Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2016, 04:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Coming Attractions

I'm having a multimedia moment! I've posted about the famous Japanese anime Ghost In The Shell on the anime thread. I've noted I'm just watching the commentaries of Game of Thrones Season Six on the TV thread. Watching the commentary on the Episode "The Door," the actor who plays Euron
Greyjoy mentioned that he is phoning in his comments from New Zealand. "What are you doing down there?" asks another actor.

"Filming a movie called Ghost In The Shell."

I'd heard that a live action version was happening, and since the commentary was recorded months ago...I see on IMDB that's its due out in 2017 starring Scarlett Johansson!

Last edited by chas; November 21st, 2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 05:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Coming Attractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I'm having a multimedia moment! I've posted about the famous Japanese anime Ghost In The Shell on the anime thread. I've noted I'm just watching the commentaries of Game of Thrones Season Six on the TV thread. Watching the commentary on the Episode "The Door," the actor who plays Euron
Greyjoy mentioned that he is phoning in his comments from New Zealand. "What are you doing down there?" asks another actor.

"Filming a movie called Ghost In The Shell."

I'd heard that a live action version was happening, and since the commentary was recorded months ago...I see on IMDB that's its due out in 2017 starring Scarlett Johansson!
Not a big anime fan, but I saw the trailer for Ghost during Fantastic Beasts. Looks cool!
Old November 21st, 2016, 05:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yep, fans are bitter they cast an American actress in the lead.

Looking forward to it myself.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 22nd, 2016, 01:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

And a Swede in the lead (as Batou)!
Old March 21st, 2019, 07:45 AM

A new interview from the GAMA trade show notes that a new Dune movie will be coming out in 2020 (Part I) and 2021 (Part II), directed by the guy who has done several things, including the reboot of Blade Runner. This will kick off new Dune gaming product for the first time in many years, including a redo of the original Avalon Hill game and much more. Gale Force 9 will be coordinating the new wave of stuff for the Herbert estate.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:35 AM

Looking around for interesting post-Avengers Endgame MCU projects that would excite me, I found THE ETERNALS! True Believers know of course that its already in the MCU, since a world visited by The Guardians of the Galaxy in their first film was the hollowed our head of a Celestial!

After Jack Kirby crossed over to DC to create the Fourth World Trilogy, which redid the greater cosmology of the entire DCU, he returned to Marvel and did the same thing there.

The Eternals is about to start filming in the Fall, with none other than Angelique Jolie as Sersei (Circe) who is beautiful, immortal, mischevous, and throws the best parties in Manhattan. The following from Wikipedia:

In April 2018, Kevin Feige announced that a film based on the Eternals had begun development, with a focus on Ikaris & Sersi as its central characters.[33][34] In May 2018, Matthew and Ryan Firpo were hired to write the script for the project.[35] By late-September, Marvel hired Chloé Zhao to direct the film.[36] On April 6th, 2019, Angelina Jolie was confirmed to play Sersi and as of April 8th, 2019, Kumail Nanjiani was in talks to join the cast.[37] On April 17, it was also reported that Korean actor Ma Dong-seok is also set to join the cast.[38] On May 7, it was reported that Richard Madden was in talks to play Ikaris in the film.[39] On June 1, it was reported that Keanu Reeves was in talks to join the film.[40] Filming was originally set to begin in August 2019 in Atlanta, but was later pushed to September 9, 2019 and will last until January 2020; filming will now occur in London.[41][42]

Ikaris fans rejoice! You can track recent progress on IMDB.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:48 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ava DuVernay will be writing and directing a The New Gods (also by Jack Kirby) movie for the DC Extended Universe films. The Wrap reports that joining her on co-writing the script will be Tom King who is currently writing Batman and just wrapped up the Heroes in Crisis and Mister Miracle limited series. WB/DC and Disney/Marvel will be in a race to release two Jack Kirby space epics.

Here's hoping they can find a new story with Darksied, Highfather, Orion, Scott Free, Big Barda, Granny Goodness, etc, that to non-comic fans doesn't seem just like a rehash/combo of Thanos/Gamora/Nebula and Odin/Thor/Loki (with adopted children fighting for fatherly attention of a God-like figure).
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:21 PM

Wow, cool Lefty!

Thanks--I can hardly wait. All we have so far is that great old animated episode of Justice League Unlimited where Scott and Barda (my absolute favorite comic characters) with Flash return to Apocalypse. With Ed Asner as the voice of Granny Goodness and Artie Johnson as Vermin Vundabar, among others! Classic.
Old June 4th, 2019, 04:23 PM

Finally saw Into The Spiderverse. When I mentioned it to someone else, she noted that they are making a sequel! I hope Miles gets to hang out with Gwen. She seemed to be somehow communicating from her universe to him at the end from a cloud of hyper space bubbles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies