Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 28th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Nice deal. Now you will have enough dice

I will pass on that, as I just preordered a bunch of Fallout Wasteland Warfare stuff. The Raiders core set, a set with 3 Raider bosses, a set with Assaultrons and Protectrons, and the wave 2 card set since they aren't putting cards in with the minis boxes anymore.

I already have the downed AT-ST, Bossak and Sabine, 2 Tauntons, Rebel Veterans x2, Shore Troopers x2 and 2 Dewbacks on preorder for Legion. I'm not getting into the Clone Wars era as those being 2 new factions, I don't want to have to spend a couple hundred more on getting those armies filled out. After my preordered stuff , I'm pretty much done buying new stuff for Legion, unless it's like C3PO and R2D2, or some really neat vehicles. Not getting any more squads.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Nice deal. Now you will have enough dice

I will pass on that, as I just preordered a bunch of Fallout Wasteland Warfare stuff. The Raiders core set, a set with 3 Raider bosses, a set with Assaultrons and Protectrons, and the wave 2 card set since they aren't putting cards in with the minis boxes anymore.

I already have the downed AT-ST, Bossak and Sabine, 2 Tauntons, Rebel Veterans x2, Shore Troopers x2 and 2 Dewbacks on preorder for Legion. I'm not getting into the Clone Wars era as those being 2 new factions, I don't want to have to spend a couple hundred more on getting those armies filled out. After my preordered stuff , I'm pretty much done buying new stuff for Legion, unless it's like C3PO and R2D2, or some really neat vehicles. Not getting any more squads.
Yeah. I figured for the dice and range/movement tools along with more core and support units it was totally worth it. I plan on picking up 1 of each of the other boosters as well. Ill probably fill out my rebel and Imperial lists before getting clone wars stuff. I like clone wars but filling out my pre existing factions will be a better call. Besides, by then some of that stuff may be hitting various sales such as black friday, etc. Its pretty cool that you got all those sets coming. I really love the fallout universe, Im just not sure how much Ill invest in that one yet. Im pretty pumped about the new shoretroopers. Lots of fun options to keep me busy with the new stuff. I might do some alternate paint schemes on the 4 new squads of storm troopers I get.....or just go cannon on all of it. Not sure yet. We'll see if I can speed paint the new ones as fast.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's probably better for you to round out your current Legion armies before diving into Clone Wars. Like you said, there may be some good sales down the road for Clone Wars stuff.

I have been playing a lot of Fallout 4 lately, so I'm getting extra incentive for Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I am almost done painting a Brotherhood of Steel mini, in between other projects. I'll have to give the game a try within the next couple months.

Old May 29th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here are a few things I've been working on lately.

A buddy asked me to paint up the components for his U-Boat game that he kickstarted. He didn't want too fancy, but something better than the plain one color plastic they came as. The pictures aren't the best, as the lighting kind of faded the colors somewhat, but here are some of the components.

I took a break from U-Boat to paint a model from the Brotherhood of Steel core set for Fallout Wasteland Warfare.

Old May 30th, 2019, 01:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive never heard of the uboat game, but its cool youare taking time to help a friend paint his stuff. That power armor looks great. Im a big fan of the gun too. I should get my 2 extra core boxes of legion this weekend. I may try speed painting them all this weekend. Im going to base coat the rebels like my other ones but in other shades of rattle can. Ill prime all the new storm troopers in white but I may do a couple squads in a shocktrooper color scheme with the red markings. I dont really think they will make any of those as a legit squad. Overall if the weather would stop raining I plan on getting a massive amount of models primed. Ive found that the easiest way to speed paint is prime the models in question with the color that is the most dominant on the model, for most cases anyways.

Old May 30th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks with regards to the power armor and his laser rifle. It was really fun to paint and I can't wait to get more finished.

U-Boat is a game that comes with a 3D printed cardboard sub, with plastic and resin pieces to add to the sub. There are also a lot of credit minis of kind of nother so detailed quality, that players will use to man different parts of the sub. The game uses an app and you have real life crew duties. The navigator has to really plot their course and you don't get an overview of where you are, just coordinates. You have to know when to dive, avoid depth charges, air attacks etc. It's super detailed and realistic. The guy that listens to the pings of sonar has to relate what he hears, as it's not available to everyone who's playing.

I'm charging my friend to paint these, but not a ton. Other than the one Fallout mini, I will basically have 3 weeks of my hobby time into this. My hobby time isn't what it used to be, so it's very precious to me and I have so many other things to work on so I can play with painted minis and terrain. I also don't want people in the game group to keep bugging me about painting their stuff. I'll be 52 on June 18th and don't know how much longer I will be painting. Hopefully until I'm 60, but who knows.

Sounds great that you will have a bunch more Legion models painted up soon. I can't speed paint, though I will be faster with my Imperial Scouts that I keep white, as I think one squad will be classic white and the other squad be forest colors.

As far as rebels, I like to paint several different skin tones to represent more different races and such. I also do eyes and can't stop now since I already started with earlier stuff. Then there's a lot of highlighting that I like to do. So I kind of mess myself up time wise with the way I do stuff, but it is what it is. But I'm far ahead with Legion stuff anyway, that I have more than enough options for two 800 point armies. I still have to paint the 3 member crew of the Landspeeder, as that has gotten delayed with the U-Boat stuff and one Fallout piece.

