Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Small World

Been playing a lot the last few days. Wonderful, wonderful game.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:50 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

:necro:

For anyone who has this game and doesnt already know...

Leaders of Small World on BoardGameGeek.com
The Leaders of Small World - a new mini-expansion for Small World is now available exclusively from the BoardGameGeek Store for $5.00, which includes the cost of shipping and handling to anywhere in the world.

Designed by Michael Ormesher of the UK as his entry in the Small World Design Contest, this special mini-expansion gives players a new game play option when picking a Race/Special Action Combo. The Leaders expansion was originally only available at Essen (and given as a thank you to all who submitted an entry in the Small World Design Contest).

Leaders of Small World Overview

The Leaders expansion features Leader tokens for all Small World Races, including those in the new Cursed and Grand Dames of Small World expansions. They are neither a Race nor a Special Power. Instead, they are a new option for players: whenever you pick a new Race and Special Power combo, you may opt to also immediately spend 2 Victory coins to attach the services of this leader to your Race.

You then take the corresponding Leader token and add it to the stack of Race tokens you receive. As long as your Race is active, your Leader will act like an additional Race token, with the following exceptions:

Your Leader is brave and refuses to stay in any Region that is immune (because of the presence of a Dragon, Hero, Hole-in-the-Ground, etc…), at the end of your turn;
If your Leader is in a Region that is conquered by an opponent, this opponent immediately captures him! You can then pay your opponent a ransom of 1 Victory coin from your own personal stash to get your Hero back. The capture (and eventual ransom) of your Leader occurs in lieu of the normal 1 token loss that happens when a Region is conquered (if any; Elves can still get their Leader captured and ransomed).
At the end of the game, any opponents’ Leader still in the personal Victory stash of a player is worth 2 Victory coins for the player who still holds him captive.
The Leaders of Small World are available worldwide from the BoardGameGeek Store and only while supplies last.
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I love that fact that so many scapers here play other games and post about them here. this has saved me alot of money already ( and made me spend more!) by just being able to see your thoughts on them. I was on the fence on this one but with the praise everyone has given it hear its now in my shopping cart!
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I asked for this game for Christmas, it looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get it.
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I just got it this weekend with both expansions. I love this game. It's nice, fast paced, simple, but strategic. It's a really great blend of everything I love about gaming while leaving chance in it, but with a minimal factor. Such a great game with great replayability. I love the concept of it as well!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:34 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Has anybody had a chance to play with the "Cursed!" expansion or the "Grand Dames" expansion? I've got the "Cursed!" expansion but haven't had a chance to play with it yet (it looks really nasty and fun).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Grande Dames is much more fun. One of the ladies cannot be defeated once she goes into decline. It's sweet coin making machine.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Cursed! is very good too!

Two words: Were Skeletons...

Horrible...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old January 19th, 2010, 10:43 PM

dickflea Woo who?

Just got it over Christmas with the 2 new expansions.

Absolutely marvelous game. Like the fast paced, attack oriented, victory coin winning strategy.

All other strategies pale in comparison, as it is a must to have more coins then your opponent not the most number of regions conquered.

Really great to have the white ladies making money for you even in decline and the priestess building a tower in decline. However the gypsies are for me the best, allowing you to get 1 victory coin for every region you abandon.

The silly cursed special power always seems to come up in the games that i have played don't know why (maybe that's why its cursed). Really dig peace loving elves.

Overall a really great game to have and play continuously due to the combos available for the special powers and races.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

The more I play this game, the more it upsets me. Something is wrong with it, but I can't put my finger on it. My most recent several plays have just felt empty. Like they're lacking something... I can't figure out why it has bugged me so much...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Few months ago, the manager over at my FLGS decided to take it off the shelf and crack it open. Himself, my wife, some other guy, and myself tried it out together. From what I remember, it was fun. I certainly wouldn't mind owning it, some day.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:27 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe you have the wrong game play expectation from it? I know it bothered me at forst that I couldn't replenish tokens, but once I understood this wasn't Risk, suddenly the game opened up for me.

The secret of the fun is in knowing when to decline, if at all, and choosing races and combos wisely. There's a lot to love really!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games