Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:37 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Reading Tournament Report

I headed out to another tournament down in Reading, hoping for some success, a big turnout, great prizes, and most importantly, alot of fun. I got...2 of them. You'll find out which as the report progresses.

It was a 550 point tournament, General Specific(Vydar/Aquilla were mercenaries.). You chose 400 points of your army before each round, and played with those 400 points for that round.

My army was...(Yes, I was shooting for alot of fun. Maybe too much..) :
150 - Anubian Wolves x2
330 - Stingers x3
380 - Marro Warriors
400 - Marcu
500 - Krav Maga Agents
550 - Dumutef Guards x2

Round 1:
Opponent: I forget his name, but he was a nice guy with a mean army.
Opponent's Army: Stingers x2, Rats x2, Cyprien, Marro Warriors
Map: Broken Skyline
My Army: Anubians x2, Stingers x3, Marro Warriors, Marcu

I won initiative starting out, and immidiately disliked the way the map felt. Marro Warriors took to the field first, but only killed one stinger before succumbing to the(seeming) horde. I didn't know which way to go, I was so pinned in by the rats. They had me trapped all over the place, and it seemed like there was at least 16 of them(When in reality, there was only 8.). My Stingers had a massive uphill battle against the Reavers and Stingers, and they fought it out bravely. They very heavy losses, though. I also lost a few wolves. Then Cyprien flew in and finished the job. Marcu tried to take him down, but he betrayed me and all was lost. 0-1, +150 Points

Round 2:
Opponent: Todd
Opponent's Army: Stingers x6, Su-Bak-Na
Map: Ice Blossom
My Army: Same as Round 1

I was using the Anubians on Snow. I dunno where my head was... Todd was very nice the entire way through, though, and it turned out to be a very good game. My Stingers ended up besting most of his, taking the high ground and killing them before they killed me. I took out 5 squads of stingers with my own 3 squads plus the Marro Warriors. The Anubians jumped on him and finished off two more stingers. I had a wolf and Marcu left when the buzzer sounded, and I felt like I had a shot at taking him down with some luck. Oh well...I had alot of fun, mostly because of the cheeryness and conversation throughout the match. 0-2, +370 Points

Round 3:
Opponent: Spidysox
Opponent's Army: Deathreavers x3, Stingers x3, Agent Carr
Map: Ember Canyon Road
My Army: Same as Rounds 1 and 2.

Everyone who had played on this map was bawling about how tough it was... I couldn't wait to play on it! I had drooled over it for awhile, just wishing I had that extra Road set to make it. As it turned out, my expectations were low compared to the awesomeness contained by this map. Anyway...

I sent out my Wolves straight onto the road this time, stealthily hidden below the canyon. I then immidiately retreated when I saw he was moving the stingers up his hill and I charged back to make a barricade from my start zome against his now-advancing rats. I moved my stingers up the hill and we exchanged shots for awhile. I occasionally popped an OM on the Wolves and killed a bunch of rats every time. But they just kept coming. This went on for 40 minutes, quite honestly. But it was incredibly fun. When he said to finish up our OM's, I knew this one was going to be insane close...so I attempted a Marro Clone, and failed.

I winced. I bit my nails. We counted. I had 145 points left.

He had 150.

I nearly fainted. This was definitely the lowest point in the tourny for me, now knowing I couldn't finish with a winning record, and losing so close. But it was really ironic how it happened, because Spidysox had just lost by 5 points in the last round. It lifted my spirits a bit, but I was still pretty frustrated. Oh wells...looking back, it was the funnest match of the tournament for me. Very contested(and congested ) 0-3, +620 Points

Round 4:
Opponent: Nightswipe
Opponent's Army: Krav Maga, Me-Burq-Sa, Stingers x4(?)
Map: Fire Isles
My Army: Krav Maga, Dumutef's x2, Stingers x3, Marcu, Marro Warriors

I decided to change my army up a little, since I didn't trust the wolves on this open board. Well, I started off great, using the Marro Warriors to kill two Krav and a few stingers. The Krav popped off the cap, though, and they went on fire, killing A TON of stingers, Me-Burq-Sa, and their counterparts of evil. The lady moved right beside my enemy white agent with her gun right beside his head, and killed him right there. If that isn't a headshot, I dunno what is. The stingers eventually surrounded and killed the Krav, but my remaining 9 stingers easily mopped up the guts of the remaining 3 stingers left over from the Krav's Massacre. 1-3, +1020 Points

Round 5:
I played Todd Again. Deathwalker 9k killed me. I didn't kill anything. Nothing. Nothing at all. Story of my tourney. 1-4, +1020 Points

So, I got 19th out of twenty. When I found out the only winless guy had lost his last match, I was like "Yeah, I didn't get last!" I got an Elves pack and alot of fun out of the experience.

I'm coming back with a vengeance next time, though...so WATCH OUT!

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:11 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Reading Tournament Report

Thanks for the report. It was an entertaining read.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That was indeed a great tournament. I totally agree with you that Ember Canyon road is a great map (I brought it for a reason ) even if other people don't like it. They always say ranged units have a huge advantage, but if they don't move on that last turn, 50% of them are likely to die. Not to mention that road is so much fun to use with melee armies.

There is a lot of honor in the army you brought. Frankly, I've been wanting to use wolves in a tournament myself, but I can't get a good point combination. I'm one of those players that wants to use the fun army, but winds up taking 4th mass. I comend you on the army choice!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
I got an Elves pack and alot of fun out of the experience.

I'm coming back with a vengeance next time, though...so WATCH OUT!
Oh, but if you haven't already heard, Nadom got 2nd(only reason for second was because of bonus championship round). Yep, went 5-1 with those silly things.
I did 1-4 on that one too, but three people did worse than me

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Entertaining Read. Always nice to hear about tournaments.
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Thanks everyone! And EP, I think I'm done with the fun for awhile. next tourny I'll actually use a terrifying army.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports