Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Would you still love HS if you had to paint your own min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I'd still love it, but I'd definitely stop calling it when I'm away, holding its hand at the movies and buying it gifts for no particular reason...

Eventually we would drift apart.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Not a chance.

I would still love the game and play with the pieces I have but that would be it. I wouldn't buy anything new. I can't even color between the lines, the idea of painting a mini scares the life out of me.

I'd quit buying heroscape if I had to paint the figs. (Somewhere my girlfriend heard that and she is cheering).

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:56 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

I would die a little inside. I have no experience with painting figs, and if I tried, the perfectionist in me would come out and I would eventually drive myself into madness over every little flaw. I just can't do it.

"It's not worth it! It's just NOT worth it! Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy." -Plankton
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I consider myself an expert mini painter but I'm also a perfectionist and so painting minis was always very draining and time-consuming ( I used to hand-paint checkerboard pattterns on my Battlemechs in my Battletech days). I enjoy the prepainted minis for that reason. If I had to paint the minis...I dunno. I might try it out but if it became too draining, I might give up....

Brandon

On the same point though can you look at a poorly painted Heroscape figure and just be OK with it?

I would think that would drive you just as crazy.
Oddly, it doesn't. Maybe since I know I didn't paint it, I'm a little more forgiving. Good point, though.

I have been tempted to drybrush a few of my figs (Abomination, especially just screams for it), but so far I've resisted the temptation..

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:19 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I probably wouldn't have ever gotten into it in the first place.

--

I'm hooked now, so I'd stick around. I've found I actually enjoy doing repaints for the GenCon promos. So I'd keep buying. Even if I stopped buying, I'd be enjoying the old stuff for a long time.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:34 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I prefer the prepainted minis because you can tear 'em out of the box and play. It allows those without artistic ability to still have decent looking stock figs, and those with skill to have good looking custom paint jobs. It also adds artistic credibility to those who repaint their figs, showing that they took the time to realize their vision instead of painting them because they were blank.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
However with production cost and availibility pipelines.
Would you still love HS if you had to buy unpainted minis?

I think for HS I would be willing. Hasbro and WOTC have carried the burden long enough and I would be willing to convert.
I would still love my current painted collection, but unpainted figs would mark the end of my buying anything new.

There is no way Hasbro would do this, so the question is moot. This is a game targeted at 8 year old, and most 8 year olds are not going to be painting miniatures. It was the painted minis that was the original big selling point. Remember the packaging? What was the one thing they wanted to make sure people saw? One of the painted figs!

I don't view pre-painted figs as Hasbro "carrying the load" any more than preprinted counters is GMT "carrying the load." Heroscape without pre-painted minis is no longer Heroscape. Painting my own exclusives is bad enough.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

unpainted minis would mean that i would no longer buy heroscape.

i have no desire to buy all the paints and other supplies to do this by myself. bleh

i would hazard a guess that unpainted minis = death of heroscape
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

No. I suck at it.

I'm a gamer, not an artist. I could pay some guy $300 for a decent painted Warhammer Army, but I'm not gonna do that. Prepainted and no blind purchase is the only reason I've invested so much in this game!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM

Alee_Brightberry Woo who?

Wouldn't matter a whit to me.

We have played HeroQUEST for years without taking a paintbrush to the figs.

the painted figs are a plus - Yes - but not a huge part of the game to say that I wouldn't buy it if it weren't painted.

but if "they" didn't paint the figs - maybe we could get more in a wave? >ducking and running now, before I get hit with a stone<

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I've got boxes of unpainted figures stored away in my basement. If Heroscape had been produced with unpainted figures I would have bought it for the hexes/terrain and thrown all of those unpainted figures in the boxes with my other unpainted figures, most likely to never see the light of day. I probably would have read through the rules over lunch one day, but I doubt I would have even ever tried to play it.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I've got boxes of unpainted figures stored away in my basement. If Heroscape had been produced with unpainted figures I would have bought it for the hexes/terrain and thrown all of those unpainted figures in the boxes with my other unpainted figures, most likely to never see the light of day. I probably would have read through the rules over lunch one day, but I doubt I would have even ever tried to play it.
If you need the room I can come pick those up unpainted figs up from your house Grish

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion