orchid, you may count all Blanks rolled as Skulls. Switched figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PLANT ANIMATION 14
After moving and instead of attacking, roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures within two spaces of an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that is within 6 spaces of Black Orchid, one at a time. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Hoping to get some fresh eyes on this design, and with our new crop of allies, it seems like the perfect time.

I really dig the Ambush power as a representation of the way she works in the comics I've read, but looking at it again, I worry it might be too similar to Zatanna's Trap Door Teleport. I recognized the similarities originally, but now I think it might be a bit weird having 2 designs with similar-ish gimmicks in the same faction might be weird. Still, there are enough differences that will come through in gameplay that it might still be good? Idk, thoughts?
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To be clear (because the power isn't), are you rolling defense dice for Black Orchid instead after she switches?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy