Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old November 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I still don't see the attraction of that meatless twig.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
It's an in-store deal and doesn't start until 12/7, but I thought this was a great sale....

Best Buy is giving a free Golden Compass movie ticket with purchase of:

-any extended edition LOTR movie ($12.99 each)
OR
-The Notebook, Pan's Labyrinth, or Snakes on a Plane ($7.99 each)
OR
-Wedding Crashers, Blow, or Tenacious D Pick of Destiny ($5.99 each)

If you are going to see Golden Compass, do the math and you'll see that unless you live in an area with really cheap tickets any of those 5.99 or 7.99 DVDs are a no-brainer buy, whether you want the movie or not. Just buy the DVD, use the ticket, and sell the DVD used somewhere or give it away to a friend that wants it. You'll have saved money on your movie ticket. I am buying Pan's Labyrinth to keep as it was one of my favorite films of recent years, but will likely also buy several copies of those $5.99 flicks so that the whole gang can come to the movies for cheap. Then I'll just sell a bunch of copies of "Blow" to a used DVD shop later and probably get a buck or two per copy, furthering my savings.

The $12.99 LOTR titles are more than a movie ticket in all but the priciest areas, but they are still a great price for, in my opinion, the best "director's cut" DVD sets around. Peter Jackson's extended edition of LOTR is THE version in my book. Leaps and bounds above the theatrical cut.
Been away from posting deals and some are a little late, but Wal-mart has the LotR movies for $9.00, which includes a movie ticket and a dvd with some stuff on it. The best deal that I found (which is over ) was at Target. They had The Wedding Crashers and The Notebook on sale Friday and Saturday for $3.88 which both included the free ticket for Golden Compass.

As for the Satanic themes, who cares. People who try to read too much into a book or a movie, tend to not enjoy it for what it is. People had similar complaints about the Chronicles of Narnia, saying it was too religious.

As for the Cyber Deal of the day (for those who do not have a 360), here ya go. EDIT: SOLD OUT

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8086958

Didn't really see a whole lot being offered besides a lot of free shipping options. No killer sales really.
The 9.99 is for the extended editions? That is a good deal.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM
has been BANNED

Re: great discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pehuskey
CS Lewis was a Christian that wrote from that slant, as well as purely religious works. Mere Christianity is a great book, deep and theological. The thing about people like Pullman is not what they believe. It's the way they so strongly attack what they profess to not believe. I personally do not believe in the Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy, but I don't constantly rail against them. Nor do I constantly assume that everyone that mentions them are trying to push their supposed reality on me. It's a curious thing isn't it?
Well put. I mean, I'm a heroscape player. Heroscape is pagan in it's storyline roots. I'm a Christian but I have no problem playing a game based in pagan mythology. I get that it's just a story.. it's just a game. But it's different with the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. There's a purpose there that is (even author stated) anti-Christ.. not just intellectual athiesm with the abillity to rationally discuss things, but passionate misplaced angry antagonsim towards what he calls "the allmighty".

Anyway, didn't mean to get everyone angry, just wanted to point out the roots. The name DrRansom is a Lewis tribute btw.

x2 sry.. good conversation
Not to stir the pot, but so what if it is Anti-Christ? I'm Christian, but I respect the right of others to say bad things about my God. That's their right. I don't have to believe it. Are people really so easily swayed? "Ya know, I was a life-long Catholic, but then I caught a matinee of that Compass movie and now it's Atheism all the way."
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:02 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Are people really so easily swayed? "Ya know, I was a life-long Catholic, but then I caught a matinee of that Compass movie and now it's Atheism all the way."
I didn't start practicing witchcraft until after I saw the Bewitched movie.
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Are people really so easily swayed? "Ya know, I was a life-long Catholic, but then I caught a matinee of that Compass movie and now it's Atheism all the way."
The problem is, people believe others are that easily swayed.

Old November 27th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weirdscaper
Quote:
That's like saying "I didn't take up gourmet cooking until I read 'The Silence of the Lambs'."
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM

chewbaccapits is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane

And if you want to find a good christian regardless of their religion, look for the one who follows this: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love on another. By this shall all men know that ye are my desciples, if ye have love one to another."
Exactly. This is the most important commandment, imo and I cannot believe most overlook it...Love your friend regardless of what they are or whom they worship! Live your life according to what you believe and if your friends like what you believe in them let them share your happiness...Too many of us Christians are far too worried about converting others when one has, yet, to fully realize their own spiritual journey. As far as the Golden Compass....Hmmm...I personally do not like supporting anything based on hate; Moreover, overt hate at that.

Raaaawwww
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's like saying "I didn't take up gourmet cooking until I read 'The Silence of the Lambs'."
That reminds me.

Ever see the movie Booty Call?

Scared the heck out of me.
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccapits
Too many of us Christians are far too worried about converting others when one has, yet, to fully realize their own spiritual journey.
...but but but... but... but getting into Heaven is like Amway...

Old November 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM

pehuskey has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
I think that the idea of a "Greater Being" or God of some sort is so outragious and unlikely, and I choose not to beleive in it.
That is if you subscribe to the simplistic Anthropomorphic God of little kid Sunday School classes that many denominations never grow their members past. There are alot of people that think of "God" as an old man with a white beard. They have created God in their image.

There was a German theologian, Paul Tillich. He contributed a lot to modern Methodist thought. Later in his life he developed ideas that eventually led to his falling from mainstream favor. The most impressive, to me, was his statement that God is not a being, but instead the essence of being. God is the thread sown through all that exists, allowing it to exist.
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:27 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ya know, Silence of the Lambs actually prompted me to try fava beans for the first time. I'd never even heard of them before that movie. They're quite good. Having them with liver and a nice glass of chianti, as Hannibal suggests, is an excellent meal.
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ya know, Silence of the Lambs actually prompted me to try fava beans for the first time. I'd never even heard of them before that movie. They're quite good. Having them with liver and a nice glass of chianti, as Hannibal suggests, is an excellent meal.
If you read the books, you'll see that Dr. Lecter has quite the refined taste. And if you remove the bit about using your neighbors instead of beef, chicken, or lamb you'd probably have plenty of good meals you could try out as suggested by the good doctor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales