Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 12th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Livewire (Amanda Mckee) (Public Playtesting)

Final clause forbids bonding, so Robot turn chains should be out.

First bullet essentially allows you to attack with any figure that moved on your turn, other than the figure you revealed a marker on. So Martian Manhunter, Apollo, Cable, Ra's (I), Captain Marvel (Carol), and as you pointed out, Robot, are all some figures she can have that direct synergy with. She obviously synergizes with Eternal Warrior as he gets tons of free moves on the player turn as well. Robot already being a strong figure may present a case for dialing back the change made when I tried her out with Ra's.
Old January 12th, 2020, 03:50 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I just meant Robot allowing a heavy hitter to move AND attack along with his turn. Pretty potent. Just weird that her power basically removes the restriction that allows abilities like that to not be overpowered. Not saying that SHE is overpowered, since it has plenty of restrictions, but it’s just a really weird power. I’d have to look over Eternal Warrior’s card again, so if there’s more synergy on more Valiant guys it makes more sense.
Old January 12th, 2020, 03:55 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And that's possible. Those are the guys that probably require the most testing. Originally, the figure who revealed the marker was unable to move, so that's a dial that can turn, as well as limiting it to figure turn vs player turn. That can help some of those situations if we feel its necessary.

Robot is probably the standout to test, as a lot of those other guys aren't cheap (300 point minimum) and with Livewire herself running over 200 points, you're already down over half a typical army. And yeah, the only once per round definitely helps it.
Old January 16th, 2020, 11:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

She is super weird and complicated. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or not seeing it, but her ability is so complex I read it a million times, and even now after playing two games I couldn't explain it without reading it yet again. And it has so many restrictions that everything has to line up perfectly. But if we make it any easier to use, a Robot army would dominate (Seriously, look at my first turn of game two! Holy cow!).

Maybe another tester would have better luck, but I don't see a great army type for her. The second army I used looked like the best possible pairing, and it still was lackluster!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Livewire

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Livewire, Captain America, Blob, Angel, Jean Grey (895)

Vs.

Nightwing, Changeling, Raven, Starfire, Kid Flash (900)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Livewire, Robot, Nebula, Lady Deathstrike, Angel

Vs

Fan Four

Spoiler Alert!

[/B]
[/spoiler]

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:

She’s weird. The first game I wanted to test her with Angel and Jean, which worked but wasn’t anything special. Blob shut down the Titan ALMOST long enough for them to gain the upper hand, but once Blob fell they had no chance. The second game, Livewire showed her true power. Which in reality is just making a bunch of crazy movement comboes, and then possibly getting off an attack. While I built that second army I was convinced that was the best possible army for her, lots of robots for her to attack through, and lots of movement and Vengeful Strikes. It all hardly mattered aside from gaining high ground quicker. I’m not convinced she’s a great leader, plus her Special Attack doesn’t really matter since she actively doesn’t want Order Markers, and the other team just didn’t care to shoot at her. I’d rather kill the guys with the big attack, she didn’t feel like a risk at all. I don’t want to make her ability easier to use, or drop her points too much, because she could easily become broken, with her best ally, Robot, being one of the best units in the game!

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Her command power is extremely finicky, and underwhelming since things have to be absolutely perfect for it to work. And honestly, I don’t see myself using her often because it’s so complicated. I had to re-read her card nearly every single turn to make sure I was using it correctly. I really thought she would dominate the second game, and they were pulverized. Sure the Fan Four are swingy and they had decent luck, but I can’t help but think Livewire didn’t add much to the army. I’d rather have Blob or something as support for the Deathstrike/Nebula firepower. Or the obvious Captain America for only a few points more. I’m not sure on this one.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Book Wyrm

So here's an idea that has been come up with to streamline power one and make her more clearly straightforward, and open up the new direction for XO:

Quote:
UNITY STRIKES
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, you may either:
- choose a Unique Hero you control that moved but did not attack this turn. Attack with that Hero.
- reveal an "X" Order Marker on a card in your army. Move a Hero in your army up to 4 spaces. It will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
You may not take any additional turns with figures you control after using this special power.
Keeps the multiattacks the faction can benefit from, keeps things a bit simpler overall, and allows us to give XO a movement power allowing more people to trigger off this.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:36 AM
...has moist legs

Cool!
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Looking at it again, I might switch the second bullet to this:

reveal an "X" Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control. You may move a figure you control within 4 spaces of that Hero up to 4 spaces. It will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

A little bit less wordy, but it makes the movement a bit more tactically interesting, and makes the X reveal a little less arbitrary?

I can probably run a couple of sets with that version soon, long weekend ahead.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:46 AM
Book Wyrm

Sounds good to me. SW has some results as well with the current version. Would we count me rerunning tests (after my current sign up) with this new version as valid to close things out instead of waiting on a fourth tester because of the change?
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think if neither of us have any issues, we'll probably be fine.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:50 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Sounds good to me. SW has some results as well with the current version. Would we count me rerunning tests (after my current sign up) with this new version as valid to close things out instead of waiting on a fourth tester because of the change?
No issue there!
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think if neither of us have any issues, we'll probably be fine.
SW's is pre this update. Are we saying after your set with this version good, or get one extra? Just making sure I'm following.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

I'm thinking two more sets - if you rerun a set and I run a fresh set, we should be good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library