Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
30 Days

My clock says 30 days so many hours until the doors open at 10 AM. That’s close enough for me….

For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. That is the exploration that awaits you... not playing Scape for 96 straight hours and gathering LARPer Funk... but charting the unknown possibilities of gaming.

30 Days until the Best Four Days in Gaming.

If you are lucky enough to be going, consider the following. Look beyond the Halls of Valhalla. Take the time to EMBRACE this living beast that is GenCon. Even if for one brief moment consider all the other possibilities of gaming existence. You never know what undiscovered gem is waiting for you to discover it. Revel is the diversity of the Geek, the Dweebe, the social introvert, and the main stream cooperate sell out. (Even the Booth Babes and Girls in chain mail if you must) This is a time and a place where ALL are welcomed and respected. Become one with the masses. Thrive off its energy and give your own to help it grow. What ever the reason you are going whether it is to do battle and lay waste to your enemies and walk away as the grand champion or pick up the latest game…..no matter win or lose or new game in hand or not……….ENJOY IT! This only happens once a year. Before you know it four days will be gone in the blink of an eye or a roll of a die. Savor each waking moment.

Please take to heart the above, and annual , comments. Scape won’t be around forever. It’s a “gateway” game designed to get you into the hobby. Take the time to do just that.

Most importantly what ever you do HAVE FUN doing it. Stay up too late, only get 4 hours of sleep a night, and get together in “Meat Space” with your virtual friends. And for everyone’s sake SHOWER every day.

Game ON!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 30 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
... And for everyone’s sake SHOWER every day.

Game ON!
It never fails when I sit down for lunch or a snack that a hydrophobic troglodyte will sure enough sit down at the table next to me.
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

RetLaw - that is why I bring all my own snacks and just eat where ever is easiest for me - at the scape center in between rounds basically!

I agree with it all Hahn - I am looking forward to exploring the place this year and not just scape, vendors hall , and game library.

Although that is still my main focus. I am not ready to dress up just yet, but I was thinking I should have a camera?

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I was thinking I should have a camera?
Not even counting the costumes, having a camera means that you can get pictures like this:

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[quote=Hendal;870668]I agree with it all Hahn - I am looking forward to exploring the place this year and not just scape, vendors hall , and game library./quote]

You mean we might actually get some Battleball in this year?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I was thinking I should have a camera?
Not even counting the costumes, having a camera means that you can get pictures like this:

Jim
That was Jenny BEFORE she was scared s h i t less by the Rabid Saturday Fan Bois.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

BattleBall - hhmmm - Hendal Like BattleBall -- OK yes then, that is a splendid Idea if I do say so myself, but you said it first so it is still a good idea.

I am in.

Jim - did you crop that photo, I remember more clevage? OK, your right a camera is a must.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Hahn, each year you post this I can’t help but feel it is directed at me.

You know I am committed for the duration of the events. I will do a fly by in the hall at some point and pick up a copy of Tomb: Cryptmaster.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Huge Fanboy

Why would you say that?

And if you ever followed my advice then I would not have to post it year, after year, after year.......

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Um, Jim, the picture you posted was seriously flawed. The point of aim was about 10 inches too high.

I, for one, am soaking up all the 'scape I can, and with the exception of the "Main Event" I am playing every last one I can. There's plenty of time to Game-it-Up with bro's and ho's after hours, and the less time I spend on the floor, the less currency that will flood from my wallet.

And you, Sir Hahn, are going to be in drunken stupor with me for the entire time.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
And you, Sir Hahn, are going to be in drunken stupor with me for the entire time.
You heard it here first....SuperFly is buying my beer all long.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

He needs to take out a second mortgage then.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con