Old May 31st, 2019, 04:34 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
TREX, I haven't read much about Legion. What do you like about it compared it IA? I've played IA a couple times, but didn't care for it much since it encourages you to just rush through and take a bunch of hits in order to beat the scenario before the timer runs out. Also I felt the pace of the game was too slow (while rushing?? I know that it seems paradoxical...)
First. I actually never played the campaign side of things in imperial assault. I picked it up for the skirmish gameplay. I have almost every expansion for it as well. I like the combat fine. Everything about skirmish is great. My problem with it is the grid and the flat board for terrain. This led me to wanting to play it gridless. Which we did quite a few times. The problem with it was the line of sight never really worked out playing it off grid. I was hoping to finally get to play legion this weekend. Ive seen enough batreps, and read the rulebooks including the 50 page pdf to know that I will enjoy it. What I like about it from what I know is that you can play it on whatever terrain you like. I like that amount of immersion. You dont have a grid, which means I get to be creative with my terrain builds. I like the crafting and artistry just as much as playing. At first I was upset about the scale as it is a little bigger than my other minis. I quickly got over that once I started putting the beautiful models together. I just finished painting all the legion models I own up to this point. I already painted 78 models for the game. 2 core sets, 5 trooper expansions, and 5 hero boxes. The gameplay doesnt seem too complex yet still full of fun tactics. Now that Im caught up with my painting for it. For now. Ill likely post a bunch of pics of all the fun terrain.
I actually came here to ask you, TREX, about Imperial Assault. I thought that I remembered you having this game. I just wanted your thoughts on it because I wrestled with my self for days on weather I should buy it or not, considering it was on sale for such a cheap price ($39). This game isn't even on my wishlist but man that price just seems so good for all those minis. Anyway, I couldn't resist any longer and pushed that buy button. But I think that I still have time to back because it is on backorder. So the gameplay isn't great?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 31st, 2019, 06:26 PM
"like" happy

@keglo , I really like imperial assault. The skirmish was my favorite aspect of it. It also has a supporting app for campaigns and you can run it like a "dungeon crawl" with 1 player being the imps. Bottom line is, they stopped supporting it so what is out there is what you get. I have gotten into star wars legion and I feel it scratches that skirmish itch better for me. The IA models are 28mm so they go well with heroscape and such but I really love the wargaming aspect of legion. Also, the game of IA is played on a 2 domensional game board whereas legion is played on a 3d battlefield. They are both cool in their own ways though.
39 bucks is a great deal for what you get. I just picked up 2 more legion core sets for 49 each on sale.

Old May 31st, 2019, 07:24 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@keglo , I really like imperial assault. The skirmish was my favorite aspect of it. It also has a supporting app for campaigns and you can run it like a "dungeon crawl" with 1 player being the imps. Bottom line is, they stopped supporting it so what is out there is what you get. I have gotten into star wars legion and I feel it scratches that skirmish itch better for me. The IA models are 28mm so they go well with heroscape and such but I really love the wargaming aspect of legion. Also, the game of IA is played on a 2 domensional game board whereas legion is played on a 3d battlefield. They are both cool in their own ways though.
39 bucks is a great deal for what you get. I just picked up 2 more legion core sets for 49 each on sale.
Thanks TREX, that helps. The thing is I know that I probably won't get to play the game much because my wife won't like it. And I don't think that I would enjoy it much solo. I think, deep down, that the main reason that I want it is for all those sweet miniatures. I might cancel it after all. I'll have to sleep on it. As for legion, I think that it looks really cool and I had planned on getting into it. But a while back I decided to give up on starting games that require a lot of terrain and painting. Back then I was wanting to get into Malifaux, Frostgrave, TWD, etc but I soon realized how much work and or cost it was going to be just to get all the terrain that I would need. Not to mention all the extra storage space that I would need, which I don't have. And then the added cost of paints and brushes for the miniatures. Sadly I am now just trying to stick with board games. And if the board game happens to come with miniatures I am trying to resist the urge to paint them.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:36 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
And if the board game happens to come with miniatures I am trying to resist the urge to paint them.

Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
And if the board game happens to come with miniatures I am trying to resist the urge to paint them.

Hah! I'm afraid that you are correct.

It turns out that I didn't have to worry about it as far as Imperial Assault is concerned. Fry's just sent me an email stating that they couldn't fulfill my order because they didn't have enough product.

Old June 19th, 2019, 07:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished off the U-Boat pieces for my friend Jeff.

The Crew pieces were the worst minis I've had to paint. The quality and detail sucks, but I did what I could. And I didn't want to spend a ton of time on them anyway, as Jeff just wanted stuff painted so they look better when playing.

Some tiny ships. I just gave them a little more pop than plain grey.

Saturday, I assembled this kit from Blacksite Studios. It's called The Grant Residence, and I had picked it up at their booth at Adepticon at the end of March. It's like the 4Ground Games buildings I have for The Walking Dead, but these guys scale it a little bigger and it fits the scale of TWD better. They are out of Texas, so that's better than ordering stuff from the UK in the future.

I also got the driver and one of the crew for the Landspeeder done.

And yesterday, I got my 3x3 cobblestone gaming mat and 40 piece set of dungeon walls from Ubanmatz in The Czech Republic. Now Trex's cool furniture he sent me will have a great place to be showcased

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures