Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 21st, 2022, 02:31 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Books of Age of Annihilation INDEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
We were given express permission to share the current cards. Why you would want to display older cards, which were updated for good reason, is beyond me.
My thought for leading with the AoA card was to display what was official imagery first. Do do otherwise might have been seen as disrespectful to the AoA team. But DS' reasoning is sound. Those images have outdated information.

If we are to standardize, I think we should lead with Anitar's updated Classic layout card and move the AoA released card down with the other promotional images and still note them as having outdated information.

Thoughts?

EDIT: To whomever repped me to tell me there is no "official imagery," when I say "official imagery" I am using it as shorthand for "Promotional imagery distributed to the public by Avalon Hill employees" and I fail to see the distinction between my longhand and "official."

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 21st, 2022 at 04:20 PM. Reason: shorthand
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:33 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I, for one, am in full support of proudly displaying the proof that I've created something worth creating.
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:40 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
My thought for leading with the AoA card was to display what was official imagery first. Do do otherwise might have been seen as disrespectful to the AoA team.
This is more what I meant
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:58 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I shuffled them around and added the errata, how does everyone like this look?

Quote:
The Book of Festering Honor Guard

Age of Annihilation

Made by @Anitar

Alternative Cards
Spoiler Alert!
Also, I'm going to go ahead and claim Queen Maladrix, I'll get her book up tonight
Old November 21st, 2022, 03:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 21st, 2022, 09:16 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Book is up, I posted the AH card and put Anitar's in spoilers in keeping with the other two books, but Anitar's card contains the corrections (and looks better), so I feel like it should be the other way around. Thoughts?

EDIT:
I wanted to bump this topic and get input from y’all other current book creators, @Vydar_XLIII @Chill @Blue Trails . I think it doesn’t make sense for the first visible card to have incorrect information and be unfinished, so I want to swap mine around, and do so for any future AoA books I do, but I also thinks it’s important to have consistency in the books. What do y’all think?
That logic tracks. I'll edit Xenithrax's Book to follow this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Are Anitar's recreated Glide Strikers and Haluchott cards eligible/"safe" for Books? If so, I'd totally take Haluchott.
Yes!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Are Anitar's recreated Glide Strikers and Haluchott cards eligible/"safe" for Books? If so, I'd totally take Haluchott.
Yes!
They are safe for books, because we acknowledge what they are: Anitar pieced cleverly them together from information that AH put out into the world. Because they were never released, the same way the rest of the AoA units were, we on the War Council can't confirm or deny the fine work that she did, or answer questions about the designs.
Good to know! I'm glad to hear that, because those designs looked the most fun of any that had been "revealed." Here's Haluchott.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 11:47 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Book of Cornelius Breech the Blackguard Prince is up!

Also, please update his name in the OP from "Derelict Prince" to "Blackguard Prince."

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:01 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is awesome, thank you guys! Some great work here.

I also am in favor of putting the units that were never released in any fashion into a separate list than those which were either officially released or pieced together by Anitar. I know I for one will be finding proxies for those that were released/ pieced together but not those that are fully "personal customs."

I also might change the terminology of those Anitar pieced together to "unofficial leaks" to distinguish it from the "personal customs" that have little relation to information shared with us by AH. The 3 categories of AoA books would thus be:
1. Official Reveals
2. Unofficial Leaks
3. Personal Customs

Secondly, would it be good to put a link to the proxy thread in this post? I for one would like that

Last edited by Knox; November 23rd, 2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 01:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I propose that the index track all "revealed" units. Units were revealed in one of two ways: either released deliberately, or (in the case of 2) exposed accidentally. Either way, they were "revealed," which was good enough to unite them under that one banner. The OP of Anitar's two discovered units can and should include a note crediting her for the impressive work she did piecing those designs together.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 23rd, 2022, 02:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Copying & pasting my own post:
Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING RIGHT HERE PAY ATTENTION FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE PUT DOWN YOUR COFFEE THIS IS SERIOUS AND I MEAN SERIOUS

Greeings, gentle reader interested in the Age of Annihilation. Thank you for your attention to this moment in the history of our beloved game. I would like to share something with you.

The Avalon Hill team released many units to the world - and to us, the community - including several even as the campaign was winding down, with no chance of success. I am fortunate to have been released from the NDA to discuss certain subjects, including the evolution of designs that have been released. To that end, I am permitted to say, and I do say, the following:
Every unit that was released was in final form to our satisfaction as designers and playtesters. The only changes that might have followed were cosmetic, including (1) names of units and powers, and (2) precise "height" value. Other than those two things, these units were all final, to our satisfaction and to Craig's.

I have heard, but not seen, that some expressed a concern that these designs were still "beta." They were not. They were finished. Were they released as part of a finished AH product? No. But they were finished.

Thank you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 24th, 2022, 12:03 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll go ahead and claim Thyraxis Dragoon's book

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units