Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 30th, 2023, 06:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Helmaverse League International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice. I wish C3G allowed point mechanics like that.
You should run a C3G card with those mechanics if there's a good fit. Doubt anyone will stop you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 4th, 2023, 08:26 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Love the changes to Abra & have updated the design. I will do up a card for him soon.

As for Booster Gold. I love the flavour of the power but not the implementation. I have to agree with @Sherman Davies . Cost is a game balance mechanic only & doesn't represent anything of the actual character.

As I said I do love the flavour of so don't give it up lets see if we can make something else work. As you said you have used the attack value before so why not use that again? Maybe something like:

Quote:
FOR THE GLORY
If Booster Gold wounds a Unique Hero figure with an attack value on its card that is more than Booster Gold's attack value, he may take one additional turn.
Thank you for the wording edit of Shield Belt.
Believe me, I completely understand the reaction to the proposed usage of points in a special power. Lil'Helm did win me over for this character and this character only simply because of the Fantasy Sports aspect. What I mean is, in the future of a superhero universe, it is quite possible that heroes were "valued" like athletes are in fantasy sports. Booster Gold and Skeets may easily look at Doctor Doom and say "he's valued at 245 points and worth my pursuit of glory".

With that said, I do agree that it would be breaking a barrier that we never have before. I don't buy Sherman's argument though that the original designers had more than enough opportunity to do this but chose to distinguish unique hero from common squad instead. That's not really about distinguishing power levels since some unique heroes are worth 10 points and way less dangerous than some common figures. A more likely similarity would be figures who get bonuses based on size but that really limits the field as there is a low percentage that aren't medium.

I also don't think there was ever a thematic figure that was specifically chasing glory so they wouldn't necessarily have come up against the idea as we have. In the end though, both Lil'Helm and I agree that crossing that new boundary can be avoided by going the route A3n suggests with the Attack value. It gets to the same point with roughly the same amount a figures with just a few heroes switching from one side to the other. For example he gets the bonus against Cap and Giant Man but loses it against Magneto and Iron Man. We are OK with those swaps.

FOR THE GLORY
If Booster Gold wounds a Unique Hero figure with an attack value on its card that is more than the attack value on Booster Gold's card, he may take one additional turn.

I think we need to specify that the comparison is the values on the card otherwise Booster Gold's attack value changes with bonuses and it becomes unclear as to what you are comparing.
Old April 5th, 2023, 08:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The pitchforks and torches got to you.
Old April 5th, 2023, 08:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Stick to your guns! Do it for the glory!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 7th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I updated the wording on the latest Booster Gold write up on post # 68. It now reads exactly like this:

BOOSTER GOLD
DC

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
SELF-ABSORBED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 6
RANGE 4
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 4

COST 190

FOR THE GLORY
If Booster Gold wounds a Unique Hero figure with an attack value on its card that is more than the attack value on Booster Gold's card, he may take one additional turn.

SHIELD BELT
When Booster Gold rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Booster Gold’s movement, ignore elevations. Booster Gold may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Booster Gold starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

-----------------

Edit: Added the hyphen to the personality "self-absorbed" to be grammatically correct.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 18th, 2023 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 8th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice
Old November 1st, 2023, 10:01 PM
Captain Underpants

It's been a looooong time for me. The year has seen some ups and some downs in the Helm family but I imagine the same goes for everyone else. With the Helmsgiving tourney a possibility at the end of the month I hope I get the juices flowing again and find the time to get in here a bit.

I hope the A3n household is enjoying some good times.
Old November 18th, 2023, 11:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Actually got a little play testing in today and decided to try out my favorite of the newest A3n designs which I will recopy right here:

AVALANCHE
MARVEL

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
MERCENARY
DESTRUCTIVE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 5

AVALANCHE FORCE
When rolling attack dice for his normal attack, add 1 additional die to Avalanche's attack for each obstacle and destructible object on a space adjacent to the targeted figure. All hits rolled also count as hits rolled against any destructible objects adjacent to the targeted figure.

SEISMIC WAVES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
Choose the first figure on each of the 6 straight lines from Avalanche to attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. After resolving this attack, move each small and medium chosen figures 1 space in a straight line away from Avalanche. Each figure that cannot be moved receives 1 wound. Figures moved by this attack will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

----------------------

We liked the way he plays and estimated his cost at around 150. Depending on your desired power level for him, you could consider increasing his Life to 5 but that would also come with a cost increase to about 170. Most of our Mutants do have a Life of 5 but obviously it is not a hard rule as the playability of the character is much more important than confining ourselves to parameters. Lil'Helm and I just didn't link if you wanted him to be a minor low cost figure or more of low end middle level character. We could live either way as neither of us is all that knowledgable about Avalanche.

In summary, the power set is fun and easily understandable in mechanics and theme. We haven't really checked the wording compared to official language used in the past but the write up does seem to be clear as written.

Overall, great job on the design and he is welcomed in the HelmAverse. We are even going to let him be available for the draft next weekend when we have our annual Helmsgiving family tournament.

------------
Edit: increased life to 5 and points to 170.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 19th, 2023 at 07:53 PM.
Old November 19th, 2023, 06:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Cool.

Glad you got to test him out. I actually like the idea of boosting his life to 5 & the cost of 170 is probably a good spot for him.

I lost 2 of my hard-drives on my computer a few months ago & with it the apps, templates & space I need for creating HS cards. This has prohibited me from doing any creative work on my computer. Sadly due to money issues cannot fix this for a little while. So I cannot create a card for him at the moment as it will probably be a little while before I can do anything creative again on my computer.
Old November 19th, 2023, 07:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry to hear that, A3n. Hope you get things sorted out soon.

Matt, I'm no A3n but hopefully you can use this temp version for your Helmsgiving tourney:

Old November 19th, 2023, 07:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Sherman - Holy clutch Batman! Sherman you are the king. Lil'Helm has been experimenting with software to get us some temporary cards for a few designs and has actually done an excellent job for a guy with absolutely no card art experience. We were worried about using scratch paper versions as the other family members probably wouldn't draft anyone that didn't have a card.

But this is quite amazing of you to do for us. That card will definitely work for our tournament. We bow to your greatness Sherman. Bring on the Avalanche!

A3n- That's awful. I'm so sorry that you've run into this computer hard drive issue. I really hope that you didn't lose anything important, and trust me, heroscape templates aren't important in real life.

I seem to take my heroscape friends for granted. I disappear from the site for months on end and always selfishly hope that everyone will be in the same spot they were when I left. Unfortunately life happens to all of us and games must take a backseat. I hope you and your family are doing OK out there in the real world.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations