Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 30th, 2022, 10:43 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

I was really hoping to see the numbers gain momentum after the half way mark.
When Tom Vassel the lover of all things Scape goes the price is to high.
On his video channel it’s discouraging. Knowing why the price is where it is.
Future marketing and production cost.
I want this to fund I do but with the days we have left and just breaking 3017 I really wish they would have reached out to people like Tom and maybe supporters of the game to get them to show support.
But at this time I see this maybe reaching 4250 and I’m sad to say I really wanted this to succeed!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old October 30th, 2022, 11:57 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, while I'm not the most optimistic, this isn't over...and it's a first attempt on re-starting official 'scape.

How many restarts did Heroquest attempt?

I'm still hoping there's a Krug up someone's sleeve!...um, I mean an ace...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 30th, 2022 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Scape doesn't stop...it still belongs to us!
Old October 30th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

I think a relaunch is worth a shot. Now that they're looking at some toned down colors, just add a wash to the figs and walls, and press the reset button.
Old October 30th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I have to agree. I really think this started off badly but now that they have the cards fixed. The colors fixed. They can add a wash like @GaryLASQ said. I Say this should have a do over with a more structured go at it.

I really would like to see this get funded but the way they went about it, they weren’t ready. So when they say they took almost 2 years before deciding to do this I would think they would have had a better game plan.

But what’s done is done. The Trigger was pulled. Mistakes were made.
They should have talked to a few Game YouTubers for word of mouth.
Also I liked how Plaid Hat did the PDP for Ashes W/ team covenant . We didn’t feel rushed to get it done! And had more then 45Days! Especially when Only a Small Group was knowing of the Release to Back it!

I want nothing More to Back this to 8000 Units. But with the time we have left and the amount of units we need to get I’m not sure that is attainable.

I really Hope AOA can have another chance! Maybe make it a 10 unit Limit this time. Then Reach out to a Few Promoters of games before you pull the Trigger! Also maybe Release a video or two on the page of play and rules of the game. Make it look interesting to new players!

Just my 2 cents, Not that they will matter since if it doesn’t get backed Scape will most likely get shelved ��

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old October 30th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

They should have ‘scape come in shaded plastic+wash but unassembled & snap together like Mimring/Su-bak-na etc Then make different parts of the figures be different colors. They might look a little more cartoonish than original scape, but with good design that can be minimized.. Like higher detail Lego/megablocks but (mostly) permanent. To cut down on the number of molds they can have squad figures have shared parts (the same arms but the torsos have different shoulder joints that change angles). There will be more gaps, but IMO small price to pay.

And of course more elementals/ghosts/etc that have a clear+color(+maybe wash?) of the DnD style elementals & ghosts rather than AotP

It would make the figures more sculpt driven (and maybe shoulder armor/muscle will have to be bigger), but ultimately I think this will work since it turns variable labor costs (hand painting) into fixed (more design work and molds up front) labor costs (relative to original scape). Keeps the accessibility of original scape for those who aren’t good with a brush with less cost*

If it works it could potentially become a whole new category of minis

*I’m not an expert on the back end technical numbers, so if somebody with more knowledge wants to point out I’m way off, please give the feedback. I love hearing the back end technical numbers.
Old October 30th, 2022, 04:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Only one with Hasbro. The previous ones were by other companies.
Old October 30th, 2022, 06:09 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Only one with Hasbro. The previous ones were by other companies.
And unsuccessful in large part due to Hasbro's legal action taken against them.
Old October 30th, 2022, 07:31 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I think a relaunch is worth a shot. Now that they're looking at some toned down colors, just add a wash to the figs and walls, and press the reset button.
Except they have said that will not be happening. This is the relaunch, if it flops then it goes into the vault for what we can only assume will be quite a few years. We have heard nothing to make us believe that it will be relaunched inside of ten years if this fails. I'm not sure why there is constant talk about it trying again when what we have been led to believe is that this is the definitive shot for quite a while.
Old October 30th, 2022, 07:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure why there is constant talk about it trying again when what we have been led to believe is that this is the definitive shot for quite a while.
I agree, if this fails, it’s going back in the vault maybe never to come back ever. That said, if they are willing to relaunch they wouldn’t give us any hint whatsoever. If they did, many would pull their pledge now and wait for the next try. I’m sure AH would rather fund now than delay and try again later

-insert signature here-
Old October 30th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure why there is constant talk about it trying again when what we have been led to believe is that this is the definitive shot for quite a while.
I agree, if this fails, it’s going back in the vault maybe never to come back ever. That said, if they are willing to relaunch they wouldn’t give us any hint whatsoever. If they did, many would pull their pledge now and wait for the next try. I’m sure AH would rather fund now than delay and try again later
I'd assume it'll be at least another 7 years before we'd see another re-launch attempt
Old October 30th, 2022, 08:52 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
10⁹⁹⁹⁹ @Shurrig

I think this is more appropriately: ∞10²¹
Old October 30th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4201976 View Post
I have to agree. I really think this started off badly but now that they have the cards fixed. The colors fixed
The unit colors were changed? I'd like nothing more than neutral-colored (or reasonable base color for a given unit, like tan Marro, etc.) units rather than army-colored sculpts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion