Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:58 AM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
Question Hi I am new Need some advice

Hello! I am a new member (as of five minutes ago) and was prompted to join after my Rise of the Valkyrie set arrived today for $15

However, this is the only Heroscape thing I have, and it is the first edition. I used to loooove heroscape, but our entire collection "technically" belonged to my brother, and, despite my pleadings, he sold the entire collection, 5 sets of jungle and all . So, 3 years later, I really wanted to get back into gaming, and decided to of course start with a master set.

I have about 100 dollars to buy whatever I want. I am familiar with almost all of the sets (as we used to have almost all of them) But that was a long time ago, and I wanted to see if anyone felt really strongly about one expansion or another. Cheers.
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hi I am new Need some advice

I think there are lots of ways to go, especially if you've played before and have favorite units already. Off the top of my head here are my suggestions. I tried to go with fun, inexpensive units and add some more terrain in. I would check the sale/trade thread here, as you may find someone willing to give you good deals.

On top of this, I'd look to make some of your own line of sight blockers to add to the map. There are lots of threads with advice on this.
Just a rough estimate on the prices I'd be looking for.
Swarm of the Marro (terrain and cool figures) (30)
2 packs of Soldiers and Wolves (20-25)
Heroes of Lindesfarme (20-25)
2 packs of Golem and Wyrmlings (20-30)
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Spend $100 at Auggies on your favorite units and terrain.
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1-2 Swarm of the Marro. That will give you a fairly good Stinger army, and lots of terrain! For a cheap, fun army, you should buy 6-7 squads of Venoc Vipers and a Venoc Warlord.
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would browse the trade threads on this site. A lot of times people will give you better deals for their used stuff than you would get from a reseller.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This guy has a good amount of stuff:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48907
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Another good idea is, if you're wiling to use custom, is buy a SOTM, and then fill out the rest with C3V/SoV figures, which tend to be cheaper than heroscape units.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Someone here (can't remember who) advised (when I was also Wondering What To Buy): Get Wave 1. Relatively cheap (although I think Romans aren't), good synergy with the ROTV units.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:48 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wave 1 is probably the best looking (?) figures around. Romans, Gruts, Robots and Vipers all added different elements to the game. The heros were perfect additions to the full game at the time with Tornak fitting nicely beside Grimnack and the Blade Gruts, Marcus matching the Romans, Mittens powering up the Vipers.

That being said...Auggies or the trade Forum is the best place to go looking.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; July 10th, 2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Forgot the other heros that were in it! I'm getting older by the day.
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
Another good idea is, if you're wiling to use custom, is buy a SOTM, and then fill out the rest with C3V/SoV figures, which tend to be cheaper than heroscape units.
Most, although not all, of the C3V/SoV stuff is more affordable than the majority of Classic stuff. That's a big part of why my C3V/SoV collection is bigger than my Classic collection.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Most, although not all, of the C3V/SoV stuff is more affordable than the majority of Classic stuff. That's a big part of why my C3V/SoV collection is bigger than my Classic collection.
But...if you plan to play tournaments, you generally need Classic Scape. That, and Classic scape is generally better and more balanced than the customs. The beauty of Classic scape is that there was almost no power creep, a hard thing to do with miniatures games, but there were simply MORE, DIFFERENT units. An Arrow/Blade/Swog/Grimnak army can still hold its own against a Wave 9 army.

Very, very skillful designers were required to do that.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
But...if you plan to play tournaments, you generally need Classic Scape. That, and Classic scape is generally better and more balanced than the customs. The beauty of Classic scape is that there was almost no power creep, a hard thing to do with miniatures games, but there were simply MORE, DIFFERENT units. An Arrow/Blade/Swog/Grimnak army can still hold its own against a Wave 9 army.

Very, very skillful designers were required to do that.
VC Customs are very balanced, mind you.

Though it's true that some/most tournaments don't allow VC units yet...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion