Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM

ub3rb3n_ullar has disabled reputation
Protectors of Ullar Question

I have a question about combined arbalest. Say the protectors attack a sqaud who has 1 life and the protector rolls 3 skulls and the squad rolls 1 defense does the 2nd protector attacking get 2 extra dice or only 1 extra dice since the squad only has 1 life.

What I think is he would get 2 extra dice since on the parmeno card it says "if the sacred band takes 1 or more wounds" meaning a squad can be wounded more then 1 time. Saying that say eldgrim has 1 life left and I roll 3 skulls he rolls 1 defense I believe I would get 2 extra attack dice for the next protector attack but my opponents dont believe so....
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Protectors of Ullar Question

Protectors only get to use Combined Arbalest on multi life heroes, since the following protectors have to attack the same unit to get the bonuses. The question "can squads take more than one wounds" was answered by The Rules Team in response to this thread; the gist of the 2 is that squads cannot take more than one wound, and things like Sacred Band Defy Death and Stealth Suit ignore wounds, making it like one had never been inflicted.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: clarity, synopsis
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

What he said.
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

The only way attacking the same one life figure could possibly be a problem is if a protector attacks a Sacred Band, inflicts a wound, Parmenio succeeds with Death Defy, and brings him back. If you attack him with another protector this turn, technically, it is attacking the same figure that you inflicted a wound on earlier this turn.

In that situation, I would say that it is the same figure, so you would get the boosted attack.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoom45 View Post
In that situation, I would say that it is the same figure, so you would get the boosted attack.
While you are attacking the same figure, the SB never received a wound since it was ignored and the protector would not get an attack bonus.

Old October 24th, 2009, 09:12 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Obsidian is correct - If Parmenio saves a Greek with Defy Death the wounds are ignored, and as such never inflicted. They would not contribute towards the next Protector's attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units