Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

NAME = THUNDERBIRD
SECRET IDENTY = John Proudstar
SPECIES = Mutant
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Warrior
PERSONALITY = Proud

Points= 240

LIFE=5
MOVE=6
RANGE=1
ATTACK=6
DEFENSE=5

APACHE TRACKING
Thunderbird may add 3 to his move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Thunderbird must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Apache Tracking.

DENSE TISSUE
When Thunderbird rolls defense dice against a normal attack if he rolls at least one shield he may reroll any skulls. This may only be used once per attack.

SS
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = MISS THING
SECRET IDENTITY = DARLA DEERING

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = FRIENDLY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

ROCK WALL DEFENSE 4
If an adjacent figure attacks Miss Thing with a normal attack, and Miss Thing rolls at least 4 shields, Miss Thing takes no damage, and the attacking figure receives one wound.

CELEBRITY STATUS
Common Human figures adjacent to Miss Thing roll 1 fewer defense die to a minimum of 1 die.

SUPER STRENGTH

-----
Simple powerset (Thing Rings!), simple design. I wasn't certain where to go on the personality here, so I tried to move in the opposite direction of The Thing's "Gruff". "Self-Doubting" could also work, though as I recall she had mostly worked through that by the end of FF.

Currently, there's no figure for Darla, and we're probably not likely to get one any time soon, what with Marvel sweeping the Fantastic Four and associated characters under the rug. I'll be ready if ever they should get around to it, though.

EDIT: Some background for the unfamiliar; Darla is a character from the very-recent run of FF by Matt Fraction and Mike Allred. The Fantastic Four are headed off for a cross-time voyage and choose heroes to serve as an interim Fantastic Four team, in case anything should go wrong. Reed chooses Scott Lang, the second Ant-Man, Sue chooses Medusa, and Ben chooses She-Hulk. Johnny entirely forgets about asking anyone and volunteers Darla, a pop star he's been on a couple of dates with.

Things, naturally, go wrong and Darla is stuck as a member of the new FF, which is none too well received by New York City. I'll cut the summary short there before I start rambling, and leave it at "If you haven't already, you should really give the second volume of FF a shot some time."

Last edited by Ronin; January 17th, 2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I LOVE Darla! And that's a perfect representation for her. I'd possibly lower her Life a bit, since she's a standard human under that suit, but she'd be a fun and fairly cheap addition to the Adventurer faction... a great tie-down figure with a bit of a glass jaw.

Wouldn't be too hard to mod her, either. Just take an old Thing figure, lop off the head, stick a "generic female" one on top.
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Dropping to 4 Life is a good call.

And yeah, she'd be a pretty easy mod. I've also got my fingers crossed that her Scott Lang connection might be enough to get her a mini sometime next year, with Ant-Man coming out.
Old December 16th, 2014, 12:17 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Darn it, Miss Thing's origin there makes me kind-of want to read an actual superhero comic. Thanks a lot @Ronin

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 16th, 2014, 12:23 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'd try using the Con Artist's head. Just paint the hair pink and it should be good to go.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 16th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Darn it, Miss Thing's origin there makes me kind-of want to read an actual superhero comic. Thanks a lot @Ronin
Excellent. The first phase of my master plan is complete.
Old December 16th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I would love to see Darla in C3G, and that's a great writeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
You should definitely check out Matt Fraction's FF. Like most things Fraction, it's a little bit silly, a little bit touching, and a ton of fun. It's not the best superhero book out there, but it's hard to find another that's as enjoyable.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = Victoria Hand
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Agent
PERSONALITY = Righteous

Points= 90 - 140

LIFE=4
MOVE=6
RANGE=6
ATTACK=3
DEFENSE=4

Uncertain Leadership
After revealing a numbered order marker on this card and after taking a turn with Victoria Hand, you may roll the 20-sided die if you roll 1-10 nothing happens, if you roll 10-20 you may take a turn with one other unique Agent Hero you control or one Agent squad you control.

Bio: Hand was initially introduced as a S.H.I.E.L.D. accountant, dating a fellow agent named Isabelle - a partner with different beliefs about the war on terror. Three years before the Secret Invasion storyline, Victoria sent a letter to S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury about his war on terrorism and her concerns that he was doing a poor job. Isabelle implored Victoria not to send the letter. The result was Hand's transferral to a S.H.I.E.L.D. Base in Portland, Oregon. Hand's relationship broke down due to Isabelle's anger over her advice being ignored.[During the "Dark Reign" storyline, Norman Osborn was promoted from director of Thunderbolt Initiative to the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. upon which he dismantled it and transformed it into the operation known as H.A.M.M.E.R. He appointed Victoria to the position of Deputy Director of this organization due to her vocal opposition of previous S.H.I.E.L.D. directors Nick Fury and Tony Stark. She willingly supported Osborn's agenda to subvert the heroes and place villains instead, believing that Osborn would bring peace to the world. Victoria also has a certain level of authority over Norman's Avengers despite the fact Norman gave Moonstone the position of his second-in-command.[4] She was also given the task of finding an acronym for H.A.M.M.E.R. (Wikipedia)

I was recently catching up on AOS and thought of this design.
Old December 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Symbiotic

I've been thinking about Victoria Hand a bit lately, too. Your stats/left box look good, but I do have some suggestions for the special powers.

I think Strategic Discipline from Batman (Dick Grayson) would be a fun power to re-use for her. It makes her a good Iron Patriot buddy, and it definitely suits her Agents of SHIELD incarnation to a T.

I like where you're going with the Agent synergy power; I think she definitely needs one. I'd do it a little differently, though. Maybe something like this:

UNCERTAIN LEADERSHIP
After revealing a numbered order marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Victoria Hand, you may roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll 1-16, you may take a turn with an Agent Squad that you control;
  • If you roll 17 or higher, you may take a turn with any Agent Squad or Hero that you control.

I'd rather keep her a safe OM hub for squaddies (with some potential to work with Heroes, but she doesn't get along as well there) and give up letting her take a turn. The way you've got it in the original draft, I worry that the unreliable bonding angle makes her into too active a unit.

Good start, though! Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Victoria in some C3G battles. It's a pity that she's dead right now in both the comics and the MCU; waste of a really interesting character.
Old December 25th, 2014, 01:02 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

NAME = DEADMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = BOSTON BRAND
SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = ????

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 170-200?

INTANGIBILITY
Deadman can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Deadman cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

GHOSTLY POSSESSION
After moving, and instead of attacking with Deadman, you may choose a Common or Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Deadman. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, take an immediate turn with the chosen hero. After taking a turn with the chosen hero, immediately place Deadman on an adjacent space to the chosen hero if available.

ACROBATIC MOVEMENT
Deadman never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Deadman one space up to 6 levels up or down.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLIGHT

Last edited by Arkham; February 2nd, 2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old December 26th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Symbiotic

Only passingly familiar with Deadman, so I can't give much (or any) insight into the character. Seems fun mechanically, though; I like the tension between Intangibility and the possession placing him adjacent to his victims.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy