Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Valkrill

This was my second thought (right behind "I wonder if they will release the cards for Marvel Wave 1 and maybe other unreleased prototypes seeing as it no longer matters").

Like, seriously. They release like 5 units under a new general and then call it quits? It makes no sense at all.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I am sad to see this new evil go away officially. That doesn't mean I won't buy D3 regardless of how mad I am. I am still getting my mezzos, my bugbears and everything else.

On another note, good thing I ordered Orm's Return before it goes away forever

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
This was my second thought (right behind "I wonder if they will release the cards for Marvel Wave 1 and maybe other unreleased prototypes seeing as it no longer matters").

Like, seriously. They release like 5 units under a new general and then call it quits? It makes no sense at all.
4. Not 5. Only 4.

Ecthelion
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:08 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am going to continue buying as much Scape as I can till it runs out or skyrockets. As for Valkrill, I had no problem till now. I usually prefer official Scape, no customs or changing official cards, but in this case, as soon as someone puts out some high quality Utgar cards for Valkrill's units, I will be printing them out.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I am sad to see this new evil go away officially. That doesn't mean I won't buy D3 regardless of how mad I am. I am still getting my mezzos, my bugbears and everything else.

On another note, good thing I ordered Orm's Return before it goes away forever

Agreed about Valkrill. Ah well, at least their are people printing out Valkrill's cards to go to Utgar, so the design team's work doesn't go to waste!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Remember, Valkrill was envisioned months (if not almost a year) ago. Heroscape was discontinued today. Of course it looks like a bad decision now, but at the time and with the ongoing storyline (which will be fleshed out just a bit more), it was a good idea.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Remember, Valkrill was envisioned months (if not almost a year) ago. Heroscape was discontinued today. Of course it looks like a bad decision now, but at the time and with the ongoing storyline (which will be fleshed out just a bit more), it was a good idea.

Heh. I was waiting to see what you guys had in store for Valkrill!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Any insight on how many guys you were designing at the time you heard this news? Was it going to be wave D4 and D5 or was it shifting back to classic?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Any insight on how many guys you were designing at the time you heard this news? Was it going to be wave D4 and D5 or was it shifting back to classic?
As with every wave, we had plans for both D&D and classic. We had figures mapped out for D4 or the next classic wave depending on what we could do. The door to classic was never truly closed (until today I suppose), we were always pushing for it.

While we had some initial figures laid out, we had not started designing anything for the next wave. We were waiting on the official decision which we found out about 4 hours before everyone else.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I was a 6-general Heroscape fan and still am now. When Valkrill was released I dislike the idea of adding a 7th and I think it messed a lot of cool things up - color thoery, Heroscape having several 6 numbered things (hex), Heroscape kinda-perfect (IMO) diversity. I still don't quite understand any major difference(s) between him and Utgar. I think the designers added him to add another new general to the game to form some more excitement. And maybe to give another new flash to the D&D things. I would have strongly suggested something different but I've already posted that in a fair amount of detail.

Now that Heroscape is discontinued, Valkrill will float with only 4 units (all squads, however). Personally, I like Heroscape at 6 generals for a number of reasons and I believe I'll pretend Valkrill is simply a sub-general within Utgar. Or, more extremely, an alternative is seeing the four squads as all for Utgar.

But nothing against the designers at all. All of the Valkrill units are awesome, and will make cool Utgar or subUtgar or Valkrill, or whatever I'll like to pretend or go by, additions to 'scape.

Last edited by Cleon; November 3rd, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

While I am curious to hear the story idea nehind Valkrill, I feel he's just not necessary.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
While I am curious to hear the story idea nehind Valkrill, I feel he's just not necessary.
Here

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion