23rd 0 0%
30th 9 75.00%
Can't make it 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th, 2008, 11:05 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Socal Gameday in Alhambra (LA county)

I stumbled upon some socal people talking about putting something together and decided steps had to be taken to jump start the group. With that in mind I plan on hosting a gameday at my place where I have a recroom with lots of table space and even more importantly: there is air conditioning.

I have the space and terrain, but others are welcome to bring some of their stuff too.

The date is optional, either the 23rd or 30th of August. There is a poll to work this out. Day with the most votes will be the one I go with.

It will be on the 30th! 10or12 - late

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...

Last edited by Detrimentalman; August 19th, 2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:16 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker
Re: Socal Gameday in Alhambra (LA county)

I just found out that I have a family reunion on the 23rd, so if I go it'll have to be the 30th.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Heh - taking the kids on the plane back to Washington State on the 23rd and I've got a good friend's wedding on the 30th. Things should be less crazy after August so I'll have to catch up with you all at the next one...
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I'll vote for the 30th.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Doesn't hurt me any so the 30th it is!

How are the Skorne coming along boom?

DWARVES!
Old July 18th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

The which?

Oh yeah, coming along nicely.... yeah, that's the ticket.

Seriously, I gotta get crackin'. I was on vacation 'til yesterday, so I'll see if I can fire up the engines this weekend.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

Old July 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Well looks like you have a little bit more than a month.

Back on Topic...

How prevalent is wave 8 going to be at the tourney? I haven't picked any up yet, and so will be fearing the new units...

DWARVES!
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I don't have any either. By the way will there be some set standard for points?

aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Well I wasnt actually doing a tourny. If people want to do one ,then I have the sheets, but I dont have any kind of prize table planned. 400-500 are standard point sets, but we can always do more or less. Not to mention I am not even sure who is holding the trophy. We should wait and see how many people we get before deciding.

I dont have wave 8 yet. When there was nothing planned for comic con I decided to just wait till i see them. Hard to justify the money when you havent played for months.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old July 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Beware the Curse

I've wave 8 and 8.5. Haven't played with them yet and probably won't before next month, so can't offer any opinions on them. You all have nothing to fear.

Old July 19th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
Well I wasnt actually doing a tourny. If people want to do one ,then I have the sheets, but I dont have any kind of prize table planned. 400-500 are standard point sets, but we can always do more or less. Not to mention I am not even sure who is holding the trophy. We should wait and see how many people we get before deciding.

I dont have wave 8 yet. When there was nothing planned for comic con I decided to just wait till i see them. Hard to justify the money when you havent played for months.
I think what most of us have decided (at least those I talk to on a normal basis) and a game day is fine by me! Maybe play something more than 'scape, I will bring over some Wings of War if anyone is interested

DWARVES!
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:53 AM

Does anybody have an AA set they would bring to sell it to me for $18.00 (I think that's how much it costs).

aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events