Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Trial of Nightcrawler (custom by GreyOwl)

LET'S DO THIS THING

The urbane GreyOwl provides the next card for trial.
All are welcome and encouraged to bring their admonitions, propositions and encouragements. Please be aware of the discussion guidelines for TNT trials.

Behold, GreyOwl's interpretation of... Nightcrawler

*edit* - LATEST VERSION

Original Version

Judges status on this Card:
whitestuff -
rdhight -
Boromir_&_kermit -

Any play-testing should only include this custom and official units or other previously appointed TNT customs. To provide a suitable and diverse proving ground, play-testing with both Classicscape and Marvelscape is recommended.

Ideas for play-tests:
1 - Using only Nightcrawler and original Heroscape figures. Each team (consisting of no more than 300 points) should have 2 heroes (max) and squads. Other heroes should be of similar point value to Nightcrawler (Mimring, DW 9000, Cyprien). If Nightcrawler is balanced then the battles between similarly pointed figures should be close contests.
2 - Test him on a battlefield with great height variation, castle walls and LOS blockers. This will allow for Nightcrawler to make the greatest use of his "Bamf" ability.

Already completed play-tests:
1. Boromir_and_kermit's truncated play-test's. Spidey (2)vs Nightcrawler (1)
2. whitestuff's two three-way play-tests. Q9 (2) vs Spidey (0) vs Nightcrawler (0)
3. Boromir_and_kermit's supers smackdown featuring Captain America and Iron Man VS. Doctor Doom and Nightcrawler

For official information about Nightcrawler, consult the official Marvel Nightcrawler page. For further information, including information about Nightcrawler in the X-Men films, consult the wikipedia article.

The journey's about to begin people, let's cast a collective critical eye and polish this baby 'till it shines
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another good comic custom. You guys rock. My nitpics?

-The pic used is confusing to look at

-If you changed his height to medium 5 he could crawl up to the wharehouse platform

-The D20 chart for his teleport is unnecessarily long whinded. Just give 3 result variations or 4 at most.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:48 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Cool, interesting custom!

I was always a fan of Nightcrawler, great character. (Another really expensive clix figure )

Let me just confirm a few things before I start to look at playtesting.
With the ability BAMFI, is that usable once per turn or can he relinquish all three of his attacks and move to pretty much anywhere on the map? Also teleporting any direction including up and down. Does that mean he ignores height? Or that you count height as you would when climbing? I think this needs to be more clear.
I think it needs rewording to sound more official, but if you've seen my cards, you know I'm not the best at doing that

I am a little surprised not to see some sort of abilty to use his teleportation as a defence against attacks but that's fine of course. I know he is extremely mobile, but with 3 life, Nightcrawler will not last long. I would consider (at this early stage ) bumping him up to 4 life.

I can say with assurance, that I will enjoy playtesting this guy, I can't wait to see how the BAMFI ability plays out! I look forward to some good discussion.

Awesome custom GreyOwl, congrats!

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Is anyone allowed to comment or is this reserved for judges only? On the chance I am allowed to comment, here is what I have for Kurt Wagner. When I think of nightcrawler two things come to mind, a swashbuckling teleporter and great agility of an acrobat. I am not sure we cover those with your interpretation of nightcrawler but again it is your interpretation. My recommendations would be, Make the teleport simpler, Just let it replace his move completely (like flying does) and keep the does not take leaving engagement attacks. I do like the randomness of the teleport but if I am losing my attack to it, I definately need it to work for his cost. Triple attack, a very good attempt at putting in the swashbuckling acrobat (along with the climb x 2). What I would suggest:
1. Teleport as I talked about above
2. lose the triple attack and either give him Isamu's ninja dissappear ability or some type of stealth dodge.
3. With teleport, the climbx2 is all but useless. I think it adds flavor but we can replace it with a fuselage special attack (where he would have to stay within his teleport range, hit someone and move away from them - the total movement must be equal to or less than your total teleport range).

Just a few suggestions if I were to make my interpretation of Kurt. What do you guys think. By the way, the stats and and cost are great. Though the cost might increase if any of my ideas were implemented, as it would make him way more dangerous and harder to kill. Though triple attacks are nothing to sneeze at. Overall good job on him, not what I would have done, but it doesnt make yours bad or wrong. I like it.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wow!! You guys really give some excellent input!! MAN! The Marvel Custom scene is where it's at!!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

I find it easier to comment on an established character especially when I know thier capabilities and personality. So superheroes is where it is at for me.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
I find it easier to comment on an established character especially when I know thier capabilities and personality. So superheroes is where it is at for me.
Excellent! I am really impressed with all of you Hero customs guys! Real quality work!! I feel like I can use so many of these customs in my Marvel games!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
A couple of things -

Why chose BAMFI as apposed to BAMF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Marvel Site
When teleporting, Nightcrawler leaves behind a small portion of the atmosphere of the other dimension that escapes with a muffled “bamf” sound and smells of brimstone.
I am completely confused by the targeting zone. What is that a picture of?

I agree with others comments about his Climbx2. Seems a little redundant to me.

I love the triple attack. The only thing I'd consider is making it possible to teleport between attacks. That would be cool as

I'm not sure what font you used but it looks quite pixelated and choppy. The text on the left hand side doesn't seem to be a heavy enough font and the abilities test is a bit too small.

I'm not sure how I feel about the choice of 'Adventurer'. I'll ponder this one further.

Did you fade out the main picture? If so why? I'd like to see it without.

As for costing, I'll have to play-test him and get back to you
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A couple things to add, on top of everyone else's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
I am completely confused by the targeting zone. What is that a picture of?
It is this figure:
That should clear up the hit zone problems, but why make the rock targetable? And why not use this figure? Unless of course you only have the first one.

More comments:
-I am ok with the many different distances for BAMF(I). I just think it needs some clarification and should be formatted like Kelda's and Cyprien'spowers, with bullets. I'd also chage the second to last sentence to "When teleporting, Nightcrawler may ignore elevation changes, pass over obsticles and figure without becoming engaged."
-Triple attack is good, and I like that he can teleport between two of his attacks, very cool.
-Climb can stay, it's not redundant because he can only teleport instead of an attack. He can use climb to get somewhere, attack, teleport, and attack again.
-The picture is a little confusing at first, but once I saw what it was I really liked it.

EDIT: This needs to be stickied

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I like the figure he is using. It shows the Bamfing (that's not a rock ) and the sword carrying one is an Ebay monster
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I like the figure he is using. It shows the Bamfing (that's not a rock ) and the sword carrying one is an Ebay monster
And lack of comic book/Heroclix knowledge shows up yet again .

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Ah, it is his brimstone cloud, I was wondering about that. I would make the cloud untargetable because it hides his location making him harder to target and hit.

Oh and if the triple attack works in conjunction with bamf, that is awesome, giving up one or two of the attacks to teleport around is cool. You need to make that more specific that it works together like that. Walk in, attack, teleport out to another target, giving up second attack and taking third attack on another target, awesome. I like that alot.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations