Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 13th, 2015, 06:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Clock Maker's Tomb

Woooo! The Tomb of the Clock Maker tolls for thee!
At the end of the round, roll a d20 for each unit on a ladder or on top of the Clock Maker's tomb. 13-20 means you're safe. 1-12, roll that many combat dice. All skulls count as unblockable hits.

What a swanky map, right?

Complete with obligatory battlement gravestones, and realistic sunken graves!

Dammit, Dund! This was supposed to be a horror themed draft pool!

This was supposed to be a 7 player map with 10 hex start zones and myriads of chaos, but all my new friends bailed... So I'm just going to play against my wife, who feels bad for me.

My wife takes full advantage of the neutral zombies on the board, who anybody can put an order marker on. My Zombie Hulks run the other way...

My wife takes advantage of the elevation outside her start zone and camps some Incendiborgs on height with CUC Khosumet boosting their attack to the stratosphere.

Morgoloth tries to pick up one of the buried treasure glyphs, rolls a 1... The trap? Zombies respawn in all available grave spaces!

Khosumet and a wolfie smack the hell out of the door to the tomb, which has 5 life, 2 defense. They break it down to find the Clock Maker!

5 life, 5 move, 1 range, 2 attack, 4 defense
Instead of attacking with the Clock Maker, the bell tolls for all units adjacent to the Clock Maker... (d20 each, 1-12 roll that many unblockable dice.)

He's a neutral character (a la Chaos in the Catacombs).

I take control of the new Clock Maker, and march toward Morgoloth. Roll the d20 for him...

The bell tolls for thee, Morgoloth.

My Nicholas Esenwein turns two Wolves of Badru in Bloodburst Thralls. Comeback time.

I use Nicholas to toast most of my wife's army, but Josie Whistletop ends up climbing atop the Clock Maker's tomb and taking him down to 1 health as I march Deadeye Dan up to meet her.

I know I should have just attacked with Nicholas, but I really wanted to get some usage out of Deadeye Dan.

Eventually Josie overcomes D.D., with some help from a healing potion. Deadeye drops a healing potion when he dies, bringing Josie to full health. Nicholas uses his last breath to take her down to 2 health remaining.

I've got Sudema and a Crypt Guardian vs. Josie on top of the tomb, which is no longer tolling because the Clock Maker is dead (again).

Josie one shots the Crypt Guardian, leaving only Sudema. I decide to hop her onto the wound glyph instead of taking a stone stare chance. If I can just survive 2 rounds...

But of course, I roll a 1. Sudema takes her first wound.

Josie puts another 2 wounds on Sudema, and things look dire...

C'mon Stare of Stone...

20's all around! Sudema wins the game, the last unit on the board. Hurray Sudema!

I just want to note my system for transporting this map, as well:

With 2 white boards you can easily transport the 2 halves of the huge map and slide them together when the time comes.

Hope you have enjoyed this battle report! Maybe I'll actually get my new friends to come over so I can have an epic 7 player game some day...

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:49 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: The Clock Maker's Tomb

Awesome, thanks for sharing!!
Old October 6th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Clock Maker's Tomb

This looked like a ton of fun! I might try to steal the idea.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports