Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Who is the best Movement Helper?
Atlaga 26 41.94%
Marcus 36 58.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM

Samurai is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Unit Debate #28 -- Atlaga Vs. Marcus

Honstely, I think that Atlaga is a better unit for actual combat. His flying, range and four attack are better than Marcus's basic stats. However, my vote was for Marcus beacuse he is good in so many army builds, and the fact that he has units that can bond with him.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM

JohnT161 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Atlaga is good but... Marcus is better!
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM

Astronaut Jones is surprisingly tart

If a bolt works out it can almost win a game in itself but I'll still go with Marcus. Marcus enhances better units, he can bond with them, and gives an adjacency bonus. I like Atlaga but Marcus is better.

"Whoa hold on! There's still plenty of meat on that bone."
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
On the whole though, I like Atlaga better. HIs movement bonus is worth more when you're adding a space to a flying figure that doesn't have to count elevation.
While an extra movement on a flying figure may be "worth more" than a non flying figure, an extra move on non-flying figure is more crucial. The Romans would just be too slow with four move, especially on rocky terrain.

Atlaga is a commando/cheerleader. He can deal a fair amount of damage, but lack of bonding means that you will be taking turns with his boosted squads instead of him. His bolt of Witherwood is a fun power, but not very reliable.

Marcus has the amazing combo of bonding and attack enhancement. That functionality is just too good. For my playing style, I have to go with Marcus.

I wish someone would tell Atlaga that when he plays me! After podwest witherwooded my Braxas at hexes in texas it brought Atlagas record to 4/4 against me with witherwood....he has never ever failed it against me..
I tend to like heroes so he scares me to death haha

Now to be on topic, Ide go with Atlaga just because minions with one extra move is huge, not to mention the EI get a little bit better with that plus stealth flying.

Dustin
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Close, but I'll say Atlaga. The kyrie need extra move more than the soldiers, and witherwood makes him a deadly warrior. (Trust me, it doesn't fail as often as you think it does. Just look at my bolted Krug from my last tourney!)
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Voted Marcus because I like using him with the 10th.

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units