Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker
Check out my 800 point army and tell me what im missing.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but have been playing heroscape for years. Anyway, I've tried out tons of armies and I found one i play alot and so far Im undefeated with my friends but wondering how to make it better. Anyway my mainstays in my 800 point army are:

3X minions of utgar
taelord
1x omnicron snipers(could add more but only have one set)
Zetacron(added him recently to make up for the one set of snipers)

thats usually my mainstays and the remainder of the points(not sure that total off hand) Ive thrown in Me burg sa and found he worked well for scouting and a usually one more filler army but im wondering what u guys think i could add to my main force to really beef it up. anyway guys thanks alot and looking forward to some advice!
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Check out my 800 point army and tell me what im missing.

The biggest problem with your army is no bonding, though Taelord does give good synergy.

Mainly you would be weak against a heavy stinger/4th mass style army where you can be heavily outgunned. Usually only deal with 800 point armies for mixed marvel games so can't really think of anything other than maybe needing better range support. The Krav/Nakita/etc might be of more help at least until you get more snipers.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Odd though it sounds, I don't think Minions and Taelord go together that well. You have to spend order markers dragging Taelord into the fight, which isn't a very efficient approach.

For an 800 point Taelord army, I would propose something like:

180 Taelord
80 Raelin RotV
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
120 Deathreavers x3
120 Kaemon Awa
800, 24 hexes

As far as a good companion for Minionsx3 at 800... I'm not sure what I'd do, but you could do a lot worse than this:

80 Raelin RotV
180 Major Q9
100 Krav Maga Agents
110 Laglor
330 Minions of Utgar x3
800, 18 hexes
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. Ya i figured range would be a problem, although i found zetacron and the snipers did excellent(zeta with height literally one shotted a 5 life hero) and me burq sa did pretty well catching up to ranged armies)

weird by looking at their card I always thought the 4th mass army to be weak but after reading all the posts about them apparently their badass, ive had them for ever and never have used them once hehe. thanks again
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. Ya i figured range would be a problem, although i found zetacron and the snipers did excellent(zeta with height literally one shotted a 5 life hero) and me burq sa did pretty well catching up to ranged armies)

weird by looking at their card I always thought the 4th mass army to be weak but after reading all the posts about them apparently their badass, ive had them for ever and never have used them once hehe. thanks again
The first time I read the Deathreavers card I almost threw it away. Now I think they're one of the best units in the game.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 10th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Odd though it sounds, I don't think Minions and Taelord go together that well. You have to spend order markers dragging Taelord into the fight, which isn't a very efficient approach.
I actually agree with this. The Minions are strong enough on their own that they don't need Taelord, and they're slow enough that he can actually prevent them from getting enough moves/attacks to be effective.

Quote:

180 Taelord
80 Raelin RotV
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
120 Deathreavers x3
120 Kaemon Awa
800, 24 hexes
Really like this army. I realize that Kaemon's there for cleanup, but I almost want to replace him with Agent Skahen. She seems to make better use of Taelord, Raelin, and the Rats, IMHO. On the other hand, she makes it clunkier order-marker-wise, and the whole point of Kaemon was to stick around for late-game cleanup... ok, nevermind, we're sticking with Kaemon.
How about this, though?

180 Taelord
80 Raelin RotV
400 Omnicron Snipers x4
120 Deathreavers x2
60 Zetacron
800, 24 hexes

A little weird, and lacking a special attack, but worth a (deadly) shot.

Quote:
80 Raelin RotV
180 Major Q9
100 Krav Maga Agents
110 Laglor
330 Minions of Utgar x3
800, 18 hexes
Now that's just mean.
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

The first time I read the Deathreavers card I almost threw it away. Now I think they're one of the best units in the game.

When I first read Parmenio's card, I thought that he was worthless. Now..........
.....I still think he's worthless.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:45 AM

Antifascist is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Ha! I did the same thing! i was wondering why I had even bought them. Now I cannot stop extolling their virtues.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:

180 Taelord
80 Raelin RotV
300 Omnicron Snipers x3
120 Deathreavers x3
120 Kaemon Awa
800, 24 hexes

As far as a good companion for Minionsx3 at 800... I'm not sure what I'd do, but you could do a lot worse than this:

80 Raelin RotV
180 Major Q9
100 Krav Maga Agents
110 Laglor
330 Minions of Utgar x3
800, 18 hexes
personally i think a good taelord army would be
taelord-180(180)
2xleggionaires-100(280)
2x roman archers-110(390)
valguard-110(500)
mbs-50(550)
marcus-100(650)
tarn vikings-50(700)
syvarris-100(800)
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

When I first read Parmenio's card, I thought that he was worthless. Now..........
.....I still think he's worthless.
I disagree! He is useful in certain situations if you get amazing D20 rolls!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion