Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 20th, 2016, 08:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
First Innistrad Games

Since as Gamejuven said in his own thread here, this General Discussion section is the only place to post an AOTP Battle Report, I think we need a Battle Report subthread for AOTP--Admins take note!

Taeblewalker and I played our first two games with my new Innistrad set and the prevous two. As far as I'm concerned, only now has the game reached the start of its real potential, with enough cards to make Army and Spell Deck pregame builds. TW said "It's still the same game," which he likes. We enjoyed trying out the new Planeswalkers (PWs), Army cards, and Spell cards, using the old 500 point totals, as still called for in all scenarios (if you only have one of the Master Sets, this is a given).

Game One

We played Innistrad Battlefield 1. TW took Sorin (Black/White PW), with Avacyn and the Skirsdag Cultists. I chose Arlinn (Red/Green PW), with the Kessig Rangers and Flamewing Phoenixes. He would attack; I would defend.

I sent my Rangers to the central hill to take crossbow shots, but they were then overwhelmed in melee before I could transform them into their stronger werewolf selves. The first Crypolith went down, and the land screamed! My Phoenixes spread out to take the Glyphs, only to realize that there was no point to Heal a 1 Life figure, and I had used no spell to Retrieve. The enemy took one of them out, and I hastened to the defense of the second rock tower. Then Avacyn took the center high ground, and I managed to transform Arlinn and destroy the troublesome angel. Hooray! But the second 'Lith went down, and now my enemy had the scenario bonus, and I the penalty! My transformed PW fought on, but it was in vain. Once again, evil, I mean Taeblewalker, had triumphed. This guy had beaten me with all five PWs, back in our Core Game only days. Was there no end to his march to victory?

Game Two
We played Core Game Battlefield 1. TW recruited the new improved Jace II (Blue PW), with the Necro-Alchemist and the Lantern Geists. I enrolled Nahiri (Red/White PW), along with the Mad Prophet and the Bloodline Nobles. So we each would field one PW, one Hero, and one Squad.

We both started out racing for the center hill. I got there first with my squad, but his Hero zoomed past to attack my PW. My Hero came up to engage him. Soon he was destroyed!

I moved up my PW for a combo master strike, as he didn't yet know her inherent abilities (card powers), let alone what spells I had in store for him. His two squaddies were only one hex apart. So Nahiri moved behind him, to the space between his two Geists, lay her extra hex down below her, and cast the 45 Point (very strong) Fell the Mighty (White). In a cloud of thunder, both unwounded Geists were totally destroyed and removed. He couldn't believe it. Zap!

TW gamely (what else) brought his PW into melee combat, but it was pretty hopeless for him now as a "Lone Ranger." Using my Hero buffed to six attack dice (3 Basic+2 Insistant Ravings +1 Height) And thus I won my first game against my esteemed foe in a long, long time. Victory is sweet!

Next time we'll try out the new 600 point Army total. According to my new FAQ (see seperate post), Hasbro (their German office, in fact) has now cleared it for all scenarios. I've only got one of each set, so it will be tight to play with more players, and I'll have to adopt a convention (alternating picks?) for games where more than one player can choose cards from the same mana color decks (army and spell).

This is now a more fun little game. But I'm still looking to combine it with regular Scape. For my lastest thoughts on that, see the (nonAOTP) General Discussion section, New York City Gang of Four thread.

Last edited by chas; July 20th, 2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old July 20th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: First Innistrad Games

I am working on Ruiner builds and saving them in a wordpad file.
I can post them if you are interested. The Kiora build is really good.

I came up with a new strategy involving Sorin(Black/White). It is a really low tactic but I see no ruling against it.
If you want a realy jerk build, I can post or PM that one as well(though I have not quite finalized the Spell Deck yet).

I am modifying the 'cheat sheet' a bit to my needs. Mostly just adding in some color and also brief descriptions of each card. I will post that when/if I ever complete it.

I have all the cards out in various piles with all the different builds I have been brainstorming. Looking forward to putting them all back in some sort of order.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am working on Ruiner builds and saving them in a wordpad file.
I can post them if you are interested. The Kiora build is really good.

I came up with a new strategy involving Sorin(Black/White). It is a really low tactic but I see no ruling against it.
If you want a realy jerk build, I can post or PM that one as well(though I have not quite finalized the Spell Deck yet).

I'd love to see both of these builds!
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Here are the Ruiner builds. The editing did not make the transfer from wordpad to Heroscapers so I may have to rethink the formatting and do it all on Heroscapers.

Is there someway to post a wordpad document like posting a pic?
Spoiler Alert!

Looks like the last one is 15 points short on the Spell Deck, but that may have been the nature of cards and the build I was going for there.

I love the Kiora build as it has all Sorcery Cards including Primeval Light which destroys ALL Enchantments!
Those Lantern Geists are super tough and make great glyph holders.

Sorin has really nice healing for himself and the Ruiner but cannot quite squeeze in one more squad.

No matter which one you run, summon the Scions right off the bat and leave them as far away from the enemy as possible as they can be devoured from any distance.

The jerk Sorin build is Rhox Veterans + Restless Zombies

The strategy involves Trample and destroying your own Zombies.
Get the Zombies adjacent to enemy PW and destroy them with the Rhox.
The extra damage transfers directly to the PW and you can bring the Zombies back later.

Just realized this will also work nicely with Nahiri with Rhox + Phoenixes.

Pretty low down tactic though it feels like something a vampire might do.
I could see people being really bitter with this strategy so use at your own risk.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 20th, 2016, 10:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing @Tornado

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion