Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Is the glyph of Ivor too powerful?
Yes 12 54.55%
No 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM

Startoker has disabled reputation
Glyph of Ivor

Recently I totally decimated my friends after landing the glyph of Ivor. They argued that this glyph is too powerful and that I was able to "pick off" the competition before anyone could get into range to kill me or take the glyph away. However, I landed the glyph by taking it away from someone else. The general consensus was that we should play without this glyph. So I was wondering what everybody else thinks.
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The short answer...yes.
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:40 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
I don't find it too powerful. You just have to use good tactics when playing againist it.

Old September 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Balancing the playing field is always important when using/placing glyphs. When using the symbol side up, randomness can easily shift the balance. Power side up and proper placement can prove to balance out the glyphs' powers.
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:46 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Ivor is powerful to an extent..and it can be devastating when combined with a ranged army...

but is it powerful?
overall? somewhat...if ye using agents..than aye..or archers...but they have their opposites so it all depends.

do I use it much?
no every game where it's come into play randomly it has been a killer..

should it have an opposing glyph? aye it should say a glyph that negates all normal ranged attacks against melee units...

would I use that one? likely not..

than again I dont play glyphs to much as they tend to overpower the game in all forms..

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
Ya, glyphs are too powerful. The only ones I use are:
Mitonsoull
Erland
Kelda
Revive
Wind
Lodin
Dagmar
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
i think most of the glyphs are too powerful. So that's why we use glyph pads. When someone steps ona glyph pad. All the pads change to whatever is rolled.

roll a D20 as soon as you step on a pad and see what you get

1-11 curse. massive curse only effects players that are on glyph pads
2-12 Wind
3-13 Defense +1
4-14 Move +2
5-15 init +8
6-16 Range +4
7-17 Defense +2
8-18 Attack +1
9-19 D20 +1
20-10 Summon

this works good, and makes it so someone can't hold a power too long. If someone is on something that helps them to much, just jump on a different pad and change it. Glyph stays that way till someone resteps on a pad. Always the curse chance as well, which makes some risk to steping on a pad. Fun to put them on lava fields as well. make people step off.
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey, as soon as hasbro comes out with the "no normal ranged attack" glyph, we will be set. Give us that one and a lava walk one and a landmine one. These three concepts have been pitched and playtested so many times by all of us here, I simply cannot understand why hasbro won't make them. It's not like they create goofy interactions. MORE GLYPHS DANG IT!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:34 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Glyph of Ivor is too powerful imo.

If ivor would be range +2 and valda would be move +4 for melee only, than ivor would be more balanced. But this way... I tried glyph of ivor in some games, but wonīt play it anymore. much to overpowered.

Bye, Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
I vote against the lava walk glyph idea. The Obsidian Guards don't need to be COMPLETELY neutered.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old September 11th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
i think most of the glyphs are too powerful. So that's why we use glyph pads. When someone steps ona glyph pad. All the pads change to whatever is rolled.

roll a D20 as soon as you step on a pad and see what you get

1-11 curse. massive curse only effects players that are on glyph pads
2-12 Wind
3-13 Defense +1
4-14 Move +2
5-15 init +8
6-16 Range +4
7-17 Defense +2
8-18 Attack +1
9-19 D20 +1
20-10 Summon

this works good, and makes it so someone can't hold a power too long. If someone is on something that helps them to much, just jump on a different pad and change it. Glyph stays that way till someone resteps on a pad. Always the curse chance as well, which makes some risk to steping on a pad. Fun to put them on lava fields as well. make people step off.
Sounds fun, NWO! A bit tedious to keep track of?
Old September 11th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
I vote against the lava walk glyph idea. The Obsidian Guards don't need to be COMPLETELY neutered.

Seriously though it works pretty well on a lava map. If the guy you have standing on the glyph gets killed, all the ones in the lava are in deep trouble. It's not without risk. We've had a lot of fun with it.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion